Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

I have not had the pleasure yet
    Either stay in a fortress or ambush them, field battles need avoiding

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    My Byzantine field armies are getting trashed by those Timurids on open field battles. How are you guys dealing with them?
    Massive turkish heavy cav.
    I only encountered them with ottomans and in my experiences infantry is usles.Even if uhave a fullstock of jannycaris.
    Try copying their armie.I used merc rocketlauncher,turkish archer cavlary and hevy cav,fev helbadire units help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    My Byzantine field armies are getting trashed by those Timurids on open field battles. How are you guys dealing with them?
    Don't know if Byzantines have the privilege but Moldovian stakes keep them away

I scored the DL link when it came out a month ago, but only had the time over the last week to play it. Some thoughts so far:
    1. I love the campaign map look and textures - the minimap looks stunning, the campaign map is full of life and easy on the eye. Love the custom settlement sprites on main map.
    2. Im running Mac OSX and steam - works fine for me, only crashed on end turns roughly every 90 mins or so, but all the good mods do that for me - SSHIP, EB, DAC, BC:B&S etc. Just save regularly and before battles and you will be sweet.
    3. Unit textures and variety is 10/10, lots of care and thought put into it!
    4. Overall just love the flow of the mod - Would love if this style and thought could go into all of the 'theatre' style mods. I mean you have Broken crescent for the Middle east, Battle for the baltics sub mod for SS for the baltic region. If you could take the style and improvements from this mod and add it to Hispania in the Middle Ages and the 100 years war mod that would be so cool - but a pipedream im sure.
    5. Love the settlement battle map re-textures - breathes new life into the game

Negatives
    It seems like a few people have reported it already but the plague is very annoying - it killed off the Romans/Byzantines, Venice and Milan in the first 20 turns for my Florence campaign. Im sure you have noted. Also the hungarian archer unit causes a crash on my version too. Overall looking forward to the next release!

Bring on Alabania!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you for all your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by henryVI View Post
    It seems like a few people have reported it already but the plague is very annoying - it killed off the Romans/Byzantines, Venice and Milan in the first 20 turns for my Florence campaign. Im sure you have noted. Also the hungarian archer unit causes a crash on my version too. Overall looking forward to the next release!
    As I have mentioned on the previous page and several times before, the factions dieing off has nothing to do with the plague, this was an issue way before we implemented the plague. It has to do with the Teutonic family trees used by some factions which will be removed in the next version as well as the really high populations of their capitals which lead to huge rebellions.

saneel's Avatar Senator

Or you can just remove the plague or give those huge cities just big law bonuses so that rebellions dont happen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Or you can just remove the plague or give those huge cities just big law bonuses so that rebellions dont happen anymore.
    The next version will have a yes/no option for the plague but this won't hep with the factions dieing off. If we don't fix the Teutonic family trees the factions will keep dieing off no matter what we do.

Also, the Roman Empire dies off sometimes when its shadow factions dies. So if the Kantakouzenos get defeated both factions end up dieing. This sometimes happens with Hungary and with Serbia if their shadow factions are defeated. We have not managed to fix this and this will not be fixed in the version.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i think the problem is a hardcoded me2tw mechanic in the background, regarding the familymembers and the amount of settlements. there are to many characters for to few settlements.
    in my observation the ratio is about 1 region :1,5 familymembers.

this means, if a faction has 10 regions, the game allows children and adoptions unitl around 15 familymembers are alive. most factions start of with more FM than regions and this leads into crippled familytree´s, because the game won´t allow new children in the existing familytrees.

edit:
    don´t use teutonic familytree´s
    they are somehow bugged in me2tw and cause more problems than benefits
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 08, 2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    The next version will have a yes/no option for the plague but this won't hep with the factions dieing off. If we don't fix the Teutonic family trees the factions will keep dieing off no matter what we do.

