Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Yeah there is a typo in descr_walls.txt. You can fix it manually, open data/descr_walls and delete this bracket.

}
    }
    }
    }

wall
    {
    level 3
    siege_tower_size medium

fantastic, thanks! save game compatible?

also, can i please please please as you guys to change the background of Byzantine units icons? that yellow brick wall, or whatever it was meant to be, makes for very poor visibility. very difficult to distinguish between units at glance. hurts my eyes

Not sure if save-game compatible. It should be, at least in theory but make a backup first just in case.

Well all units use the same background, it's located in data/menu/unit_card.tga. You can easily replace it with a texture from some other mod that you like, or if you delete it, the vanilla background wil be used

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Not sure if save-game compatible. It should be, at least in theory but make a backup first just in case.

Well all units use the same background, it's located in data/menu/unit_card.tga. You can easily replace it with a texture from some other mod that you like, or if you delete it, the vanilla background wil be used
    will give it a try thanks, though i dont mind other factions icon backgrounds. i think they may be using the brighter parts/shades of this background, whereas Byzantines have the darkest section? thanks anyway.

EDIT: gave it a quick check, it appears that Venice for example has a plain unit icon background, with no patterns at all, just plain dark which is much easier on the eyes. will try and delete that .tga and see what will change.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; May 09, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

after giving it another go, it appears that its only the Byzantines that have that dark patterned unit icon backgrounds. other factions i checked have plain backgrounds that massively improves visibility.

I've deleted the .tga file in data/menu/unit_card.tga, however, that makes no difference whatsoever. what am i doing wrong here? thanks

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    ah that makes sense, I helped them too
    I could not get passed this crash, unless I went back to before gifting Hadrianoupolis (helping the Ottomans)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    after giving it another go, it appears that its only the Byzantines that have that dark patterned unit icon backgrounds. other factions i checked have plain backgrounds that massively improves visibility.

I've deleted the .tga file in data/menu/unit_card.tga, however, that makes no difference whatsoever. what am i doing wrong here? thanks
    Ok I had a check, I think that .tga is only for the custom battles unit selection screen. Each culture has its own UI for strat and for battle maps which also includes backgrounds for the unit cards. Indeed the Byzantines appear to be the only ones that have that yellow brick background. To change it, you'd have to edit sharedpage_01.tga and battlepage_01.tga in data/ui/greek/interface. You'd simply need to replace the 2 icons on the bottom with the ones from some other culture.

Ok I had a check, I think that .tga is only for the custom battles unit selection screen. Each culture has its own UI for strat and for battle maps which also includes backgrounds for the unit cards. Indeed the Byzantines appear to be the only ones that have that yellow brick background. To change it, you'd have to edit sharedpage_01.tga and battlepage_01.tga in data/ui/greek/interface. You'd simply need to replace the 2 icons on the bottom with the ones from some other culture.
    to replace those 2 icons, can i just crop-copy-paste-save in Photoshop? current Byzantine icon isnt very well designed either functionally or aesthetically imho. hope you guys consider updating them. thanks!

Yeah Photoshop will do. And then save it as .tga, overwriting the old texture.

You mean the Byzantine background isn't well designed, or the Byzantine unit icons?

Yeah Photoshop will do. And then save it as .tga, overwriting the old texture.

You mean the Byzantine background isn't well designed, or the Byzantine unit icons?
    no, i just meant their unique background. thank you

Civis

Hi,

I have an issue as well, no CTD, but something similar: "M2 has encounter an issue...". Please have the log, playing with Wallachia.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "A people with no history is a people with no future" - Nicolae Iorga

Is there a way to solve factions without a army or provinces continuing to exist as if nothing happened?

Quote Originally Posted by predadan79 View Post
    Hi,

I have an issue as well, no CTD, but something similar: "M2 has encounter an issue...". Please have the log, playing with Wallachia.
    Is it recurrent, can you continue playing after realoding?

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Questions View Post
    Is there a way to solve factions without a army or provinces continuing to exist as if nothing happened?
    That shouldn't happen, which factions?

Civis

Hi, I think turn is 75. Republic of Genoa caused it. It is recurrent, I've tried tens of times...
    "A people with no history is a people with no future" - Nicolae Iorga

Im playing for the firts time this mod, and so far so good only noticed two bugs, the first was a bug on a defending siege for some reason the whole map was covered by water and my army instantly dies execpt the enemy´s army even they were under water as well. I managed to avoid this by just repleing the enemy army with an outside army and never seen that bug again. The second is more complicated, the pope election screen always crash independently of eich nation i vote. Its though because giveing context, im playing with naples and already control all the way up to the borders off venice and milan, and with that the pope was reduced to just an army and when finished them by killing the pope too, the next turn happens the pope election and independently of witch nation i vote the game crashes. And instead of the first bug this one i dont know how to get over it.

Try typing kill_faction switzerland in the console and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by predadan79 View Post
    Hi, I think turn is 75. Republic of Genoa caused it. It is recurrent, I've tried tens of times...
    Can you toggle_fow, enable follow AI movement and report what happens during Genoa's turn

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have sent the symbasileos to Mystra with the intention that he becomes the Despote. Only that does not seem to be the result of his prolonged residents. The Palaiologoi seem to have issues with having issues

For the Despot of Morea title, your faction needs to control the following titles:

Kephale of Corinth
    Kephale of Patras
    Kephale of Andravida
    Kephale of Methoni (Modon)

Basically the entire Peloponnese. Then spend 1 turn in Mystras (not faction leader)
    Last edited by jurcek1987; May 23, 2021 at 08:28 AM.

Icon4 Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Im in a campaing with naples and so far i noticed two bugs. The first was a bug when im going to defend a siegewith my garrison on a battle, and for some reason the map is filled by water like it happened a tsunami and all my garrison troops instantly died because being under the water and the enemy who was also under water didnt died oddly. I mannaged to escape that bug by jsut repleling the enemy siege with my principal army. The second bug was a bit more hoffle, ive been conquering all the way up to the alpes, i taked all of the pope´s land, and some time killing the pope and on the next turn happens the election. But one time when the pope just have a small army, he seiged on of my cities, and i obviously repeled destroying his entire army and on the next turn happens the pope election, and for some reason all de options i chosse, either my cardinals or other cardinal´s nations the game just crashes. Ive been stuck with that for quite a while but a managed to give the pope one city so they can chill out. But without that the mod is one my favorites so far