Thread: Siege equipment damage

Default Siege equipment damage

Hello there,

Is there a way to play around with files to make the damage to siege equipment more visible/bigger?

I mean - I usually see the damage on the siege towers only when they are already burning (so it does not matter) but what affects the chance of setting them on fire? Ideally, I would like to make it visible when a volley of burning arrows hits it - it shows some percentage of damage. Same applies to ram, not too sure if there is anything we can do about ladders?

Is this even doable?

Thanks!

Default Re: Siege equipment damage

apparently ladders are indestructible, as i found out to my disappointment here
    this is unfortunate, would be nice to see them destructible like the ram and towers. not sure it is possible though.

Default Re: Siege equipment damage

the chance of equpment caching fire i think is not moddable, if you want fire arrows or even normal ones to actually damage the siege equipment you need to look into descr_projectile.txt file

Code:
    projectile SelfBowArrow
    effect		        	arrows_new_set
    end_effect			arrow_impact_ground_set
    end_man_effect			man_impact_tiny_set
    end_package_effect       	arrow_impact_wall_set
    end_shatter_effect		arrow_impact_ground_set
    end_shatter_man_effect		man_impact_tiny_set
    end_shatter_package_effect	arrow_broken_impact_wall_set
    effect_offset	-1.5
    damage		0
    radius		0.1
    mass		0.05
    accuracy_vs_units		0.05
    affected_by_rain
    min_angle	-75
    max_angle	65
    velocity	45
    display		aimed
    effect_only
    i'd try chaning the "damage" to some number, 10, 40, idk

personally i disabled fire arrows so the suff i posted above is for normal arrows, generally you can easily distinguish between the two, the fire arrows are usually named "SelfBowArrow_Firery" or something like that

if it doesnt work then you can try looking at a balista/catapult projectile for reference and copy their stats so that arrows deal damage like them