Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

I think I have found another "collateral effect" of the Black Plague: playing with Florence and Aynid emirate campaings at the first ten turns, more or less, the factions of Genoa, Venice and Saint John are fastly destroyed. So having in mind the many rebel sentlements around them and the lack of powerful enemy armies around their cities the only reasonable explanation for this curious case is that the Black Plague kills all their generals leaving the factions without heirs and so inevitably they are destroyed. I understand that this one of the great assets of the game, the bubonic plague strike, however I find also odd how fast dissapear these factions at the begining of the game leaving a huge feeling of emptiness in the campaing. So I think a good and easy solution would be give them more generals at the start of the campaing just as Florence, so the possibilities of dissapear so fast for lack of heirs would reduce considerably.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; January 17, 2021 at 05:22 AM.

I suggest removing tunis from the crusade targets as the AI is completely unable to use boats. Also maybe this one was only my problem, but is there a way to prevent the never ending cycle of crusade and counter jihad on smyrna? The only way seems to be capturing smyrna yourself, but then the AI calls for tunis

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

No, that is not the problem. The factions died off even before we imemented the black plague. Its a very old thing.

The issue is with the Teutonic family tree and the big populations of some settlements which cause rebellions and wipe out the factions.

A good example is Ragusa, they are a small 2 settlement faction with few generals but don't get wiped out. And that is because they don't have happiness problems causing rebellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    No, that is not the problem. The factions died off even before we imemented the black plague. Its a very old thing.

The issue is with the Teutonic family tree and the big populations of some settlements which cause rebellions and wipe out the factions.

A good example is Ragusa, they are a small 2 settlement faction with few generals but don't get wiped out. And that is because they don't have happiness problems causing rebellions.
    Maybe it could be implemented somekind of script to deal with this problem? For example, an event by which these factions would implement "police operations" against the unhappy population, like the way the Florentines dealt with the Ciompi rebels or the Venetians time to time with their own mercenaries.

There could be also the option for these factions, and other Italians, to expel this rebel elements from their cities, like historically took place frecuently in the inner wars between Güelphs and Ghibellines, becoming them in rebel armies which would be marauding the surroundings of their native cities.

Of course, this will affect negatively their population numbers, like the Black Plague, but at least they will survive for more time in the campaing.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; January 17, 2021 at 06:04 AM.

Yes, we have some solutions planned for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes, we have some solutions planned for the next version.
    Great!

I think that there is something wrong with those hungarian crosbowmen who have helbadires on their back!
    Cav charged my crosbowmen so i press alt and attacked the cav before they hit me and then instant screen frez foloving a CTD.
    Alsov you should check wallachian bowmen with those weapons.Wallachia vs. Hungary crashes to much!

yup i confirmed it in the custom battles
    the hungarian crosbowmen crushes the game whenever entering mele fighting.

Ernst von Jacob's Avatar Tiro

I have CTD everytime with Byzantine empire at turn year 1404

http://prntscr.com/xhvloa

Please post the log. Just telling us you have a ctd won't help in itself.

Ernst von Jacob's Avatar Tiro

https://easyupload.io/8ulyr2

I hope this is the one you talk about.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Hmmm what if you simulated the Plague by removing city populations through events and scripts instead of plagues so certain factions don't die off as fast?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

As mentioned before the faction deaths have nothing to do with the plague, it was an issue way before we had the plague implemented. This issue is due to the teutonic family trees and huge populations in the north italian cities.

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    yup i confirmed it in the custom battles
    the hungarian crosbowmen crushes the game whenever entering mele fighting.
    I've changed the hungarian crossbowmen to the ug1 model for the moment. There seems to be no crashes.
    Last edited by crosscheck86; January 25, 2021 at 03:22 AM.

The unit crashes are all fixed for the next version.

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Great and thanks for your effort guys! Awating the new stuff!

Were it mostly the Hungarian units? I was on my quest to make Romania as Wallachia and fighting the Hungarians just crashes most battles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wagh View Post
    Were it mostly the Hungarian units? I was on my quest to make Romania as Wallachia and fighting the Hungarians just crashes most battles
    The Hungarian crossbowmen has a crash related to an animation. So if those hungarian armies had crossbowmen then yes you would get ctds.

I dont get CTTDs now im not using those croabowmen nut i forced wallachia to be my vassal.
    I dont have battles with them but they alsow semed unstabile to me.
    Try a few custom battles with wallachia.Use those boweman who have halbedires or whatever that unusual secondery arm actualy is!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

My Byzantine field armies are getting trashed by those Timurids on open field battles. How are you guys dealing with them?