Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1843585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1613

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Please excuse me, I know I have asked before
    What is name of "real name' of Golden Horde for a hotseat campaign. I was informed it was Tartars but thus does not seem to work?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

tatars

During a siege as the bohemians against a hungarian citadel in croacia with his king, the screen turns green and red after fighting vs banderium. I had to restart the battle. What causes that?

Hello guys,

I have an issue with the game and any help would be greatly appreciated

I play v2.2 as Serbia and my game crashes every time with ''UH OH...'' message on turn 81, just when the rebel faction makes their move
    I installed 4GB patch and it did not help. It is so frustrating because I can not play my campaign.

PS I am not using steam,

Thank you.

played two huge campaigns, one with albania, another with Trinacria, Albania with 1000 turns and the other one around 700
    Albania its so hard, units are bad, must rely all on mercenaries, Trinacria is more fun, more units and powerful.
    For me problems are: Ottomans in both campaigns start really good but when timurids happen, they are dead, they lose everything in europe within some years.
    Wagons are no brain, i quit them from the files, nonsense.
    The other problem is Golden Horde they become soooo powerful, they are able to kill everybody, ottomans, Bavaria, Hungary...i have to use bribes to keep the game enjoyable
    The game is so good, the late game obvious is not balanced but i really think the tatars units are extremely op and wagons should dissapear

The units are balanced better in the 1448 campaign. Wagons nerfed so one halberd unit can defeat the wagons. Personally I do not like the wagon unit since it just sits on the back and you kill it last. But it s substancially worse in the new campaign. The mentioned Tatar units are nerfed, The Bey horse archers were a problem, they got nerfed and so did most horse archers and foot archers that had AP attacks in all of the game. Not sure when they are going to add new buff and nerfs for the units in 1345 campaing, but it is in the new one.

As for Albania, it did get a bunch of new units that are good, so you won t have to rely on mercenaries.

well its the other extreme to make the wagon fort easy defetable
    i hope it will have some extra feature so it can give some special function to the gameplay.
    can the wagon fort at least fire whille you put an unit inbetven those forts' do the gunners damage your own unit?

Well it is bad by design. Not interesting, cannot move and does not create any strategy on the battlefield whatsoever. It s better weaker than overpowered.

i find it interesting when u can build a circle or a crescent and put unit inside.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iLl6EAYDy8&t=474s
    like here

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MacaLaki20 View Post
    Hello guys,

I have an issue with the game and any help would be greatly appreciated

I play v2.2 as Serbia and my game crashes every time with ''UH OH...'' message on turn 81, just when the rebel faction makes their move
    I installed 4GB patch and it did not help. It is so frustrating because I can not play my campaign.

PS I am not using steam,

Thank you.
    this sounds like the Papacy crash. Is the Papal state still alive? Or is it about to die? can you do toggle_fow before the crash and see what happens? If the Papacy is about to die you need to prevent it, kill off the faction that is going to destroy the Papacy using the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    this sounds like the Papacy crash. Is the Papal state still alive? Or is it about to die? can you do toggle_fow before the crash and see what happens? If the Papacy is about to die you need to prevent it, kill off the faction that is going to destroy the Papacy using the console.
    Wow, I just did toggle_fow and yes, the Papacy faction is already destroyed at turn 81! Venice controls Rome, Perugia and all of the other Papal cities. Unfortunately I can not fix the problem since my oldest load game backup is from turn 76, and the Papacy is already destroyed at that turn as well... But I can always start a new campaign, so it is good to know what causes the crash.

So you mean I should use cheats to kill the faction that attacks the Papacy? Which cheats can I use in this case? I wasn't even aware that there is a cheat that destroys the whole faction!

Anyway, thanks a lot man, thanks to you I can hopefully keep playing this awesome mod! I agree with the other lads that Tsardoms is the best M2TW mod by far, followed by Third Age and Third Age DaC. You guys did and amazing job and I am looking forward for future versions if you decide to make them hahaha

Hey wallachian, i have heard of you mention this papacy issue since last year from time to time and I was curious about something and Ive been meaning to ask you. My favorite TW mods in general is Tsardoms yes and also Italian Wars mod by Neadal which was mostly what I played a lot before your Tsardoms mod was released. Have you ever played it? it's very nice. What is interesting about his mod is that he has made it possible to play the Papal states and the Borgia which was pretty cool since they played a fundamental role in the period. and also from what i remember his mod doesnt crash when the papacy gets killed. So this is what I have been meaning to ask you just in case you know, how is it possible that in one mod you dont crash and its possible to play the papal states but yours works a lot like vanilla and you crash and you cant play the papal states either?

The Papal States crash is due to an error in our mod files (it's due to a wrong name). So it is specific to Tsardoms and wouldn't exist in other mods.

There is a hotfix for it but requires a new campaign to be started: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1um3...6EXQMFKqn/view Just overwrite the data file

The Papal States can easily be made playable but then we wouldn't have a Pope or any Papal mechanics or elections or cardinals or excommunications. It would just be another regular faction like all others. So we opted to not have them playable in order to keep the Papal mechanics and have the Catholic gameplay more interesting (even though it can get pretty annoying sometimes).

If the Papacy is about to die you need to prevent it, kill off the faction that is going to destroy the Papacy using the console.
    Hmm how do I do this? (kill off a faction using the console)

Quote Originally Posted by MacaLaki20 View Post
    Hmm how do I do this? (kill off a faction using the console)
    So you bring down the console with ~ and then you type surrender_regions followed by the name of the faction. For example: surrender_regions hungary

This should kill off the faction that is causing the problem. You just gotta figure the faction name

Thank you. I will try this. Do you know why does the Papacy crash happen specifically at turn 81? Does the hotfix prevent it from happening again on some other turn later in the game?

It has nothing to do with turn number, its just that when Popacy gets killed and a new Pope tries to spawn and that's when it causes ctd.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have passed 1530 slightly disappointed did not see Suleilman or Selim, or El Gran capitan ,I knew wasn't going to see Charles cassa d'austria.
    I'm having Magnificent campaign only things I could possibly want are scripts for "rebel fiction's"
    For example if said faction attacks Duchy of. . Eg Ubino Will incur possible attack of said Duchies allies. Like Papacy or Milano.
    Papacy attacks Bologne, likely to gain hated of Milano, Venice for example. A message could warn you if possible repercussions of your actions.
    I think the balance is about right between the three pike, cavalry and shot, plus of course artillery.
    Though I do think artillery needs to be made exclusive and expensive.
    I don't seem to get siege battles from AI attacking, they generally wait for time or a relieving army. I'm sure that's a MedII thing though?
    Some factions do seem tame(Swiss), but an overall increase in AI aggression would ruin it.
    Some should be less belligerent.
    Plus would it be possible for Schwarze Reiters to be available as a closing tech? They were available for Charles V and would be cool to carry on campaign beyond 1530..
    I also think that some sort of 'baggage train', desertion, disease and especially weather should be considered for armies. Disease and famine should play a particular part in sieges. I have mentioned it before but the sieges if Vienna were lost before they began because of supply and weather.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 28, 2023 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belisarium View Post
    played two huge campaigns, one with albania, another with Trinacria, Albania with 1000 turns and the other one around 700
    Albania its so hard, units are bad, must rely all on mercenaries, Trinacria is more fun, more units and powerful.
    For me problems are: Ottomans in both campaigns start really good but when timurids happen, they are dead, they lose everything in europe within some years.
    Wagons are no brain, i quit them from the files, nonsense.
    The other problem is Golden Horde they become soooo powerful, they are able to kill everybody, ottomans, Bavaria, Hungary...i have to use bribes to keep the game enjoyable
    The game is so good, the late game obvious is not balanced but i really think the tatars units are extremely op and wagons should dissapear
    I think that wagons were to op on his short historical moment. And i think that its power in battle represents that. Anyway, its okay if they got a nerf, but do not nerf them to much, the point is that the wagons are little mobile forts.
    Last edited by Magnus Lioncaster; June 28, 2023 at 07:53 AM.

There is another problem about wagons. AI when reinforcing its army cannot bring them across red line to the reinforced battlefield. They just stay put there. There are numerous practical problems with them. But since the nerf they are still good to use if you have troops around them to protect, shooters will rout units despite nerfs. So they are good unit but needs now support from other units, it is not as it was 1 wagon unit routing whole stack and winning a battle by itself, that was ridiculous. Also 1 golden wagon holding a settlement from capture indefinetely from other AI factions trying to capture a settlement.