Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

That is correct. I had a look and Karl Topia only has textures for the slave faction. The thing is that Albania faction was added to the mod only recently but we already had guys like Topia and Skanderbeg in as rebel characters, but I forgot to update the battle entries when we added the faction. Skanderbeg as well.

Here is the fix (save-game compatible). Just put it into data/unit_models folder and replace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/168Y...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Great thank you. I tried to load the save but unfortunately it is crashing so i can't open it up. Just double checking, do you have the hotfix installed (the export_descr_buildings)?

There seems to be an isolated issue for some people. There is a fix for this but i would suggest waiting 1 or 2 days.

Stay tuned, a new version will be coming in the next few days which will include A LOT of ctd and bug fixes. It should be our most stable version to date.
    Hi Wallachian - sadly this has not been fixed yet. Let me know what information you need - although there's no log file (I followed this thread to try and find it but no luck)

There are a couple of issues that I've noticed. The first one is that Bavaria has the Southern European accent and that Albania has the Eastern European accent. The second one is whenever I try to load a custom battle, it crashes.

Started a new campaign as Croatia in 1.5 (hoping this time it won't crash after X turns).
    So I understand that Hungary now starts with 2 big armies on the Croatia border, a Croatian one led by Zrinski and a Hungarian one led by the Hungarian King. And from what I can see they are scripted to siege Bihać and Knin respectively?

So when they did this in my game, I offered them a ceasefire on my 2nd turn (after they've sieged them) and this stopped the sieges (or so I thought). After ending turn they still attacked (which lead me to believe it was scripted) but since I offered them peace and that stopped the sieges during my turn, they didn't have any siege so they just retreated immediately.
    I'm assuming this is probably a bug or an "exploit" so I'm reporting it here.

u better become their vassal and then conqure ragusa and bosnia so u rebuild the kingdom
    last u attack hungary,no casefire at the start they will just betray you!

Quote Originally Posted by RokoMil View Post
    Started a new campaign as Croatia in 1.5 (hoping this time it won't crash after X turns).
    So I understand that Hungary now starts with 2 big armies on the Croatia border, a Croatian one led by Zrinski and a Hungarian one led by the Hungarian King. And from what I can see they are scripted to siege Bihać and Knin respectively?

So when they did this in my game, I offered them a ceasefire on my 2nd turn (after they've sieged them) and this stopped the sieges (or so I thought). After ending turn they still attacked (which lead me to believe it was scripted) but since I offered them peace and that stopped the sieges during my turn, they didn't have any siege so they just retreated immediately.
    Yeah the script is not 100% fullproof yet, ideally you would have an option at the start when playing as Croatia, either become Hungarian vassal or else. Currently the scripted sieges happen regardless of diplomatic stance. So yeah you stumbled upon an exploit there.

Hopefully the mod won't crash unexpectedly this time, we've spent a lot time and effort on stability issues. Thank you for posting, enjoy your campaign. You will also encounter spawned Croatian historical characters like Ivan od Paližne, Ivaniš Nelipić, Ivan Horvat, Mirko Derenčin and others

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by RokoMil View Post
    Yes, it is a script, AI doesnt understand that Louis Anjou is supposed to reestablish control over Croatia and fight Venetians. Armies are scripted to maintain siege and then attack the Bihac and Knin. When Knin is taken Croatia gets "subjugated" and becomes Hungarian ally.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Yeah the script is not 100% fullproof yet, ideally you would have an option at the start when playing as Croatia, either become Hungarian vassal or else. Currently the scripted sieges happen regardless of diplomatic stance. So yeah you stumbled upon an exploit there.

Hopefully the mod won't crash unexpectedly this time, we've spent a lot time and effort on stability issues. Thank you for posting, enjoy your campaign. You will also encounter spawned Croatian historical characters like Ivan od Paližne, Ivaniš Nelipić, Ivan Horvat, Mirko Derenčin and others
    Yeah, that would be a better alternative. This way the Hungarians don't even get to fight the Venetians.
    And thanks, I've already encountered Ivan Horvat but not any of the others. Looking forward to it.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello,

Congratulations on the new release, your work is impressive !
    I was wondering if the team is happy with the current battles dynamic, with a very high casualty rate, or if it is planned to tweak it to achieve a slower pace ?

Alright, sorry for posting so frequently but I just had a bug happen.
    I took Požega from the Hungarians and there was no Hungarian government building in there so I can't build a Croatian one in it's place, meaning that Požega is essentially soft-locked from ever being developed.

Last time this happened because I foolishly destroyed the building myself but this time I did not touch anything, there just wasn't one when I took it.
    Maybe but some systems in place so the player and AI can't destroy these buildings?

