Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Can i run medieval total war vikings with:
    GPU AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    CPU AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4 Cores
    VRAM
    4096 MB GDDR5 1250 MHz
    RAM 16 GB

Thank you
    Of course you can, I even have a lot more RAM (32 Gb) than you have and the Steam version is your best option, but I also know that people can play the original MTW (retail) with a high-end computer after doing this.
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 24, 2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Can i run medieval total war vikings

Hi Leonardo, thank you for your answer, do you now maybe if it also works with Shogun total war?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Hi Leonardo, thank you for your answer, do you now maybe if it also works with Shogun total war?
    You're welcome.

Yes, I know it works as I have STW myself on Steam. But I doubt the retail version will work.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your responce
    After i uninstall a sertain windows update from 2015, both games work, i did a uninstall of shogun because it really didn't look graphic nice anymore on a 27 inch wide screen.
    Can you help with how to install mods, i used to have loads of nice mods for MTW but i dont remember how to install them, i thought it was different as with MTW II
    And must i install patches on Medieval Total War Gold edition? i did do (MTW_Gold_v2.01_CTD_Fix) install

Thanks

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your responce
    After i uninstall a sertain windows update from 2015, both games work, i did a uninstall of shogun because it really didn't look graphic nice anymore on a 27 inch wide screen.
    Can you help with how to install mods, i used to have loads of nice mods for MTW but i dont remember how to install them, i thought it was different as with MTW II
    And must i install patches on Medieval Total War Gold edition? i did do (MTW_Gold_v2.01_CTD_Fix) install

Thanks
    Good to know about a Windows update.

Sorry, I can't help you to install mods and all I can say is read the description for a mod about installing the actual mod.

No. You don't need to install patches for the MTW Gold Edition, but like I said here the MTW_Gold_v2.01_CTD_Fix is only for the retail version.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Axalon might have some insigth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks Gigantus, ill waith for a reaction According to me I had to reinstall the game for each mod and rename the game ?

The problem was an update from 2015 (KB3086255) that prevented the DVD Rom from playing, by removing the update the system played the DVD Rom again

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You called?

As for installing mods - each mod have different solutions. Usually it is between manual installs (copy and paste) or preset installers (fixed automated installers). Experience shows that each solution is paired with various problems and weaknesses (for some users). On general terms I would say that you should install a raw clean copy of MTW somewhere and then clone/copy that and use a new clone for every mod you want to install. If the installation fails, just delete the clone and make another one and try again until you get the installation right… Other then that, Leonardo is quite right – take time to read the individual instructions closely and do not deviate from them – and half the battle is (usually) won right there…

As for your hardware and (running) MTW… Its hard to say… Its not that you don’t have the sufficient specs for it - but it is rather a matter of the hardware and its drivers getting along with the game. As a result, it is hard to predict all that without testing stuff first. Regardless, your best chance of running this game at this point is the Steam-release of the game, as already pointed out. That is (probably) the most promising alternative available to you - with such hardware. If you are using windows 10 - it might very well be the only functional alternative in that instance.

- A

Hi Axalon,

thank you for your comment, at the moment the game works well on DVD Rom with patch on windows 7.
    I already thought to make a X numbers of copies of the game and change the batch file names and install the mods in to the copies, i remember doing that years ago.
    I am just happy to play this game again i spend so many hours on this game then the vid card issue started many years ago, never understand why they didn't fix this from the makers of total war and make this game a little bit between MTWV and MTWII.
    But anyway thanks

Quote Originally Posted by typhil01 View Post
    Sorry, what are the minimum requirements for the game? I want to understand if I can install the game?
    Welcome to TWC, typhil01!

Nobody can answer your question without knowning what kind of a computer you have, so please post your specs.

But a fair guess would be, sure you can install MTW and play it as it doesn't require a high-end computer.

You shouldn't get any problem with that kind of spec you posted.