Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Good evening from Greece! Because i have again a problem with not full screen game, please tell me everyone here, how can i see my desktop resolution? Because that its needed to use in the game. Thanks again!

In my Byzantine campaign i was having generals offered to me all the time.
    Yes, but they become part of the family tree as well.
    The emerging heroes are also quite hard to become faction leaders if they're supposed to (like Mircea for Wallachia), since heirs can't be chosen. Widening the family tree with adoptions makes it nigh impossible to achieve.

Icon12 Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210101_180005.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	588.6 KB 
ID:	363287
    I have a fantastic silversurfer serbian spearmen in my Bosnian army

As Bulgaria I've captured Constantinople, got a crusade called on me so I build the cannon towers, but they dont work on the campaign map, I still get only ballista towers hitting with ballista shots. Also despite the fact that I had the highest level of armory in Tarnovo I could not get the armors to upgrade my Elite Halbadier Guardsmen and Elite Boyar Units

Im playing croatia and i have a battle that i play vs hungary and it crashes.3 time in a row.The crash ocurs sometimes when i doubleclick on a battalion on the map do zoom the camera closer.

i keep receiving ramdom crashes during the campaing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Another one and this don´t let me continue with the campaing, it occurs in no specific turn so

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I would suggest installing 4GB patch. I have had so far no crashes.

After applying your patch the game keep crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post

Are you sure a lot of units have this ability? Only certain specific units have that stakes. Perhaps you are playing with Wallachia or Moldova. It's a special feature of those faction that all their archers get the stakes ability to compensate for their lack of heavy units and also for their later era weakness.
    Serbian bowmen can place stakes. This helped me a great deal in siege defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    It sad bc i really want continue my campaing

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Will see if jurcek can pinpoint any specific issue in your logs. It's weird because i get no massive ctds other than the ones that have already been fixed or just the odd ones (like the ones with the building cards). There must be some sort of clash in your files/computer.

Also i can ask if this issue can be occasioned by a pirate copy or a version mismatch?
    It sad bc i really want continue my campaing

Since it is a weird and recurrent issue you are having, and since I am pretty sure piracy is against the forum rules, you should buy an original game and see if the crashes go away. It's no guarantee it would work, but without the original game version to which the mod was designed, we won't go looking for a solution to your illegal copy, no matter how many times you post it, sorry.

If I were you, I'd take the opportunity of buying it on Steam, since it's on sale 75% off for the next 47 hours (at least in my region).
    Last edited by kanteljic; January 03, 2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Quote Originally Posted by kanteljic View Post
    Since it is a weird and recurrent issue you are having, and since I am pretty sure piracy is against the forum rules, you should buy an original game and see if the crashes go away. It's no guarantee it would work, but without the original game version to which the mod was designed, we won't go looking for a solution to your illegal copy, no matter how many times you post it, sorry.

If I were you, I'd take the opportunity of buying it on Steam, since it's on sale 75% off for the next 47 hours (at least in my region).
    @kanteljic
    I am not using an illegal copy, just for be sure i verify the cache integrity of the game in steam and to be clear, the FIRST issue posted 25/12/2020, was resolved the nvidia confing was overlaying my medieval 2 config and the nvidia panel was modifiying the resolution of the game (me with a 1600x900 monitor and the nvidia panel with a resolution config of 1920x1080) and i AWARE that the 4GB HURT the pirate copies, don´t worry i am NOT a pirate, i asked that bc i have erased a pirated med 2 and i not sure if some files still are there, now i own a legit version thats so I ask, if any of the old files were screwing up my game, but apparently not

If I were a pirate I wouldn't even bother to comment before the mod came out
    Last edited by rafa123; January 03, 2021 at 01:52 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I would suggest a fully clean install. Make sure you have removed any traces of the pirate copy, make sure you have a clean install of Medieval 2 Kingdoms and download the mod from the link again (it's been updated on Christmas day with a few bugfixes) and reinstall. Hopefully that would fix some of the crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    I would suggest a fully clean install. Make sure you have removed any traces of the pirate copy, make sure you have a clean install of Medieval 2 Kingdoms and download the mod from the link again (it's been updated on Christmas day with a few bugfixes) and reinstall. Hopefully that would fix some of the crashes.
    Alright i have cheked already for the files, i try to play it now, and i can ask if the log file dont say nothing?

Edit: Now the crash is specific
    Playing as the Republic of Ragusa, turn: 197 when passing to 198, when I give in ending turn everything goes great until it is the turn of the Swiss confederation, before that I have a Austrian princess trying to do diplomacy with a castle of my faction
    Last edited by rafa123; January 03, 2021 at 02:54 PM.

Hi everyone!

Here's a couple of (possible) bug reports after launching a Croatian campaign and some testing with Hungary:
    - Horse mill doesn't provide population growth neither in castles nor towns (Croatia) according to settlement details, which usually denote future benefits of buildings under construction.
    - Port in Split (town) doesn't provide population growth according to settlement details, does that for Knin (castle) and usually does that in vanilla M2TW.
    - Venetians speak using Mongol voice lines.
    - When starting a short campaign, the player gets a message warning of imminent defeat due to the Swiss and Sicily being close to reaching their victory conditions (Maybe the victory conditions for those factions could be amended?).
    - Hardcore Gameplay script not working? I tried moving my general in Croatia and Hungary campaigns out of faction owned borders (with Hungary to an Austrian and Croatia to a rebel region) with 5-10 units, and in the next turn I didn't notice any change in my treasury different to the Finances calculation from the previous turn. Moving the troops in and out of my borders during my turn didn't seem to change the Finances calculation at all. What does 500 florins per "troop" mean? 500 florins per unit? This could be cleared up in the pop-up description on the first turn of the campaign.

A suggestion of mine would be to use the "(X/10)" format for diplomatic values instead of "(X.Y)" so the players would have a better image of those values, but that might be just my impression.

If some of these aren't bugs or something outside the mod might be causing it, feel free to clear it up. I'm running a legal copy of M2TW Kingdoms (retail) with 4G patch applied.

If I'll bump into something else, I'll let you know.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

All those crashes reported seem to be caused by the battleAI. Nothing I can help with that, none of the battle AI's are 100% reliable but any crashes, while annoying, should be only occasional and you should be able to continue playing after reloading

Quote Originally Posted by sklvboris View Post
    As Bulgaria I've captured Constantinople, got a crusade called on me so I build the cannon towers, but they dont work on the campaign map, I still get only ballista towers hitting with ballista shots. Also despite the fact that I had the highest level of armory in Tarnovo I could not get the armors to upgrade my Elite Halbadier Guardsmen and Elite Boyar Units
    Thank you, fixed. As for the armour upgrades, you'll get notified when they unlock via events. Boyars like all plate untits get their first upgrade in 1370s (churburg event) while the Guardsmen upgrades are 15th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Serbian bowmen can place stakes. This helped me a great deal in siege defenses.
    Yeah but that's basically cheating

This mod was made in a retail or in a steam version?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

There is no difference. You just need kingdoms 1.5 patch