Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Also i can ask if this issue can be occasioned by a pirate copy or a version mismatch?

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Maybe try redownloading, I had issues a few times when I tried downloading large files from mega. Or try the torrent
    Well, thanks for the assistance but seems Tsardoms don´t work for me

In my game with Bulgaria, Athens died out in the first 10-15 turns, thought its just bad luck with their faction leader and heir dying, that and the bulgarian light horsemen texture being bugged are the only bugs I saw in the campagin for around 50-60 turns.

for now i justt noticed that the serbian sperman are silver surfers.Im bosnian banate.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hey guys , playing the mod and i like it so far.

Some observations :
    - You mentioned the voices for campaign factions are scrambled, indeed , Venice uses Mongolian accent .
    - Sharpened Stakes should be reduced only to elite-type units, right now ALOT of units have this ablity and it gives the player the ability to abuse the damn out of them. Specially since the AI is braindead and charges his cav forth.
    - Some Music overhaul in the future would be nice to add if you could.

I love the historical aspect and the unit models , such a great mod !

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Please check out the second post in the launch thread, there is a whole music pack which can be used.

Hi! Great mod! Very impressed. Well done to the team.
    I'm playing a byzantium campaign and here are some things i noted:
    I love the map, it looks beautiful. The units are very balanced (from what i've seen), although i'd say the unit prices are a bit low. The initial war with Kantakouzenos is great however after i besieged Didymoteichon with Kantakouzenos in it and took the city the reunification script didn't work for me and the war went on. Also, i'm not sure if coronations are in but placing my patriarch and emperor in constantinople didn't fire a coronation event. One thing i like as byzantium is that you have to rely on mercenaries a lot, as native units get depleted fast. I'd say that lower unit availability is better for RP reasons.
    I'd suggest for the player to get a message a few turns before the Callipolis event. Maybe a message that says "Ottoman armies have been spotted around Kallipolis we must be careful". Because, although unexpected, I don't see how Ottomans could've crossed so many armies with me controlling western Asia Minor. Maybe if the player controls certain regions (Pegai, Pergamon) he gets the message to notify them of ottoman armies. Another thing is that around turn 20-30 a guy called Crown Prince Oliver spawned. I read his bio and he was supposed to be a Serbian character but he spawned as an Ottoman character. Also, the ottomans tend to put a lot of their armies in the fort south of Eskisiher (sorry for butchering the name), leaving a lot of other places unguarded, maybe removing that fort will improve ottoman army placement. That's it for now, I'll come back if i note any other things.

CTD s on all saves after aplying music pack

Damn. I think its no longer compatible. Will check.

Almost certain that is because there would be references to “shadow_bulgaria” which no longer exists. Music pack needs to be extracted, corrected and re-generated.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Did anyone check the serbian spearmen?
    I think that when u chose bosnia to be catholic the priests stil remain krstjani.
    The mouse pointer abov them brings a text (krstjani).I am not sure that they are able to spread catolicizm but i dont have a way of realy knowing.

Ignore Bosnian religion entirely. It is not done and what you see is a bunch of leftovers. It will be properly done in future patches. To answer your question: yes, when you are Catholic as Bosnia, your priests will spread Catholicism regardless of descriptive tooltip or name.
    Former Campaign Manager

So I haven't encountered many bugs per say, but here are two issues that stand out to me
    Some infantry of much stronger stats are roughly the same price as much weaker units (Navarrese Infantry vs Aragonese Peonese) and in regards to the distribution of the very important "Good Stamina" among foot troops feels somewhat random. Overall in terms of unit types to unit types I think the balancing is quite nice in that Cavalry isn't stupidly OP like many mods.
    The bigger concern for me is that Public Order is very impotent and easy to deal with in the mod, I am presuming this is because of the population/squalor scaling given that many cities start out with very large populations. In my Venice campaign I am having a remarkably easy time holding settlements with little Catholicism far away from Venice, and Crete is in my opinion far too stable and easy to hold on to.

Campaign income, public order and population growth are not balanced. They have simply been set to values that made the campaign reasonably playable. Otherwise you’d have to wait at least a few more months, and I got a feeling nobody would have preferred to wait haha
    Former Campaign Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    So I haven't encountered many bugs per say, but here are two issues that stand out to me
    Some infantry of much stronger stats are roughly the same price as much weaker units (Navarrese Infantry vs Aragonese Peonese) and in regards to the distribution of the very important "Good Stamina" among foot troops feels somewhat random. Overall in terms of unit types to unit types I think the balancing is quite nice in that Cavalry isn't stupidly OP like many mods.
    We use the Real Combat/Real Recruitment stats system. So all unit stats and prices are according to that system. I haven't looked at the units you mentioned. But the stats depend on the type of unit (whether its feudal, early pro, late pro and so on).

