Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

The Albanian full stack army that appears for them later in the game under the general " Count Gjorgj" crashes real time battles. Auto-resolve seems to not be affected at all. Fought that with many different armies. Tested, the crash is a 100% one. Thought should mention that.. cheers guys

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can you post your log?

Here s the campaign save. The army is standing there just start a battle and play arround 4 mins into battle.. See if you can get it without a crash.. I fought that albanian army with various stacks just made sure that it s not Ragusan army that crash. So fair to say the Albanian count crash it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well I can't test the save because my version is incompatible, I'll need a log. I tried testing every unit in that stack plus skanderbeg's unique battle model in custom battle and they all work without a crash

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hello, i have installed tsardoms 2.0 on my laptop (res 1900 X 600). the mod runs stable but starts in a small window. have i to edit the cfg-file because of windowed mode ore is there another solution?

Foederatus

bordinis, i haven't seen the 100 turn replenish issue with swiss mounted crossbows, but i have for venice. in the edb go to "venice (missiles) tier 4" and you'll see the replenish rate in core regions is 0.01, change that to 0.1 and it will be correct/match other italian mounted crossbows.

dismounted bavarian knights look fine for feudal tiers 1 and 2, but go to "bavaria (feudal) tier 3"
    & change the replenish rates in BOTH the core_region and territory_cession rows from 0.01 to 0.1.

other way round is the janissary arques in city barracks tier 4, core replenish 0.55 needs to be 0.055 to match other janissaries. i've noticed all these things are still present in the edb for 2.0, but it takes like 1 minute to fix so it's no big deal. not savegame compatible in my experience though.

very excited to try out 2.0, already noticed some awesome campaign script additions and some cool things in the edb like naples provencal arbalestiers no longer require waiting for gothic armour event. i also saw that late ritters/signori are gone and was just curious was that a balance decision or more historically based? i think it's a good one, since afaik full plate barding didn't really proliferate until the late 15th c. so in-game it'll make that quite rare (bodyguards and condottieri) until the lategame advent of gendarmes.

corollary to that, to make the gothic armourer available to naples and athens, would i just replace rhodes and trinacria in the edb brackets with "mediterranean" to cover them all? i know the duchy of athens and angevin naples did not really exist by the time of the maximilian armour event in question (which is why i assume it was not made available to them), but just for gameplay reasons they're the only factions that can train gendarmes but not build that armourer to upgrade them, so i was thinking of adjusting that for myself.

likewise, if i were to make units like spanish arquebusiers or basilisks available to trinacria (i know the Met has a 1523 basilisk from Sicilian gunsmith Petrus de Arena literally inscribed "Panormo fuit he deficatvs"), is it as simple as editing edu ownership and edb recruitment, or would i need to tinker with things over my head like textures/the unit models folder?

Yeah I have to say those full plated cav really are a bit overpowered especially when 2 cav units can easily hold off AI's half army in place for full duration of the battle. They maybe made them much rarer to recruit, not sure, right now testing the newest version..

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Yeah I have to say those full plated cav really are a bit overpowered especially when 2 cav units can easily hold off AI's half army in place for full duration of the battle. They maybe made them much rarer to recruit, not sure, right now testing the newest version..
    I have seen my knight and bodyguard engage in melee(not charge) against enemy spearman and won without breaking a sweat.

My favorite and my biggest fear if enemy infantry are anyone that use two handed especially if they have effective against armor and cavalry because they may die easily but at least they will kill enemy heavy cav along with it.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I dont think that they are that powerfull. I had 6 units of Croatian knights in my campaign and each of those cost 600, even more when in field in enemy territory in siege. So a huge expense for me. And Ragusans had plenty of heavy infantry, especialy the Pavisarii and heavy halbeldiers. My knights got hacked to pieces. I tried charging multiple times but it was not enough.

They are very powerfull against lighter less trained troops with poor morale do.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    I dont think that they are that powerfull. I had 6 units of Croatian knights in my campaign
    I was only referring to cav sporting white armour, as in no caparison. in other words, units in the edu with "western armoured horse" or "european armoured horse" as their mount. that's just the condottieri, gendarmes, some late bodyguards, and the (as far as i can tell now-excised) late ritters/signori. the croatian banderium use something like "barded horse lancer" mount thus less armour, an easy visual way to tell is the unit model has a caparison, same as the other early-to-mid-game knights like standard ritter/signori, baronial banderium, teutonic knights, etc. i was just curious why the late ritters/signori were removed, like if it was because they made it too easy to amass white armour cav before that would've happened historically.

to tldr my post from earlier today, if jurcek, wallachian, or another mod team member wants me to upload an edu with those 4 minor replenish corrections for inclusion in future updates i'd be glad to, just tell me where. and then still wondering to customize expansion of ownership for things like the gothic armourer, spanish arques, basilisk (historically supported), etc is that just simple edb/edu edits or are additional steps necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    I dont think that they are that powerfull. I had 6 units of Croatian knights in my campaign and each of those cost 600, even more when in field in enemy territory in siege. So a huge expense for me. And Ragusans had plenty of heavy infantry, especialy the Pavisarii and heavy halbeldiers. My knights got hacked to pieces. I tried charging multiple times but it was not enough.

They are very powerfull against lighter less trained troops with poor morale do.
    Suprisingly cycle charging in this game don't feel that powerful and it's better for the knight to just stick around and fight or attack them from the flank when they are already distracted.

