Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Sorry can't help but, thanks to your post I now know a little bit about what a fascinating place Požega is

PS, I apologise having already asked anyone had a Albania campaign yet?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; February 21, 2021 at 12:52 AM.

How can Bayezid become heir cuz when Murad become sultan the heir goes to his eldest son but not murad

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

I played Albania a bit, they really have fun starting position, great addition to the mod. But i would wait next patch to begin a campaign with them because there are still some things missing in UI and in building trees. I know that religious unrest is getting reworked for example.

I also got Timurid invasion crash btw.

Anyone who played, can u also share your opinions on difficulty levels, gameplay improvements and how AI expands?

Problem 1:
    I feel that there is a lot of useless buildings, and unrest is imbalanced: even if you disregard religion there is quite a lot of buildings that give big law and order penalties combined together (feudal chain, colonies) and u can only counterract it by prisons and brothels. End result is that AI loses their core cities which shouldnt happen.
    There is simply not much player can do, no building chains to manage high unrest.
    Im not saying all cities should be happy, to the contrary. Happyness in core regions is easy to manage for players, its a no-brainer, but subjugating foreign religion cities, especially those bigger is very annoying. AI has big problems with both. Imho it would enrich gameplay if baseline happyness was lower(yellow face even with lowest taxes) but also if i wasnt forced to exterminate and sack foreign cities to control them. Religious unrest itself is nice approximation of ethno-religious tensions but it shouldnt be the only solution to forcibly convert whole population to your factional religion. It's especially weird in this period when the frontiers of identity were extremely liquified.

Possible solution: An elegant rework of the whole law, order etc system, make building chains interact with each other more.

Problem 2:
    Another problem i find is the inaction of several factions especially in Italy, Florence and Milan often get blocked, Croatia and Hungary dont do much. Trinacria feels totally useless. Eastern factions expand way better, Tatars and Wallachia are agressive and fun to play against.
    I like duchy of Athens as a faction but maybe they should be merged with Trinacria into Aragon to make them more agressive against Neapolitans.

Problem 3:
    Too much money already in the mid game if you build all the right buildings: roads and ports.

Possible solutions: rescaling the costs of the higher tier buildings (though it can punish AI more than the player), introducing more corruption + building chains to combat it, introducing a severe centralisation penalty for the Player, higher wages for generals. Buildings like stone walls, universities and banks could generate upkeep for maintenance.
    As Romans around turn 50 i had already 100k of income. Even reducing it by half gives you enough cash to bribe everyone and build whatever you want.

Problem 4:

Low fertility of family members. I only get new characters through the Man of the Hour. All factions need more characters.

Solution: Bigger family trees at the start or event spawned characters. Possibility for everyone to recruit generals (high upkeep and low replenishment)
    Last edited by Miszel; February 21, 2021 at 03:22 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thanks Miszel!

I think we need to get rid of -religious conversion in the gibbets and some other buildings which the AI builds and then cant handle the unhappiness.

We do have a corruption script that should reduce income if you are making too much money but it must not be working as intended.

For Italy, there are garrison scripts in all of the rebel settlements and that might be impacting the AI too. We can give AI Italian factions more boosts in the next version to assist with their expansion.

For low fertility you could train more princesses and get your family members married. But they need to all get family trees. Which they don't all have. Without family trees they can't get married. We need to take them one faction at a time and add trees. We will add spawned characters and for some factions you can actually train generals.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Theoreticly assimilation tree should have offered significant law bonuses to offset this.
    Is this only before you have built all goverment buildings or also after?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffaroxas View Post
    How can Bayezid become heir cuz when Murad become sultan the heir goes to his eldest son but not murad
    sorry for bad englsih,what i mean is how can bayezid bedoms the heir since in my campaign shen Murad become sultan the heir goes through a general that i adopt not bayezid.[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello guys,

I played a bit in the new release and I love it a lot!

-The map is amazing and I hope no future changes will be done.

I have some questions:

-I played with Albania in a very slow mood and I got the victory in 30 turns, but I could have got in 10 turns....only 8 regions to take over. it is intended?
    Albania has some Russian cav unit at the beginning...
    some units have not a description but this thing I think you know.

-where I can recruit the Arminian units? I tried with Karaman but I was not able to find these units.

-where can I play with Timurids in the custom battle? are they gone also from the campaign? (I checked in the desr_start and they are present but in the custom battle selection they are not)

-The Economy seems balanced in the sense that if I play, I don't sack and I don't destroy buildings and begins to build up and get trade agreements the economy grows slowly.

I got a CTD during a hot seat campaign (in order to reach the late-era) at turn 90... I will upload the logs file soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Theoreticly assimilation tree should have offered significant law bonuses to offset this.
    Is this only before you have built all goverment buildings or also after?
    It takes a lot of time, even if you plunder the city it can be not enough to keep the folks calm and prevent rebelions. If rabble destroys feudal buildings and foreign quartiers then your chances of keeping the city rise. Like i said, for player its managable albeit very very annoing. For AI its a horror, Bosnians lose Doboj to the rebels, Athens lose Neopatria, Naples lose Corfu, Albanians lose Avlonas. Maybe additional 1-3 turn chain for "elite assimilation/priviledges" could be used to offset it. In general though i feel like converting 80% of population in a space of a decade or two shouldnt be possible (but you need to do it, you cannot compromise with the locals if you want to keep the cities). Population replacement/resettling mechanic(big conversion boost but you lose population growth and get even more unrest for few turns) could be nice since Ottomans actively used this strategy historically, but its another script to write, so simpler solutions are needed.

sorry for bad englsih,what i mean is how can bayezid bedoms the heir since in my campaign shen Murad become sultan the heir goes through a general that i adopt not bayezid.[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]
    There should be a Heir Crown anciliary in your Leader or Heir equipment, i think you can drag and drop it to another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Hello guys,

I played a bit in the new release and I love it a lot!

