Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Feedback, Bugs and Reports

I don't get the date if I use steam launcher

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    When I try to launch regular medieval 2 after putting in -features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5 I get the "Medieval 2 has suffered a fatal error" error
    Can you detail exactly how you launch the mod?

I will show you exactly how I launch the mod.

First I go to Launch Options and put the Tsardoms link

Once that is done I just launch Medieval 2 from Steam by clicking the green Play button and just select Play Total War Medieval 2

You shouldn't need to change names or copy exe or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    You can change if you see the turn number or the date.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...gdoms/40770925

Hi, I'm getting a end of turn ctd at turn 58 with Milan, can't see anything that is triggering it. Where do I find the crash log as the tsadoms.log file shows it hasn't been modified for a few days now?

That's weird, it should be the tsardoms.log file. When did you download the mod version 2.0? Did you get the one from moddb or the google drive one which has been on TWC for a while?

Turn 58 sounds like the issue with John Hawkwood. Florence AI is getting the John Hawkwood script when only the player should get it. This should have been fixed in the moddb version of the mod folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    That's weird, it should be the tsardoms.log file. When did you download the mod version 2.0? Did you get the one from moddb or the google drive one which has been on TWC for a while?

Turn 58 sounds like the issue with John Hawkwood. Florence AI is getting the John Hawkwood script when only the player should get it. This should have been fixed in the moddb version of the mod folder.
    i paid off John Hawkwood a couple of turns ago. I had the original download of 2.0 and lost a couple of savegames to it before you released the patch, should I redownload 2.0? My log was last modified 19/10/2021 09:52. Also I play through steam if that changes anything

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Might be useful for you: PSFs in Sicily names: I understand the names come from the historical provinces (admin districts) of Sicily. I'm not convinced because there're no such castles or they were in other places. I think:
    - Noto should be Castelgiovanni (it's in the place of current Enna)
    - Mazzara should be a bit to the south (or it rather should be Monte San Giuliano)
    - Demone - many possibilities.

I'm a big dumb idiot....

My Disc space was full, that's why the mod was crashing when saving.

I feel REALLY stupid right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    I'm a big dumb idiot....

My Disc space was full, that's why the mod was crashing when saving.

I feel REALLY stupid right now.
    Generally, with any memory and disk intensive mod, it is very much prefered if you turn off other memory and disk intensive programs (Chrome for example...) before you play.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I have problem with Tsardoms 2.0. After presing new turn, during rebel moves game is crashing, It occurs almost every turn after turn 10, sometimes loading saves helped but crash will occur next turn.. I have used toggle_fow to see whole map to check what causes problem and to my supprise playing with exposed map reduced new turn crash by ~90%... Also noticed that portraits for capitans leading armies (not characters) are replaced with pink square and fighting them often ends with crash too.. I have played Tsardoms 1.5 a lot and didn't get even single crash.

Despite following the instructions to the letter, I still have the turns. Must be a save game compatibility issue

I've really enjoyed playing Tsardoms since it's release and my two main factions are Milan and Florence. The addition of mercenary companies and famous figures such as John Hawkwood is a great touch and I had a suggestion to both improve historicity and perhaps difficulty. The latter half of the 14th century saw the papacy attempt to stamp out what it viewed as a significant internal threat to society,routiers, (obviously this term only applied to mercenaries fighting on the opposing side of the Holy Father). There were papal decrees absolving Christians of their sins if they happened to kill a routier and eventually Pope's were reduced to bargaining, promising absolution if the mercenaries left Europe to go on Crusade. That's the history lesson over.

My suggestion is an added layer to the question of hiring mercenary companies, it should cause your relations with the papacy to plummet, and maybe even your fellow italian states as they distrust your motives. On harder difficulties it may even cause other mercenary companies to spawn in your territories to ravage them by proxy for a rival state.

P.S. I admire the level of detail and skill necessary to construct such a engaging mod and if this is simply wishful thinking, I'll completely understand. Thanks again

So i was playing Genoa and there is this Guelph and Ghibelline thing and i was expecting Genoa would get a large number of Guelph symphatizer by default especially since being freindly with pope is my number one priority as catholic faction.

What end up happen instead that my general become mostly consist of Ghibelline which felt weird for Genoa which are considered to be main Guelph city and my alliance with pope feels kinda awkward.