Also, the Roman Empire dies off sometimes when its shadow factions dies. So if the Kantakouzenos get defeated both factions end up dieing. This sometimes happens with Hungary and with Serbia if their shadow factions are defeated. We have not managed to fix this and this will not be fixed in the version.
    This is like the 10th time u have to explain that.
    BTW i couldnt continue my austrian capagne cuz of the war with hungary and tghe crashing crosbow unit

I completed bosnia,hungary,ottoman,played croatia til i got bored.
    It vas all great.Now im returning to bizant turn 19 with those 3 spam ottoman armies and i will try to beat that campagne.
    Last will be an ialian faction campagne.I think it is wery impresive that there is only one crashing unit that killed one single campagne for me.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    edit:
    don´t use teutonic familytree´s
    they are somehow bugged in me2tw and cause more problems than benefits
    Yeap, we found out that the Teutonic family trees are completely bugged. EB2 had the same issues that we had with factions dieing for no reason until they got rid of the Teutonic trees.

OK i finished romans jesterday.The only bug is that the game crashes after i go right click on that feudal mustering building or whatever the name is and then right click on those Dy??? noble cavlary unit-the most advanced of those 3 cav units romans can recruit via feudal building system.

Same hapens for venice when i click on the segnore officer unit.

Great work so far guys, I'm really happy this finally came out!

So far the only bug I've noticed is the hungarian crossbowman crash, I'm assuming thats what it is, I get crashes when fighting Hungary.

I'm sure this will be fixed by the next update but is there a temporary fix for this like for those spearman crashes?

No, sadly there is no temporary fix. But we should have the new version very soon. But it will not be savegame compatible.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

go to data/unit_models and open battle_models.modeldb with notepad++ and change these 2 entries. Just replace the existing entries with these (savegame compatible):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

21 hungarian_crossbowmen
    1 3
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug0_lod0.mesh 121
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug0_lod1.mesh 1200
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug0_lod2.mesh 6400
    7 hungary
    65 unit_models/_units/hungary/textures/hungarian_crossbowmen.texture
    72 unit_models/_units/hungary/textures/hungarian_crossbowmen_normal.texture
    53 unit_sprites/hungary_hungarian_crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    14 shadow_hungary
    5 slave
    7 hungary
    65 unit_models/_units/hungary/attachments/hungarian_xbow_att.texture
    68 unit_models/_units/hungary/attachments/hungarian_xbow_normal.texture 0
    14 shadow_hungary
    5 slave
    4 None
    18 MTW2_Fast_Crossbow 30 MTW2_Fast_Non_Shield_Swordsman
    21 MTW2_Crossbow_Primary
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    25 hungarian_crossbowmen_ug1
    1 3
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug1_lod0.mesh 121
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug1_lod1.mesh 1200
    55 unit_models/_units/hungary/hungarian_xbow_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400
    7 hungary
    57 unit_sprites/hungary_hungarian_crossbowmen_ug1_sprite.spr
    14 shadow_hungary
    5 slave
    7 hungary
    14 shadow_hungary
    5 slave
    4 None
    18 MTW2_Fast_Crossbow 30 MTW2_Fast_Non_Shield_Swordsman
    21 MTW2_Crossbow_Primary
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    Last edited by jurcek1987; February 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Guys,

On the EDB:

(I)
    according to the tests made last year, this coding of the number of trade fleets should not work:

Code:
    building hinterland_landmarks_economy{
        levels unique_ragusas_port
        {
            unique_ragusas_port requires factions { } and hidden_resource non-existent
            {
                capability
                {
                    trade_fleet 5
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 5
                }
                material stone
                construction  1 
                cost  0 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    We may have made a wrong conclusion though. Have you seen more than 3 trade fleets? And perhaps any instance of adding them to a building? (in the light of the tests, they're hardcoded to the ports).
    If it'd be possible then it'd be a great news.

