Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

When i start game mod vanilla medieval starts. During extraction i get D:\Games\Medieval 2\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms-2.0.7z: Cannot open C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa720.48776\Tsardoms-2.0\data\bovi\target\kotlin\reflect\jvm\internal\impl\serialization\deserialization\descriptors\DeserializedClassDescriptor$EnumEntryClassDescriptors$enumEntryByName$1$$special$$inlined$let$lambda$1.class ! The system cannot find the path specified.

Quote Originally Posted by jcroy2013 View Post
    No worries, could you please take a look at my file and see what might be causing the CTD? My posts are here and here

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16055111

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16055110

As an update, sometimes when I reload I can get past that crash and play for a while more. Other times I cant.
    It sounds like a possible pathfinding issue. The next time you have a ctd, restart your game, toggle fow so you can see the whole map, and in your settings set it to follow ai movement. Hit the end turn button and see if you can find where the ctd occurs. Sometimes at river crossings, etc, a stack can get stuck in an endless loop causing a ctd.

Your logs are unhelpful for the ctds you are having. Sadly, not every issue can be found in the logs.

Some of ports can be difficult to select. Specifically, I have difficult selecting the ports for Ragusa and Kotor. For Ragusa, the city model overlaps with the port so much it seems impossible to move fleets into it, or attack it. Kotor has the port right behind the city, so the city model makes it hard to move fleets into it or attack.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre_General View Post
    Some of ports can be difficult to select. Specifically, I have difficult selecting the ports for Ragusa and Kotor. For Ragusa, the city model overlaps with the port so much it seems impossible to move fleets into it, or attack it. Kotor has the port right behind the city, so the city model makes it hard to move fleets into it or attack.
    What about if you zoom in or zoom out? you should be able to access it if you zoom

Foederatus

seeing some comments about turn-specific CTDs. in an austrian campaign i had an impassable CTD during the ottoman turn around turn 79 or 80. i suspected it had something to do with the new ottoman expansion script. after turn 78 the ottomans spawn an army if they hold tsepina and it lays siege to sredets/sofya if sredets is not already ottoman and not already under siege. after the following turn that spawned army is supposed to assault sredets, but there are no lines ican see preventing the assault if sredets is already ottoman or already under siege.

in my campaign the ottoman AI had already taken sredets by this time (and tsepina). i solved the CTD by using a diplomat to buy sredets from the ottomans. on the end turn an ottoman stack (which was not laying siege) teleported next to sredets and immediately assaulted it. i auto-resolved a defeat, made peace with the ottomans, and continued my campaign with no further impassable CTDs. the way this played out, i think, confirmed my hypothesis about it being a scripting issue. the script was telling an ottoman stack to assault its own city hence CTD. i haven't checked the entire ottoman expansion script for any other potential CTDs, but hopefully this wasn't coincidence and can help anyone stuck around turn 79/80.

TLDR the ottoman expansion script is fantastic in buffing the ottoman AI to expand more historically, but i think some more lines need to be added accounting for when the ottoman AI has already expanded into certain regions

Playing on 1.5, all of my campaigns stopped functioning eventually, first an Austrian, then Athens and Ottoman. Back when I played 1.3 I never had these problems in my Venice Campaign and honestly I'm losing patience. How do I fix this, if there is any fix? The error log isn't helpful, just lists can not find various loadingscreen .tga files

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    seeing some comments about turn-specific CTDs. in an austrian campaign i had an impassable CTD during the ottoman turn around turn 79 or 80. i suspected it had something to do with the new ottoman expansion script. after turn 78 the ottomans spawn an army if they hold tsepina and it lays siege to sredets/sofya if sredets is not already ottoman and not already under siege. after the following turn that spawned army is supposed to assault sredets, but there are no lines ican see preventing the assault if sredets is already ottoman or already under siege.

in my campaign the ottoman AI had already taken sredets by this time (and tsepina). i solved the CTD by using a diplomat to buy sredets from the ottomans. on the end turn an ottoman stack (which was not laying siege) teleported next to sredets and immediately assaulted it. i auto-resolved a defeat, made peace with the ottomans, and continued my campaign with no further impassable CTDs. the way this played out, i think, confirmed my hypothesis about it being a scripting issue. the script was telling an ottoman stack to assault its own city hence CTD. i haven't checked the entire ottoman expansion script for any other potential CTDs, but hopefully this wasn't coincidence and can help anyone stuck around turn 79/80.