Don't worry, not a bug. Požega is a motte&bailey, you cannot build almost anything at that level. Wait till it reaches 3000 population

Don't worry, not a bug. Požega is a motte&bailey, you cannot build almost anything at that level. Wait till it reaches 3000 population
    I think you misunderstood me. I meant that the "settlement policy building" building (so e.g. "Hungarian Autonomy 2") is missing. I went and gave Požega over 3000 population and waited 2 turns just in case. Nothing happened.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Maybe manually add such a building via console or game files? Or is my save just ed?

Ok I had a look and indeed it is a bug, or rather an oversight. The minimum required settlement level for the administration buildings is level 1 (small town or wooden castle), while Poszega is a level 0 settlement. This means you cannot build them there. It can be fixed in EDB but I ran a test and it's not save-game compatible unfortunately. So the only solution in an existing save is to revert to an earlier save (if you have it) before you captured Poszega and wait for Hungary to upgrade it (you can use the add_population cheat to give them a boost)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duluthian View Post
    There are a couple of issues that I've noticed. The first one is that Bavaria has the Southern European accent and that Albania has the Eastern European accent. The second one is whenever I try to load a custom battle, it crashes.
    Bavaria is an issue yes. But Albania is meant to have Eastern European accent. We can't give them Southern Euro or Greek is Eastern Euro is the only one which would work for them. Just like all the other Eastern European factions.

About the custom battle, hmm that is odd they work fine for me. Perhaps try and do a clean install of 1.5? Not sure what to suggest.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm encountering a CTD on the Aydinid turn of my Palaiologan campaign in 1398- I'm not patched to the latest version.

I can't attach the log due to the large file size, but the last few lines are within the spoiler tags.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 1059 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 1068 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 1085 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 1094 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 1160 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 1162 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <change_population_religion> at line 1620 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8847 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8848 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.902 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8849 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8850 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8851 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8852 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8853 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8854 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8855 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8856 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8857 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8858 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8859 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8860 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8861 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8862 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8863 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8864 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8865 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8866 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 8867 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 12728 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0046_P_Normalise> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0050_P_Normalise_Islam> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0052_P_Normalise_Hospitaller_Islam> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0285_Update_Religion> fired
    16:03:14.903 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    16:03:14.904 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    16:03:14.904 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0107_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Major> fired
    16:03:14.904 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <agents7> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <agents8a> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <master_of_assassins_vnv_trigger> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <master_of_assassins> not added - chance 5, random 39
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <agents9> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <agents11> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <foodtaster_vnv_trigger> fired
    16:03:15.135 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <foodtaster> not added - chance 20, random 18 - but could not be received
    16:03:15.211 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <campaign_wait> at line 2890 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:15.211 [game.script.timer.strat] [trace] Strat timer start 0.10, line number 2890
    16:03:15.211 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0069_T_Instigate_Siege> fired
    16:03:15.211 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INSTIGATE_SIEGE from transgressor faction 1DEC3880 against faction 1DF0AD52
    16:03:15.257 [game.script.timer.strat] [trace] Strat timer finished 0.10, line number 2890
    16:03:15.258 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 2896 in mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:03:15.466 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    16:03:15.466 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 1DEC3880 against faction 1DF09EE8
    16:03:15.467 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/globallighting/afternoon_light.lighting
    16:03:15.468 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_light.lighting,182
    16:03:15.468 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/afternoon_light.lighting (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    16:03:15.468 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_afternoon.texture
    16:03:15.468 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.3/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_afternoon.texture
    16:03:15.468 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    16:03:15.468 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    16:03:15.468 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1DEC3880 against faction 1DF09EE8
    16:03:15.479 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    16:03:15.479 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    16:03:15.911 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Please check on page 16 and on. It's probably about the same bug. It can be fixed if you have an earlier save.

That said, it is highly recommended you start playing the latest version. It's much more stable all around

Ok I had a look and indeed it is a bug, or rather an oversight. The minimum required settlement level for the administration buildings is level 1 (small town or wooden castle), while Poszega is a level 0 settlement. This means you cannot build them there. It can be fixed in EDB but I ran a test and it's not save-game compatible unfortunately. So the only solution in an existing save is to revert to an earlier save (if you have it) before you captured Poszega and wait for Hungary to upgrade it (you can use the add_population cheat to give them a boost)
    So I did not have an earlier save to revert to but I did give Požega back to the Hungarians. It's been ~10 turns now and they still haven't built the building (I used process_cq) every turn just in case.
    Do you think the AI will never build it since they lost and then regained the city?

Nah it won't work because the Hungarian settlement policy building was destroyed when you captured it and they can't build it again, same as you couldn't. It's a stupid oversight really. Unfortunately the create_building console command only works in scripts but not as a console cheat

Alright, thanks a ton for your help. I guess I'll just scrap this save and visit the mod again when you guys polish it a bit more. Loving it so far but this is my third save that got screwed by bugs (2 times this bug and once a CTD that was later fixed).

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

But is your save screwed in any way? You should be able to easily continue, just ignore Pozega, it's the only place where you will encounter this bug.