(II)
    I'm not sure if the building doesn't limit the recruitment of priest to less than 50% of the faithful?
    I understand that the less the faithful in the province, the higher the happiness?
    Code:
    building temple_krstjani{
        convert_to temple_krstjani_castle
        religion krstjani
        levels krstjani_field krstjani_cemetery
        {
            krstjani_field city requires factions { bosnia, } and event_counter krstjani_bosnia 1 and building_present_min_level hungary_settlement_policy hungary_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level croatia_settlement_policy croatia_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level bosnia_settlement_policy bosnia_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level ragusa_settlement_policy ragusa_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level serbia_settlement_policy serbia_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level albania_settlement_policy albania_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level bulgaria_settlement_policy bulgaria_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level romania_settlement_policy romania_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level tatars_settlement_policy tatars_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level byzantine_settlement_policy byzantine_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level athens_settlement_policy athens_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level rhodes_settlement_policy rhodes_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level turkish_settlement_policy turkish_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level venice_settlement_policy venice_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level milan_settlement_policy milan_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level genoa_settlement_policy genoa_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level florence_settlement_policy florence_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level papal_settlement_policy papal_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level naples_settlement_policy naples_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level trinacria_settlement_policy trinacria_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level austria_settlement_policy austria_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level bavaria_settlement_policy bavaria_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level swiss_settlement_policy swiss_autonomy1 or building_present_min_level timurids_settlement_policy timurids_autonomy1  
            {
                convert_to 0
                capability
                {
                    agent priest  0  requires factions { bosnia, } and not region_religion krstjani 50
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires region_religion krstjani 70                                           ; more than 70%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires region_religion krstjani 60 and not region_religion krstjani 70    ; 60% ~ 70%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 3 requires region_religion krstjani 50 and not region_religion krstjani 60    ; 50% ~ 60%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 4 requires region_religion krstjani 40 and not region_religion krstjani 50    ; 40% ~ 50%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 5 requires region_religion krstjani 30 and not region_religion krstjani 40    ; 30% ~ 40%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 6 requires region_religion krstjani 20 and not region_religion krstjani 30    ; 20% ~ 30%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 7 requires region_religion krstjani 10 and not region_religion krstjani 20    ; 10% ~ 20%
                    happiness_bonus bonus 8 requires region_religion krstjani 0 and not region_religion krstjani 10     ; less than 10%
                    ;religion_level bonus 1
                    agent_limit priest 1
                }
    (III)
    Besides, can you tell me what's the difference between
    amplify_religion_level 1
    and
    religion_level bonus 1

The first one is not used in the SSHIP so I wonder if there're other possibilities for coding?

cheers
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hello i'm playing Milan and on turn 86 to 87 I keep crashing during The Golden Horde turn..

Idk what is the issue, had no crashes before.

this is the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JG-Jtp_HbMfecW0WKcLEe_Q9kzGijA66/view?usp=sharing

Also the auto resolve is way off in my experience - i never win when its 1:1 odds and i once lost 500 men in a fight vs 3 archer units and i had like a thousand units with knights.
    Last edited by Vidovit; February 16, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Which difficulty?

Your mod is one of the best I've ever played. Thank you, mod team, for your great work!
    I'm in Florence campaign right now and no critical crashes so far. But there is one bug that annoys. When you right-click buildings for information and units you can produce there (or open a building browser and do it there), game can crash or UI glitches (buttons disappear, some wierd stuff on the screen) and then crashes. Haven't met this bug since forever!)) I tried to reproduce it on different versions of the game (Steam and usual one, with different languages) and it happens everywhere. Is it me doing something wrong or is it possible to fix it?
    Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven.

Thank you. Yes sadly that is a known issue and quite common. We have no idea how to fix it and this actually did not happen until a couple of versions ago. It's probably an issue with building or unit info cards but can't locate which ones as they vary.

Hello there!
    I tried to play the mod. So far, so good, until I needed to play a battle. Literally, the mouse did not applied to the unit I wanted, but to a random spot. It was impossible to control your units.
    I think, maybe I should reset the graphics. So I tried to change the resolution, but instantly the game appeared in a window and not full-screen. And the mouse cursor, yet again does not match the point that I see it, but to a different one, almost as if it runs on different resolution than the game window. And this happens always after I apply new graphics settings.
    Any ideas?