Not sure is this a bug, but the Hussite wagons controlled by the AI, are well, see for yourself.

https://streamja.com/056ja

Quote Originally Posted by Obilic2202 View Post
    When i start game mod vanilla medieval starts. During extraction i get D:\Games\Medieval 2\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms-2.0.7z: Cannot open C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa720.48776\Tsardoms-2.0\data\bovi\target\kotlin\reflect\jvm\internal\impl\serialization\deserialization\descriptors\DeserializedClassDescriptor$EnumEntryClassDescriptors$enumEntryByName$1$$special$$inlined$let$lambda$1.class ! The system cannot find the path specified.
    Just ignore that error, it does not impact the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Not sure is this a bug, but the Hussite wagons controlled by the AI, are well, see for yourself.

https://streamja.com/056ja
    Are you referring to the marching/idle thing? Are they not shooting or what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    So i was playing Genoa and there is this Guelph and Ghibelline thing and i was expecting Genoa would get a large number of Guelph symphatizer by default especially since being freindly with pope is my number one priority as catholic faction.

What end up happen instead that my general become mostly consist of Ghibelline which felt weird for Genoa which are considered to be main Guelph city and my alliance with pope feels kinda awkward.

The generals which you recruit throughout the campaign have a chance of getting either Guelph or Ghibelline. The starting generals are half guelp and half ghibelline.

I suppose considering Genoa's history we could increase the chances of getting Guelph generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgath 911 View Post
    I've really enjoyed playing Tsardoms since it's release and my two main factions are Milan and Florence. The addition of mercenary companies and famous figures such as John Hawkwood is a great touch and I had a suggestion to both improve historicity and perhaps difficulty. The latter half of the 14th century saw the papacy attempt to stamp out what it viewed as a significant internal threat to society,routiers, (obviously this term only applied to mercenaries fighting on the opposing side of the Holy Father). There were papal decrees absolving Christians of their sins if they happened to kill a routier and eventually Pope's were reduced to bargaining, promising absolution if the mercenaries left Europe to go on Crusade. That's the history lesson over.

My suggestion is an added layer to the question of hiring mercenary companies, it should cause your relations with the papacy to plummet, and maybe even your fellow italian states as they distrust your motives. On harder difficulties it may even cause other mercenary companies to spawn in your territories to ravage them by proxy for a rival state.

P.S. I admire the level of detail and skill necessary to construct such a engaging mod and if this is simply wishful thinking, I'll completely understand. Thanks again
    Thank you! Indeed good idea about reducing diplomacy if you accept the mercenaries. will see if it's possible and how.

We were planning on adding more mercenary companies and also having random merc companies ravaging your lands. Will see if we can do it in the future.

If you are interested in helping we would love to get help with research and text writing for the various merc companies.

Despite following the instructions to the letter, I still have the turns. Must be a save game compatibility issue
    Nahh its not related to savegame. It's simply related to the configuration. I have turns as well, never had year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I have problem with Tsardoms 2.0. After presing new turn, during rebel moves game is crashing, It occurs almost every turn after turn 10, sometimes loading saves helped but crash will occur next turn.. I have used toggle_fow to see whole map to check what causes problem and to my supprise playing with exposed map reduced new turn crash by ~90%... Also noticed that portraits for capitans leading armies (not characters) are replaced with pink square and fighting them often ends with crash too.. I have played Tsardoms 1.5 a lot and didn't get even single crash.
    Yeap this sounds like a system performance issue. I get similar issues and never had them before.

The 4gb patch solves all this but you will have to look for it yourself, we are not allowed to talk about it on TWC.
    Last edited by Wallachian; October 25, 2021 at 01:49 AM.

They are shooting, but they seemed stuck, though I am not sure whether they are supposed to move. Btw how do I even hurt them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    They are shooting, but they seemed stuck, though I am not sure whether they are supposed to move. Btw how do I even hurt them?
    Ah no, they can't move. They are fixed like artillery. You can destroy them using either artillery or AP weapons.

Hello, I do not know if this is a bug, but I cannot seem to find the Almogavars skirmishers unit in any building for me to recruit, please clarify, thanks! I am playing as Trinacria

When I started a new campaign I have dates, how bizarre

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kokito View Post
    Hello, I do not know if this is a bug, but I cannot seem to find the Almogavars skirmishers unit in any building for me to recruit, please clarify, thanks! I am playing as Trinacria
    Yes it is a bug, or an oversight. Trinacria can't recruit them

Hello, I had a crash with my byzantine campaign when I load my save and also my auto save.
    I get this error message " Uh oh.This isn't good.No idea why,but exiting now.Sorry pal". I can't continue my campaign. I must be at the 60 turn I think.

I don't know what to do if anyone can help. Thanks.