Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    I think this is also a memory leak issue. Does it persist once you reload?
    yes and with different factions, not sure if its a memory leak since it appears at the first minutes of play (last was the image of dismounted german knights).

I've played the Knights of St John a bit. Overall, I'd say it's great, just like the other factions. I've played. This really is the best mod I've played.
    The first few turns are fantastic. Aydin starts sieging you right away (1st turn) with a full stack of pretty strong units, and has around 30 other units in their 2 settlements, really puts you in the mood for Hospitallers. This pushes you to get as many units as possible on the first turn (recruit high tier units and hire mercs), in order to be able to defend. This means you're not going to make money, so there's no reason to wait, so you must also start sieging them (probably on the 2nd turn), it really makes no sense to sit around if you're not earning money. You end up with 3 siege battles, one defending and two attacking, neither is easy to win, but all are doable. So if you know how to win sieges, you can eliminate Aydin in the first 3-4 turns.
    This is were the game terribly slows down. You end up neighboring almost exclusively rebel settlements, with an army and economy in shambles, and the plague also hits. So there's not much to do, other than slowly build and expand for a long time, without really being challenged. In theory, you're at war with the ottomans and karamanids, but they're not at your borders, so you'll not have to deal with them for quite some time.
    Probably some more testing is needed, so others can form an opinion, but after what I've seen, I believe it would be better if Aydin had 3 settlements, since you couldn't eliminate them right away (maybe give them a 3rd settlement only if the player is playing the Hospitaller Knights?).

Bugs and problems I've encountered:
    * You start with the faction leader 74 years old, and 3 generals, one for each noble house. If you lose the defensive siege that starts on the first turn, you're left with only the leader and 2 guys. When the plague hits, he dies of old age, and you're left with only 2 generals. There's a pretty high chance the plague will wipe out your faction. Almost always, at least one of the noble houses disappears. I think the plague kind of makes the start of the game unnecessary slow with all factions (and ruins your noble houses), but it's especially bad here, it almost wipe out your faction.
    * You don't have a family tree, you only get generals through adoptions, and they don't get the nobility titles from adoptions. So the noble houses are restricted to the starting generals.
    * Rhodian crossbows have in their description that they're only recruitable in Rhodos. This is not true. It might happen with other units as well and I've missed it.
    * I never got the option to build the cession treaty in any of the conquered settlements, even though I've built the Force assimilation quite a few turns before.
    * Not a bug, but getting units that can stop a cavalry charge happens once in a blue moon.
    * One of the mountain maps from western Anatolia had almost vertical cliffs with a rocky texture like unpassable terrain, but it was passable.

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    What need to do? i don´t understand what he mean by "remove" my diplomacy section, erase it directly from the descr_strat?
    still dont get it, refers to erase completely bc i don´t want screw up my game more

Hi guys, really nice mod. But I have a problem. When I save my game, exit to a wallpaper and after some time try to load this save, I have a crash. I don't get what can couse it. In system log I haven't any information about crash, I have installed 4gb patch and german fix. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall mod, but it didn't help. Any ideas how to fix that ?

It's me again. I would just edit my last post, but I haven't that option yet. So before I wrote last post I had played Karaman for test and saved that game. I didn't check that save, which is my fault. Two saves that had crash was from my Bizantine Empire game. That one with Karaman's one is just fine, save works and loads a game wihout any crash. And my theory is that something is wrong with the Bizantines, but I don't know why. I would appreciate any help with that problem

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    still dont get it, refers to erase completely bc i don´t want screw up my game more
    I replied in the other thread for you. Yes according to that link it says to completely deleted that diplomacy section. But i would create a back up copy of the descr file in case it screws your game.

What i will do for you is upload a previous build of Tsardoms. Perhaps that will be a more stable version. I played that one for ages with no ctds whatsoever. For example, the ctds when browsing building menus was not in the previous build.

Quote Originally Posted by Winters07 View Post
    It's me again. I would just edit my last post, but I haven't that option yet. So before I wrote last post I had played Karaman for test and saved that game. I didn't check that save, which is my fault. Two saves that had crash was from my Bizantine Empire game. That one with Karaman's one is just fine, save works and loads a game wihout any crash. And my theory is that something is wrong with the Bizantines, but I don't know why. I would appreciate any help with that problem
    Never heard anyone else mention this. I never got that in my roman campaigns either. Have you tried a new roman campaign?

Sadly i don't think there is any way for us to figure out what your issue is.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 09, 2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Never heard anyone else mention this. I never got that in my roman campaigns either. Have you tried a new roman campaign?

