Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

This is because your campaign resolution is not same as your battles resolution
    I dont know why window mod appears

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Hi there grear job guys. One question. I've properly installed music pack and native sounds pack they work fine. Any other sounds of buttons just disappeared (for example the sound when you click on the turn butyon). Is this intended or it's just mine problem? Thx!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by redin5ide.82 View Post
    Hi there grear job guys. One question. I've properly installed music pack and native sounds pack they work fine. Any other sounds of buttons just disappeared (for example the sound when you click on the turn butyon). Is this intended or it's just mine problem? Thx!
    It's not intended but I had this issue too. I am guessing you are using Steam version? What you have to do is go to Steam and Repair your Medieval 2 files. Just go to Steam, right click on Medieval 2 and select Properties than go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Files. It will say some files are missing and it will update your files.

What happens is that when you install the native sounds it deletes some sounds in the main Medieval 2 folder for some reason.

Yup, I'm on steam, sorry, forgot to mention it. I've repaired the files in steam, i've reverted back to english sounds and trying to install native voices again but no chance to succed unfortunately. Always english sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Thank you. Yes sadly that is a known issue and quite common. We have no idea how to fix it and this actually did not happen until a couple of versions ago. It's probably an issue with building or unit info cards but can't locate which ones as they vary.
    Hello again! It seems we've found the source of UI glitch. Comrades from imtw-ru mod community pointed to the strategy.sd (it is in \Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\ui). If you delete strategy.sd and strategy.sd.xml (game generates it) UI glitches no more and there is no crashes either. But! Faction icons disappear for some reason.
    Possible reasons that make strategy.sd buggy is the fact that mod (any) is near its faction limit (30) or if there is too many textures used in UI.
    So maybe you've added some new textures couple versions ago and that is the reason? Is it possible to clean it and remove unused vanilla trash?
    Anyway some people have same issues with their mods on imtw and are looking for cure. If there will be news on this I'll report immediately. Salut!
    Last edited by Ulvar; February 17, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hello , glad you managed to release the patch !

Regarding the music submod , i dont think it works as intended and is rather incomplete , for me at least there is no battle music at all. There is just a new menu soundtrack and only 1 or 2 map songs , no marching songs , no battle songs.

Foederatus

Same man, i also think the native language submod for me in this version of the mod is broken, cause it worked just fine in the other version, but when i try to install in this version it doesn't work, i follow every instruction but when i boot the game, not a single sound except the music happens and some of the scripts don't work or didn't appear, i tried multiple times using the cleaner and restarting with multiple factions, but the problem persisted for now i will play with the english sound.
    Last edited by Gh4m3_Gh0st; February 17, 2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Adding info

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Mission rewards seem bugged:

When conquering a town as Venice I received a croation unit.
    When conquering a town as Swiss I received a Russian cavalry unit.

Allright, I tried many resolutions and the one that seems to work for me is 1680X1050.
    But I had to modify my standard screen resolution to this number. No problem, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gh4m3_Gh0st View Post
    Same man, i also think the native language submod for me in this version of the mod is broken, cause it worked just fine in the other version, but when i try to install in this version it doesn't work, i follow every instruction but when i boot the game, not a single sound except the music happens and some of the scripts don't work or didn't appear, i tried multiple times using the cleaner and restarting with multiple factions, but the problem persisted for now i will play with the english sound.
    That is strange. I've copied "fixed sound files" content to ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data and then copy-pasted "native_language" files to the same dir and everything works fine. As a Florence everyone speaks Italian and all UI sounds are present. I have Steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvar View Post
    That is strange. I've copied "fixed sound files" content to ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data and then copy-pasted "native_language" files to the same dir and everything works fine. As a Florence everyone speaks Italian and all UI sounds are present. I have Steam version.
    Did the same thing in a fresh new install. It works but some weird stuff though. For example Duchy of Athens. Generals speak english, their armies spanish ��

Did the same thing in a fresh new install. It works but some weird stuff though. For example Duchy of Athens. Generals speak english, their armies spanish 😄
    Yes, thats wierd. But you can consider him a person of high culture who likes to practice foreign languages

We have been getting reports of a potential fatal crash in turn 92 (year about 1390) associated with a condotta script triggering for AI controlled Genoa. We will need to investigate. Can you let us know if you have similar issues.

@Ulvar. Thank you for the UI tip will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Hello , glad you managed to release the patch !

Regarding the music submod , i dont think it works as intended and is rather incomplete , for me at least there is no battle music at all. There is just a new menu soundtrack and only 1 or 2 map songs , no marching songs , no battle songs.
    Have you copied all the files over as instructed and installed it running the installer? It works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumo View Post
    Mission rewards seem bugged:

When conquering a town as Venice I received a croation unit.
    When conquering a town as Swiss I received a Russian cavalry unit.
    Yes, all the mission rewards are wrong. We don't know how to mod this and did not touch that area so it must have got scrambled when Albania was added in.

Did the same thing in a fresh new install. It works but some weird stuff though. For example Duchy of Athens. Generals speak english, their armies spanish ��
    That sounds right for the Duchy of Athens. Are there any other weird things?

I know the Timurids have a scottish accent so that will need fixing.
    Last edited by Wallachian; February 19, 2021 at 12:45 AM.

In my v1.04 Roman campaign, the game clashes over and over in the turn 106 without any pop-up messages. I persume the game has too many units/structures, etc?

Can you please post your log?

After 130 turns as duchy of Athens in 1.4 i have two game-crashing bugs to report. First is that attempting to check the unit description of genovese crossbows from the genovese trading warehouse crashes the game. The second was that on turn 129 during the endturn the game crashed on the roman faction, after some trial and error i determined that it had something to do with unit placement "within" the model of Konstantinoupolis. It looked like they were placing units on the port, which is also part of the city model. When i captured and returned the city before the end turn the crash stopped.

I have the same problem, i found out that opening task manager and clicking on somewhere outside the game window, then clicking on the game window fixes the issue. This needs to be done only once per game launching, i have no idea as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Regulator View Post
    Hello there!
    I tried to play the mod. So far, so good, until I needed to play a battle. Literally, the mouse did not applied to the unit I wanted, but to a random spot. It was impossible to control your units.
    I think, maybe I should reset the graphics. So I tried to change the resolution, but instantly the game appeared in a window and not full-screen. And the mouse cursor, yet again does not match the point that I see it, but to a different one, almost as if it runs on different resolution than the game window. And this happens always after I apply new graphics settings.
    Any ideas?
    I have the same problem, i found out that opening task manager and clicking on somewhere outside the game window, then clicking on the game window fixes the issue. This needs to be done only once per game launching, i have no idea as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Can you please post your log?
    The log folder is empty. I have to confess that I played pirated game. Is that the reason?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, but the town of Požega (starts Hungarian with the equivalent Hungarian name, not sure what it was tbh) has no Assimilation/Cession Treaty/Autonomy/Core Region building. I assume it should be one of the Croatian core regions but it simply isn't. It's also basically permanently stuck at the starting level because the population growth is an abysmal 1% with no option to build basically anything or even to switch from motte and bailey to a village.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: