Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233344974 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    I've never used Mac so I'm not sure how I could help. Do other M2 mods work normaly?
    Hello mate I have only played Stainless Steel and that works perfectly fine.

I think Genoa needs some nerfs or AI adjustments. They always have the biggest army and expand more then every other faction on a consistent bases. You would also need to fight them if you ever wanna take Constantinople meaning you gotta travel to Anatolia, Crimea, Italy and fight the biggest army in the world while also fighting Byzantium. All for a single province.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

We are now starting to work on unique Administation/Goverment trees to slowly replace our generic ones and will try to prevent the colonies from being unit factories. Genoese tend to take east of Anatolia too easy imho.
    With that being said getting "a single province", Constantinople, shouldnt be easy. Just send two stacks instead of one, siege Galata first, then Constantinople.

Icon5 Graphical error

Hi,

Whenever I play the mod and my units engage I get a strange graphics issue (See image).

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

This could also be a driver issue. I am using a RX6800 XT and on the latest driver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsardom graphic.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	364610

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Graphical error

It's a known issue probably related to a unit. But it occurs very rarely from experience. Do you get it often?

Also, please use the existing Bugs and Feedback thread for reporting issues.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will post this on the 'Bugs and Feeback' thread as well, sorry.

Yeah I've done 3 battles so far and it's happened all 3 times.

I'm experiencing a graphical issue with battles (see image). I was told by the developer that it was most likely an issue with a unit, so I think it has to do with the unit: Skoutatoi Spearmen. As you can see in the image below, it is the only one of mine engaged apart from my ally. I do remember the issue happening when I engaged thoes spearmen. Currently this has happened in all my battles i've played out (3/3) and all 3 times I have had the same unit in my army (Skoutatoi Spearmen).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsardom graphic.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	364611

Same to me when i played biz in the earliest relase.

I encountered this bug too when sieging that venetian fortress in Crimea, with my genoese troops. Can't recall if I had Skutatoi unit with me or against me..
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; April 13, 2021 at 01:39 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

It happens with lots of different units not just Skutatoi

Can confirm. Has happened to me multiple times when there were no Skutatoi spearmen involved in the battle.

I was playing the Duchy of Athens and all of a sudden a Florentine doomstack spawned right on top of Corinth. This is fine, I looked up what the heck that was about and it was historical, but it would be nice to have a pop-up about it when you're the Duchy of Athens to explain why they're invading you with an elite doomstack. They caught me unprepared but I took the province back pretty easiliy, it was a fun little challenge and it felt nice to kill the dude who would have become the Duke of Athens in our timeline.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

You are right. It was just introduced in last version so we didn't flesh this event out enough, there should be a warning event about Acciauoli assembling a host to take Athens. Though it should come as a suprise, do you think it would be frustrating if players gets to know about it on the same turn the Florentines march on Corinth?
    On the side of the Florence it will be a yes/no event.
    Last edited by Miszel; April 15, 2021 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    No problems thank you for the feedback.

Extending the map East would mean a whole lot of work (mapping is very tedious and painstaking process) with almost zero gain because we have reached the hardcoded settlement limit. So further extension would just create empty land. Actually the current map is already extended East, the original map used to stop at about halfway through Cyprus and did not include Caffa.

Hmm unfortunately the person that made the UI has not been active for many years. So we would need someone to volunteer to do UI work as a submod or something like that.
    thanks for clarifying.

i see that you guys using permanent forts on the map quite extensively. how did you manage to achieve the adequate AI behaviour with regards to them? in EBII we started with having them forts as well but the AI is obsessed with them and totally ignores its settlement in favour of garrisoning the forts. whats the trick, would you mind sharing?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    thanks for clarifying.

i see that you guys using permanent forts on the map quite extensively. how did you manage to achieve the adequate AI behaviour with regards to them? in EBII we started with having them forts as well but the AI is obsessed with them and totally ignores its settlement in favour of garrisoning the forts. whats the trick, would you mind sharing?
    in data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml their is a line "merge_fort_priority_offset". The default number is 500 and it results the AI prioritising forts over actual settlements. If you change it to -500, the AI will ingore them altogether. 0 is the recomended number for mods that use permanent stone forts but we set it to -200 and the result looks quite promising.

If you want to keep it a surprise, you should still add a pop-up that explains why it's happening, at least the same turn they appear. Adding an event warning you several turns before it happens kinda defeats the purpose, but without an explanation to its historical background, it seems a bit out of left field.

Encountered an issue with the music pack submod. I ran the .bat file to install the music pack, and when I ran the game, the sound was all turned off, no main menu music, no button press sounds, nothing. I tried to reinstall the vanilla music by running the other .bat file, and the main menu music did play, but all the other sounds are still completely gone.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Its a steam issue, go to Steam and to your Medieval 2 game, right click and hit repair file. It will restore the lost sounds.

is it just me or do characters in Tsardoms seem to be "a bit" too much everlasting?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, for the next version the max age will be 70 (currently it's 90 )