But there will always be more balancing to be done and things missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    The bigger concern for me is that Public Order is very impotent and easy to deal with in the mod, I am presuming this is because of the population/squalor scaling given that many cities start out with very large populations. In my Venice campaign I am having a remarkably easy time holding settlements with little Catholicism far away from Venice, and Crete is in my opinion far too stable and easy to hold on to.
    The problem is that you find it easy to manage but the AI still struggles. Venice still gets wiped out due to the fact that the AI can't handle the settlements which are far away and have little Catholicism. We need a system which makes harder for the player but easier for the AI and sadly we haven't found that balance yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    - Sharpened Stakes should be reduced only to elite-type units, right now ALOT of units have this ablity and it gives the player the ability to abuse the damn out of them. Specially since the AI is braindead and charges his cav forth.
    - Some Music overhaul in the future would be nice to add if you could.

I love the historical aspect and the unit models , such a great mod !
    Are you sure a lot of units have this ability? Only certain specific units have that stakes. Perhaps you are playing with Wallachia or Moldova. It's a special feature of those faction that all their archers get the stakes ability to compensate for their lack of heavy units and also for their later era weakness.

Sadly there was a music pack but it seems not be compatible with the latest version of the mod due to the changing of some faction names. This is the same reason why the voices are scrambled.

I have disabled the download for the music pack and the native voice pack until this gets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemaiosVI View Post
    Hi! Great mod! Very impressed. Well done to the team.
    I'm playing a byzantium campaign and here are some things i noted:
    I love the map, it looks beautiful. The units are very balanced (from what i've seen), although i'd say the unit prices are a bit low. The initial war with Kantakouzenos is great however after i besieged Didymoteichon with Kantakouzenos in it and took the city the reunification script didn't work for me and the war went on. Also, i'm not sure if coronations are in but placing my patriarch and emperor in constantinople didn't fire a coronation event. One thing i like as byzantium is that you have to rely on mercenaries a lot, as native units get depleted fast. I'd say that lower unit availability is better for RP reasons.

I'd suggest for the player to get a message a few turns before the Callipolis event. Maybe a message that says "Ottoman armies have been spotted around Kallipolis we must be careful". Because, although unexpected, I don't see how Ottomans could've crossed so many armies with me controlling western Asia Minor. Maybe if the player controls certain regions (Pegai, Pergamon) he gets the message to notify them of ottoman armies. Another thing is that around turn 20-30 a guy called Crown Prince Oliver spawned. I read his bio and he was supposed to be a Serbian character but he spawned as an Ottoman character. Also, the ottomans tend to put a lot of their armies in the fort south of Eskisiher (sorry for butchering the name), leaving a lot of other places unguarded, maybe removing that fort will improve ottoman army placement. That's it for now, I'll come back if i note any other things.
    The reunification script is more complicated than that. You actually need to wipe out the whole enemy faction to get it. We are working on a better version of the script for the next version of the mod where you just need to control certain key settlements (salonika, mystras, didimoteichon, constantinople, adrianople).

Yes coronations are in but may not work 100% as intended.

Lol no idea who that crown prince Oliver is. Need to look into it. Must be some sort of error. Only serbian oliver i could think of is Oliver Grcinic.

Good idea about having a warning message for the Galipoli event. Will be in the next version.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Coronations work but as Romans you need to win the civil war first and only then can your leader be crowned emperor. The requirements are: Kantakouzenoi must have no more than 2 regions while you need at least 15

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Indeed i am playing Wallachia and thats why i noticed all their units use stakes but it makes sense now , especially since Romanians like using sticks even today .

Congratulation for this wonderfull mod. I must say :this mod with TGC are the "must have" for Medieval Total War II. You know it's my first post since 2005 !

I found a bug in my bavarian campaign. In battle, the bavarian leader is invisible only his horse is visible.
    Perhaps since the patch with the Ausburg CTD.

Merry Christmas to you all et Happy New Year.

Thanks for the release!!! It's wonderful and I've had a great time so far

I've found a visual problem with the Tatar Mirza lancers upgrade model, head_05's helmet is too far down in relation to the aventail & face, so the face is halfway above the helmet and majorly clipping.

the whole helmet, face & aventail are grouped together so it's a bit of a headache trying to fix.

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Houston i've a problem. I can't play the mod in full screen. Something with windowed? The default is = 0, i change in windowed = 1 but the same problem appears. Please a solution guys. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE MOD.