Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Yeah, for the next version the max age will be 70 (currently it's 90 )
    We've done the similar thing in the SSHIP - the pitfall is the age of the dead guys in the family trees must be lowered as well. And then the age between (dead) parents and children (even if also dead) must conform to the other age parameter. All in all, it's a laborious task.

Quote Originally Posted by sftonix View Post
    is it just me or do characters in Tsardoms seem to be "a bit" too much everlasting?
    IMO, the this is a drawback of 4TPY (and with the new TWs it's even more pronounced - you rarely go over the second generation of your characters). I've made this argument here.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 16, 2021 at 11:10 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

This is not realy a bug but it is a stupud thing that hapenns in every campagne.
    Bosnia,ragusa and croatia sometimes just patrol in austrias regions of todays slovenia.
    They tend to stand and patrol there for like 30 turns.

In my hungaryan,austrian,venetian campagn it alvasy happens.
    I dont know if the AI of venetia and ragusa wants to invade italy but they yust send armies near leibach.And in my end turn i can se that those armies have a green line going in the direction of italy.The armies move there but when they come close to laibach and the bridge in the leibach region they just stop.I think that must be cuz the AI doesnt se the settlement so it gets blocked when it encounters leibach so the next turn the AI controled armie goes north and the same thing hapenns when it encounters the next town or bridge at Cilli or whatever the first settlement north of leibach is.I dont remember on my own.

So those AI controled armies just patrol from leibach to that oher town and back.They repeat that for like30-40 turns.
    Last edited by PavleSubich; April 18, 2021 at 12:35 PM.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah it's a known and annoying issue. So far we haven't been able to fix it, I think we'll have to adjust the campaign AI of those factions to not attack rebels

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

The only major issuue for me is crusades- when the pope calls it all catholic factions rush to accept the call. In reality it was the opposite- almost all of the rullers turn it a deaf ear. Now asia minor and eastern balkans are swarmed with catholic armies when the crusade is over.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Would it be possible to exclude Ortodox factions as Crusade target?
    Crusade of 1202 was not normal crusade they all got excomunicated alredy in 1202 when they besieged Zadar to pay for transport to Venetians

Not much changes you can do to crusade mechanics, they are for the most part hard-coded AFAIK. I know that you cannot declare crusades against Orthodox factions, only Muslim, Pagan, Heretic and excommunicated Catholics. Though I've seen it declared against Bulgaria but they have a separate religion so the game doesn't see them as Orthodox.

Laetus

Bug report: The game doesn't let me disembark my army

I've tried to land an army in vanilla and another mod to make sure this is specific to this mod, and it is.
    It gives me that "x" crosshair telling me I'm unable to disembark (on a perfectly flat piece of land), and occasionally gives me the disembarking crosshair (little ship with an arrow) for a milisecond before switching back.

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Hi. Thank you for this great mod. The amount of work you done is incredible. I enjoy just reading the units decription, its like medieval history encyclopedy.

I play as Knights of st. John. I dont know if its feature or bug, but new nobles often spawn in Cyprus(rebel territory). And are immedietely attacked and killed by rebel army. Also there is no notification that you have new noble.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

It is not a bug. Some factions have their generals spawned to ensure survival. In future version there will be a hospitallier castle there, Kolossi, so generals will have somewhere to retreat.

Kirijakos's Avatar Libertus

I cant declare on orthodox factions Crusade, but u can.. ��
    U cant declare ONLY on Greek orthodox, so on Serbia and Bulgaria u can (and it never happen btw), protected are Byzantine, Albania, Wallachia and Moldavija.

Hardcoded. Serbia and Bulgaria have their own Church so the game counts them as non-Orthodox.

The final upgrade of Broken Lances & Bracchessi (or the other merc knights idr) knights use berrovieri attachment textures which has black backgrounds, which causes a visual bug with the raised visor sallets. making the background transparent fixed it

Really enjoying the latest version of the mod well done to all the team. My question is how do you improve the economy of the Ottomans what buildings do I need too build or any tips would be welcome because I'm always in red financially .

Always build trade related buildings(ports, markets, roads and foreigner quarters) first, population growth (farming) is of secondary importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Always build trade related buildings(ports, markets, roads and foreigner quarters) first, population growth (farming) is of secondary importance.
    I will give that a go and see how i get on

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Battle map bug. Maybe its vanilla issue not mod issue. In Cyprus is rebel army standing on river. If i attack that army, on battle map it shows passage trough the river. But when i order to march to other side nothing happens.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just had the weirdest CTD the garrison of Hadrianopolis is Roman but the city is Ottoman. So if attacked by me- the Roman player I get the oops message

Hmm. Its probably related to the script that helps Ottomans take over Thrace. Thanks for reporting.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Hmm. Its probably related to the script that helps Ottomans take over Thrace. Thanks for reporting.
    ah that makes sense, I helped them too

probably a known issue, but just in case - towers and ladders arent of appropriate height/size when attacking cities with huge wall: ladders and towers given are the smaller variants meant for lower wall level.