-The map is amazing and I hope no future changes will be done.

I have some questions:

-I played with Albania in a very slow mood and I got the victory in 30 turns, but I could have got in 10 turns....only 8 regions to take over. it is intended?
    Albania has some Russian cav unit at the beginning...
    some units have not a description but this thing I think you know.

-where I can recruit the Arminian units? I tried with Karaman but I was not able to find these units.

-where can I play with Timurids in the custom battle? are they gone also from the campaign? (I checked in the desr_start and they are present but in the custom battle selection they are not)

-The Economy seems balanced in the sense that if I play, I don't sack and I don't destroy buildings and begins to build up and get trade agreements the economy grows slowly.

I got a CTD during a hot seat campaign (in order to reach the late-era) at turn 90... I will upload the logs file soon.
    Hey,

1 - Albania victory condition is very low indeed. So it is for many countries, even in "expansionism tab". I don't think this is a big issue as you can play as long as you want. I never really considered anything a "victory" myself in TW games, i always play them as long as they are fun.

2- I don't think the Armenian units are in yet

3 - There's a limit on how many custom battle nations you can have. It will be changed in the next version (we need only 1 Roman faction). A asked the same question to Jurcek and he replied as such and now it works
    Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    I think there is a limit to have many factions can appear in custom battles. I edited descr_sm_factions and removed kantakouzenoi,now timurids are showing. Just change custom_batttles_availability to no

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Hey,

1 - Albania victory condition is very low indeed. So it is for many countries, even in "expansionism tab". I don't think this is a big issue as you can play as long as you want. I never really considered anything a "victory" myself in TW games, i always play them as long as they are fun.

2- I don't think the Armenian units are in yet

3 - There's a limit on how many custom battle nations you can have. It will be changed in the next version (we need only 1 Roman faction). A asked the same question to Jurcek and he replied as such and now it works

Thanks Anubis, I fixed that

as I mentioned before I got this CTD...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6crpu4...s.log.txt/file
    Last edited by Julio85; February 21, 2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    It takes a lot of time, even if you plunder the city it can be not enough to keep the folks calm and prevent rebelions. If rabble destroys feudal buildings and foreign quartiers then your chances of keeping the city rise. Like i said, for player its managable albeit very very annoing. For AI its a horror, Bosnians lose Doboj to the rebels, Athens lose Neopatria, Naples lose Corfu, Albanians lose Avlonas. Maybe additional 1-3 turn chain for "elite assimilation/priviledges" could be used to offset it. In general though i feel like converting 80% of population in a space of a decade or two shouldnt be possible (but you need to do it, you cannot compromise with the locals if you want to keep the cities). Population replacement/resettling mechanic(big conversion boost but you lose population growth and get even more unrest for few turns) could be nice since Ottomans actively used this strategy historically, but its another script to write, so simpler solutions are needed.

There should be a Heir Crown anciliary in your Leader or Heir equipment, i think you can drag and drop it to another character.
    Thanks i'll try that btw any tips/guide defeating Timurids as the ottomans ?

Thanks i'll try that btw any tips/guide defeating Timurids as the ottomans ?
    You can't. Timur wins But seriously, you have to be very smart in how you defeat his army. Try to bunker down in well protected cities, try to attack their armies when they are not together, fight from the high ground...

that said, there is probably a bug currently in the year 1390 that won't allow you to even reach the Timurids unfortunately. It's being worked on

how do i instal the music pack?
    here it says copy music files into data folder before u instal the mod,LOL
    What data folder?main game?

Is this a new music pack or can i use the old one?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Against Timurids garrison your towns and forts with lots of infantry and archers, artillery too or defend river crossings or bridges. Unlike you they wont be able to replace their looses so you just need to sell your troops as expensive as possible,

Crash while playing as Austria at turn 91, the crash happens while on Milan´s turn. Reverted to an old save 4 turns before this but the crash still happens in the same turn. This is from a new game using the 1.4 update.

Here is my log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ua8qrg...s.log.rar/file

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Against Timurids garrison your towns and forts with lots of infantry and archers, artillery too or defend river crossings or bridges. Unlike you they wont be able to replace their looses so you just need to sell your troops as expensive as possible,
    Im not sure cuz this AI knows to sige u with 4 armies.At least at crusades.
    They took constantinopolis in 1 turn.Iwould have sold my units expensier if i vas at a field.
    BTW Constantinopolis has only one wall ring.

I vas ottoman and i used the best lancer cav i had and as many army i had and i beaten the timurids on the open field.
    Even with those super armies i had crazy loses every time.

Its probably timurids. I had a crash at 92 but i think it was Karamans turn.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

this building is bugged when playing florence. i can click on it but iff i want to back out my game freezes. have to reboot my pc after that. is that the same for other factions?[IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

I aplied the music pack and now there is no music at all.