I assume pavisarii are spearman but i never face them before i only fought italian,serbian and bulgarian spearman and these one i defeat handily. But heavy halberdier? Yeah they're tough i need crossbow or javelin to kill them handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I was only referring to cav sporting white armour, as in no caparison. in other words, units in the edu with "western armoured horse" or "european armoured horse" as their mount. that's just the condottieri, gendarmes, some late bodyguards, and the (as far as i can tell now-excised) late ritters/signori. the croatian banderium use something like "barded horse lancer" mount thus less armour, an easy visual way to tell is the unit model has a caparison, same as the other early-to-mid-game knights like standard ritter/signori, baronial banderium, teutonic knights, etc. i was just curious why the late ritters/signori were removed, like if it was because they made it too easy to amass white armour cav before that would've happened historically.

to tldr my post from earlier today, if jurcek, wallachian, or another mod team member wants me to upload an edu with those 4 minor replenish corrections for inclusion in future updates i'd be glad to, just tell me where. and then still wondering to customize expansion of ownership for things like the gothic armourer, spanish arques, basilisk (historically supported), etc is that just simple edb/edu edits or are additional steps necessary?
    Yes please upload your EDB, I'll make a hotfix. To make units available to other factions you'd also need to update the ownership in EDU and add textures for those factions in battle_models.modelsdb otherwise they'll be silver surfers. I agre that Spanish arquebusiers should be available to trinacria as well, must have been an omission. I noticed that trinacria also doesn't get all the Spanish units that athens get, will look into it. The gothic armourer doesn't do anything, gendarmes already start with maximilian so they don't need to be upgraded, only late bodyguards but those are not available in the campaign. There are several reasons why late ritters and signori were removed, the main reason is they're too overpowered

Yes the drawbacks of knights is they're very expensive (600 upkeep) and they get destroyed by polearm units. They are powerful yes but they also have counters so it's much better than in SS where byzantines start with 2 units of Scholarii which have insane armour plus their bodyguards are tanks but their neighbours have mostly crappy spearm militia which are useless against them. In Tsardoms all factions have some sort of 2handed AP units available which are very effective against knights and all kinds of heavily armoured units

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Yes please upload your EDB, I'll make a hotfix. To make units available to other factions you'd also need to update the ownership in EDU and add textures for those factions in battle_models.modelsdb otherwise they'll be silver surfers. I agre that Spanish arquebusiers should be available to trinacria as well, must have been an omission. I noticed that trinacria also doesn't get all the Spanish units that athens get, will look into it. The gothic armourer doesn't do anything, gendarmes already start with maximilian so they don't need to be upgraded, only late bodyguards but those are not available in the campaign. There are several reasons why late ritters and signori were removed, the main reason is they're too overpowered
    it's attached. it's working for me with the changes in effect, but please do test it yourself before uploading a hotfix because i'm frankly a fool when it comes to this and assume i probably screwed something up.

i took one look at the battle_models.modelsdb in notepad and immediately decided to leave that to the experts. though i agree it would add a lot of fun early-game variety for trinacria to get some jinetes or mesnaderos in the mix along with the awesome late-game spanish arques and basilisks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Yes the drawbacks of knights is they're very expensive (600 upkeep) and they get destroyed by polearm units. They are powerful yes but they also have counters so it's much better than in SS where byzantines start with 2 units of Scholarii which have insane armour plus their bodyguards are tanks but their neighbours have mostly crappy spearm militia which are useless against them. In Tsardoms all factions have some sort of 2handed AP units available which are very effective against knights and all kinds of heavily armoured units
    The knight are somewhat counterable compare to ss(still remember how their bodyguard single handedly kill my entire infantry although it's just saracen militia) aside from polearm large number of cavalry can also do the trick.

I use my turkishman horse archer to annoy the general bodyguard but their arrow as suspected are ineffective than i order to attack and encircle them and it seems 240 horse archer vs 20 bodygurad are too much for the knight and prove much more effective.

That said if the ligter cavalry are not numerous enough and not encircle the knight they will get slaughtered. My bodyguard attack 60 bulgarian prinanoi and my bodyguard recieve no casualties while the prinanoi are all dead.
    Last edited by eyelurker; September 23, 2021 at 08:17 AM.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Yes heavily armored knights are very powerful in Tsardoms TW, as they should be, I think overall the unit balance is pretty good.
    Maybe their availability is a bit too high though, playing as Bavaria in 1.5 I ended up with tons of dismounted knights, which are brutally effective.

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    Maybe their availability is a bit too high though, playing as Bavaria in 1.5 I ended up with tons of dismounted knights, which are brutally effective.
    Feudal barracks are cheaper and faster to build than barracks and marksman also you only need lv1 feudal barracks while barracks and marksman need to upgrade.

I actually wondering if the recruitment could be tied up to government building instead of wasting time building vanilla barracks. For example autonomy route allow you to recruit local unit while forced assimilation give you no local but if feudal barracks is built you can recruit knight right away and finally you get both in core,cession and region capital.

Btw for strange reason greek crossbowman can be recruit in lv3 and lv5 city barracks but cannot be recruited in lv4 city barracks

Couple of things.

After loading a save it automatically makes your settlements automanaged without a general in it. Then there is the crashes. Every 5 or 6 turns during the AI turn. Lets you restart and play through but then of course settlements are automanaged and there is no point playing on.

Quote Originally Posted by matray View Post
    Couple of things.

After loading a save it automatically makes your settlements automanaged without a general in it. Then there is the crashes. Every 5 or 6 turns during the AI turn. Lets you restart and play through but then of course settlements are automanaged and there is no point playing on.
    This is what Gigantus had to say about this

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

i guess, that i`am the only unlucky with starting problems.

"hello, i have installed tsardoms 2.0 on my laptop (res 1900 X 600). the mod runs stable but starts in a small window. have i to edit the cfg-file because of windowed mode ore is there another solution?"