TLDR the ottoman expansion script is fantastic in buffing the ottoman AI to expand more historically, but i think some more lines need to be added accounting for when the ottoman AI has already expanded into certain regions
    Sounds like we need to add those lines indeed. Feel free to share your fix here

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Playing on 1.5, all of my campaigns stopped functioning eventually, first an Austrian, then Athens and Ottoman. Back when I played 1.3 I never had these problems in my Venice Campaign and honestly I'm losing patience. How do I fix this, if there is any fix? The error log isn't helpful, just lists can not find various loadingscreen .tga files
    We can't know what you are talking about if you don't give us details and most importantly the log right after a crash.

Please upload the log and tell us what turn the ctds happened, what was happening right before the ctd, whose turn it was etc.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

This is true last stabile version for me as well was 1.3
    Scripts which were implemented in 1.4 and afterwards made the mod unplayable for me. I never managed to pass 50 turns.

We need to find out exactly which of the scripts though.

The problem isn't crashing in game, the problem is that I can't load the save files at all. The turn number is random and inconsequential, I just load a save and it randomly stops working.

This is really weird though... I've managed campaigns to 1500 without any issues apart from the obvious game-breaking bugs which were always fixed upon the next release.

It seems like the game performs differently for different people. I remember Hrobatos saying his game crashes almost every turn when i hardly experienced any issues. So it's really confusing, i bet a lot of other people also have the game working flawlessly.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok thanks for the feedback, here's the adjusted campaign_script with additional safety lines for the Ottoman expansion scripts, extract into the Tsardoms-2.0 folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vnq...ew?usp=sharing

Have added the link to the release thread. Not save-game compatible though
    Last edited by jurcek1987; October 19, 2021 at 01:06 PM.

Here's the last bit of the log trying to load my saves (Version 1.5 NOT 2.0)
    01:08:41.811 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_37.tga
    01:08:41.811 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_21.tga,3145772
    01:08:41.811 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_21.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:41.816 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:41.816 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2F34D9C0,9943
    01:08:41.816 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,262188
    01:08:41.817 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:42.679 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:42.679 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    01:08:42.679 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:42.679 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    01:08:42.679 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    01:08:42.680 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    01:08:42.680 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,262188
    01:08:42.680 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: D:\S\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:08:42.720 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Ahhh hold on a sec. So you aren't getting ctds during the game?

Do you use steam? How do you launch the game via steam or via tsardoms.bat?

"So you aren't getting ctds during the game"
    Exactly
    I use the Tsardoms Bat file, and yes I use Steam. I understand earlier in the thread you said this was bad but I never had this problem with many, many mods that I used the BAT file to launch. How should I launch the mod?

Also, quick Suggestion on the Sicilian and Athenian Aragonese rosters, I think Sicily should get those Mesenderos Swordsmen/Cavalry as well since the description references their use in Italy, but lose Almogavar Long-Spears, Almogavar Archers and maybe Catalan Crossbowmen (as the Sicilian Aragon already has Pavise Crossbowmen anyway)

Edit: NVM I just noticed the instructions on moddb

I used the instructions and put -features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5 in properties, but how do I launch from here?

Yeah, that's why the saves get corrupted. We don't know why, but if using steam and launching from tsardoms.bat it corrupts the saves. You need to just launch Tsardoms from steam as if you are starting regular medieval 2. When you put that launch path you tell steam to launch tsardoms instead of vanilla medieval 2.

Good suggestions for Sicily.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yeah, that's why the saves get corrupted. We don't know why, but if using steam and launching from tsardoms.bat it corrupts the saves. You need to just launch Tsardoms from steam as if you are starting regular medieval 2. When you put that launch path you tell steam to launch tsardoms instead of vanilla medieval 2.

Good suggestions for Sicily.
    When I try to launch regular medieval 2 after putting in -features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5 I get the "Medieval 2 has suffered a fatal error" error

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Copy med2 exe and rename it to kingdoms

I did that years ago, maybe i'm launching it wrong?