Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Are you a steam user?
    Are you talking to me? If so, yes I'm a steam user, why?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tex The Veteran View Post
    Are you talking to me? If so, yes I'm a steam user, why?
    How do you launch the mod? If you don't launch it via the steam launcher you will get crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    How do you launch the mod? If you don't launch it via the steam launcher you will get crashes.
    Buddy, I don't mean to be rude, but this is pretty annoying, but for whom did you take me for? Of course i launch it via steam launcher, i have 700 hours in medieval 2 i know how to launch mods, plus, i saw 2 other people complaining that with different factions and with 2.0 version they crash either at turn 59 or 61, so its not my fault if the game crashes. its something wrong with the mod.
    I never had any crashes and i followed these instructions:
    - Steam installation: follow the same instructions as above, than go into Steam right click on the Medieval 2 Kingdoms game, go to Properties, then go to Set Launch Options and replace what is there with the following --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms-2.0
    Basically for Steam the actual name of the Tsardoms folder and executable file must be there

Idk what to say but noone is being helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by Tex The Veteran View Post
    Buddy, I don't mean to be rude, but this is pretty annoying, but for whom did you take me for?
    Not sure why it is annoying. Lots of people launch Medieval 2 mods via the executable file even if they have steam, even some of our team members were doing this. But for some reason if the mod was launched via the executable it caused crashes and corruption of save games. So we have to make sure that we exclude all options.

Not sure why you think it's your fault? There are dozens of reasons for various crashes and without having all of the details we can't figure out why they happen.

Also, you are saying that no one is being helpful but it's not even been one day since you posted the log. This is a hobby for us, we don't spend all day long on the forum and sometimes the person that is on the forum is not the one that knows how to fix a certain issue. So it will take time. Don't expect that things will be fixed from yesterday to today.

Not sure why it is annoying. Lots of people launch Medieval 2 mods via the executable file even if they have steam, even some of our team members were doing this. But for some reason if the mod was launched via the executable it caused crashes and corruption of save games. So we have to make sure that we exclude all options.

Not sure why you think it's your fault? There are dozens of reasons for various crashes and without having all of the details we can't figure out why they happen.

Also, you are saying that no one is being helpful but it's not even been one day since you posted the log. This is a hobby for us, we don't spend all day long on the forum and sometimes the person that is on the forum is not the one that knows how to fix a certain issue. So it will take time. Don't expect that things will be fixed from yesterday to today.
    I completely understand that. I'm not expecting to be answered immediately just that what ive written is very important, for 2 reasons. The first being multiple people reported it, so it's not only me wanting that to be fixed, and secondly it's completely gamebreaking. I cannot continue any campaign because every one even if i start a new one crash at around turn 60. That's why i told you all that. I cannot play your mod anymore and that is sad because its my favorite medieval 2 mod. I just hope this will be fixed and that i wont have to start a new campaign again, cos honestly ive played more than 10 campaigns on the mod (since the first release) and most times updates werent save compatible, sadly. anyways best of luck and as i said i just hope this issue get fixed sooner or later. peace

What factions you were playing? I was playing Genoa for 500 turns and no crash. There is no doubt that some factions are more crashy than the others.. Started Swiss campaign now. Already crashed on turn 31 in a random siege battle and crash often with Swiss on battles. Can anyone play Swiss and confirm it s crashing in battles ?

Yes, unfortunately some of the Swiss units have too high detail and are causing crashes. This is not an actual bug but rather purely Medieval 2 not being able to handle the high level of detail. I have been told that the 4gb patch solves this issue but we are not allowed to talk about it here.

The crashes around turn 60 appear to be related to the AI getting the condottieri script. Jurcek has now made this script appear only for the human player which should hopefully solve this problem. But the fix will not be save game compatible.
    Last edited by Wallachian; October 13, 2021 at 10:52 AM.

cool

no problem well start a new

i hope ottomans are strong in tsardoms 2!

So it is sure to play 2.0 if u play a faction that is not involved in the conndoteri script?
    Can i play romans for now?

No it will crash regardless i think. You will just need to wait for the update for a longer campaign i fear. That said, it seems like bordinis played the campaign without issue, so maybe it doesn't affect everyone

Yes, unfortunately some of the Swiss units have too high detail and are causing crashes. This is not an actual bug but rather purely Medieval 2 not being able to handle the high level of detail. I have been told that the 4gb patch solves this issue but we are not allowed to talk about it here.

The crashes around turn 60 appear to be related to the AI getting the condottieri script. Jurcek has now made this script appear only for the human player which should hopefully solve this problem. But the fix will not be save game compatible.
    Fun fact : I recently bought a new pc that runs all games on ultra and started playing as Swiss in custom battles, tested all of their units with various armour upgrades, all those pikes and halberds and had 0 crashes there. Game runs flawlessly on this pc, no stutters, nothing, but when I play in a campaign I still crash ;D So auto resolve and custom battles do not crash but real time campaign battles do. The problem is people playing all of the neighbouring factions around Swiss will probably crash just by entereing in battle against Swiss. So Milan, Bavaria, Austria players beware

Thank's a lot for finding out the reason of that issue, Wallachian. I'm very grateful for that! I'm glad it will be fixed in the next update even if RIP my save again hahaha, well np i guess i'll just start another campaign hehe. Anyways any release date for the update so far? Thanks again mysir

The thing about steam is : I also have steam version but I did not do as this thread suggested for installation. I did good old thing : Took any of the four kingdoms campaign, example Teutonic, renamed it and renamed the Tsardoms folder as Teutonic. And launch the game through steam teutonic option and no problems at all. I do use the 4gb patch always. Otherwise med2 mods are unstable.

version 2.0, playing Golden Horde, consistent crashes on turn 80-81

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can you upload your log please?

skirmish mode does not work
    archers in skirmish mode ignore movment comands

bosnian and ragusan armies still walk like idiots all along slovenia

wallachia destroys hungary in turn 60.
    ottomans cant even capture rebbel settlements

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    No it will crash regardless i think. You will just need to wait for the update for a longer campaign i fear. That said, it seems like bordinis played the campaign without issue, so maybe it doesn't affect everyone
    Just to double check you are responding to me correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jcroy2013 View Post
    Just to double check you are responding to me correct?
    Not sure to be honest Someone asked if the game would work if you don't choose a faction that use the condottiere scripts... And this was my reply. I can't seem to find to question though, so it was probably deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Not sure to be honest Someone asked if the game would work if you don't choose a faction that use the condottiere scripts... And this was my reply. I can't seem to find to question though, so it was probably deleted
    No worries, could you please take a look at my file and see what might be causing the CTD? My posts are here and here

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16055111

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16055110

As an update, sometimes when I reload I can get past that crash and play for a while more. Other times I cant.

I found some mistakes
    Republic of Ragusa - Council Guard and Ragusan Bodyguard:
    When theses models rotate his head and return, the object on the helmet is appear and disappear.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ragusan.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	828.9 KB 
ID:	365808

More Italian factions:
    Some heavy cavarly tarschen shield gap must be in the other side.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Italian shield.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	365809
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)