Sadly i don't think there is any way for us to figure out what your issue is.
    Yes, three times. Maybe reinstall of Medieval would help. I have no idea

saneel's Avatar Senator

I played with Ottomans for 50-60 turns and after conquering much of Asia Minor, I have huge surplus of money, I build in every province all the time, "print" best troops in stacks and still be able to generate huge profits on hard difficulty. Maybe raising units upkeep and lowering their availabilty down would balance the issues. Also by giving AI more money and lowering availabitly of units would force it to spend more on mercenaries, navy and buildings.

@Winter & Rafa. Here is a link for an older Tsardoms build https://mega.nz/file/S1lClKbB#QtpOlj...7SYwLe4Q5skN7s Perhaps it will not have your issues. It is missing Bavaria, lots of traits, ancs and titles. But might be more stable and hence more playable

@Saneel. It is a common issue for all factions. Once you get a big empire you are rolling in cash. In the next version we will add a corruption script which will start draining your money once you get a big empire.

@Khanemir. The Hospitallers are probably the least worked on factions. They do need more attention in future releases including more characters and ways to keep the houses alive.

We can't have different provinces ownership based on factions. But we can trigger some scripts if the player is playing a certain faction. So perhaps we can generated more Aydinid armies if the player controls the Hospitallers.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 09, 2021 at 02:24 PM.

saneel's Avatar Senator

If I can ask, how do you play to fix random destruction of merchant republics? It happens every game I try, sometimes it is Genoa, other time its Florence,...?

Winters07,maybe you can try these text files and see if you can load your saves,backup your old text files,just replace the three text files with the older onces

downloadlink: https://mega.nz/file/lN4ixSqA#aSct2-...GON4Bguc19vhh4
    getting older

I think a few games played with them could give more insight, but I don't have the time now. Also, there's the possibility that I'm not the best player out there, so take all of this with a grain of salt.
    From what I've seen, there's only one rational decision, getting as much armies as your finances permit right from the start, as Aydin is quite strong and they attack you on turn one. So you're not going to make money. Due to them having only 2 settlements, both right next to you, it's going to be an all or nothing war most of the times. You either win the first 1-2 battles, and this puts you in the position to eliminate them, or you lose those battles and have no real way of coming back.
    Simply giving them more armies will most likely not solve the problem. If, with their extra troops, you're still stronger, you take them out in a few turns (since they only have 2 settlements), if they're stronger, then you're stuck in a war where you can't recruit any new units, due to lack of funds.
    That's why I think extra settlement(s), harder to reach for the player, might be the answer. It allows you to win the confrontation, push them back, start making money, but not eliminate them. Maybe you can generate an army that occupies a settlement on the first or second turns, one that the player can't reach.

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    If I can ask, how do you play to fix random destruction of merchant republics? It happens every game I try, sometimes it is Genoa, other time its Florence,...?
    We have no idea how to fix it because we don't know why it's happening. It's probably due to the Teutonic family tree and both the heir and the leader dieing at the same time.

It's not due to the black death as this has been happening from before we even implemented the black death.

saneel's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    We have no idea how to fix it because we don't know why it's happening. It's probably due to the Teutonic family tree and both the heir and the leader dieing at the same time.

It's not due to the black death as this has been happening from before we even implemented the black death.
    Maybe just making it regular family tree would solve the issue, and making it bigger and like in other factions, having inside of it other wings (different families).

Is it possible that it happens due to the huge rebel stacks next to them? I know rebels tend to be quite passive but I don't really see another reason

We suspect it's due to their capital cities having huge populations which leads to rebellions and the factions getting wiped out when they lose their leader and heir at the same time.

For example, Ragusa also has the Teutonic family tree, has only 2 provinces, has only a few characters but almost never gets wiped out in this way.

Foederatus

Is it necessary to wipe out the Kantakouzenos to get the roman reunification and coronation script ? Or is enough to just get the trait "Roman Emperor" and the ancillary "Emperor of the Romans", cause i got the requirements to get both of these but the script didn't appear, i only got the trait and the Ancillary, it is normal or my game bugged ?

Please don't post the same question in several threads

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

i installed tsardoms, everything on the campaign works fine, but i cant play any battles. same with quick or custom battles. i have no ctd but i cant click the mouse on the battle-menu. there is no reaction. seems to be a mouse problem connected with the tsardoms-battle-menu. any ideas?

on the whole its an awesome mod and historical masterpiece. congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    i installed tsardoms, everything on the campaign works fine, but i cant play any battles. same with quick or custom battles. i have no ctd but i cant click the mouse on the battle-menu. there is no reaction. seems to be a mouse problem connected with the tsardoms-battle-menu. any ideas?

on the whole its an awesome mod and historical masterpiece. congratulations!

Check your monitor resolution. Had a similar issue, and while the map resolution was 3840*2160, each time you log in for battle it autoreverts to 1920*1440. after getting the resolution the same as your monitor it should work.