Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future releases and submods

saneel's Avatar Senator

Default Suggestions for future releases and submods

I've made this thread for some suggestions that could be heard out and maybe even help for people who are willing to work on this mod in future. I was always in huge favor of units limit cap, because lets be honest, everyone of us veteran total war players has no issues with difficulty of the game,... Once you start up your economy, you get your strongest units and start spamming them, you steam roll the map! But when you would have limited cap of units, it would prove much more difficult and realistic to grow your empire,... you would need much more to look after diplomacy and calculate your wars and spreading much more. You would also need to much more rely on mercenaries. So I suggest this simple formula, for example:
    - every castle gives you only 1 available knight unit (mounted or dismounted), and each castle upgrade gives you 1+ men at arms unit and +3 professional troops available, so when you reach your 5 upgrade, from that castle you could recruit : 1 knight, 5 men at arms, and 15 other professional troops.
    - every town gives you 10 available units from it, until you reach huge city, from there you can recruit unlimited amount of troops, only problem is that they are not as close as good as those from castles.

Default Re: Suggestions for future releases and submods

We already have a unit cap. It's a matter of balancing, but you can't have all armies of Janissaries or elite knights for example. It does get replenished over time, so if you aren't losing your units you could theoretically make large elite armies. But if you are at war all the time it's not really possible.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yep in my Byzantine campaign at very hard I was just recruitinf what ever I could because of enemies at all sides. Even Serbs and Bulgarians betrayed and attacked me just as I was able to retake Galipolli and defeat all of Ottoman armies in Thrace. At this difficulty Romans are nightmare.

saneel's Avatar Senator

I just hope there is no stack spam all the time, like in some mods because its a little bit frustrating that you need to fight every turn enemy full stack.

You all know that historically, there was much less soldiers and population in middle ages, so when kingdom, or even empire got major defeat with huge loses, it resulted in lost territory for many years, even decades, until it got able to try to get it back.

For example, if you campaign with Byzantium in southern Italy, and you get close victory with big losses, you would be forced to sail back to Constantinople for replenishment and would hinder your campaign big time. Also, how much of difference will it be between common troops, militias and men at arms and later professionals?

It's just my opinion and suggestion, I know everyone has its own and likes games to be more realistic or not.

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

one good idea for the future is to add the Principality of Achaea, including the settlements of Patras and the Capital Andreville. Second, i wish to see a new settlement for the Duchy of Athens and Neopatria, thw Thebes, the real capital of Duchy this time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD18 View Post
    one good idea for the future is to add the Principality of Achaea, including the settlements of Patras and the Capital Andreville. Second, i wish to see a new settlement for the Duchy of Athens and Neopatria, thw Thebes, the real capital of Duchy this time.
    Not possible due to hardcoded limit on both factions on settlements. If you want to create your submod in the future, than that could possibly work.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

I think it would be nice for the player to be able to see the current year of the campaign in the main interface (like in the Stainless Steel mod).

Quote Originally Posted by dikaios View Post
    I think it would be nice for the player to be able to see the current year of the campaign in the main interface (like in the Stainless Steel mod).
    But but... You can? Bottom left corner

Notice that hungary has a zrynski dynasty and the croats have subic as their rulers.
    Those two are one and the same family just that the subic renamedthemself zrynski(zrinski) or hovewer u write their name in hungarian.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    Notice that hungary has a zrynski dynasty and the croats have subic as their rulers.
    Those two are one and the same family just that the subic renamedthemself zrynski(zrinski) or hovewer u write their name in hungarian.
    Hungary does not a have zrynski dynasty. Where did you get that from? The noble houses of Hungary are Anjou, Garai, Lackfi and Frankopan. They just have the zrinsky name in their database for random generals, there is no such dynasty.

aha
    cuz i saw a zrinsky general

Is it intended that constantinopolis has only one set of walls?
    It is to hard to keep.
    I just played and i vas confronted with 4 armies and i lost it in the first battle.
    I think it would have been better if i just waited in the midle of the city.

Next turn i reclaimed it and now i have many armies wandering around in my state
    I am alredy confronting 2 or 4 of those arys and i will be able to beat them soon but that is only cuz i dont have wars on my fronts.Im at peace with the ortodox factions,karamids are my vassals,aymids are not attacking me.The mongols are near i feel it

Now i got a mesage about kul units and that im able to recruit them.I cant find them anywhere!
    I got a mesage for the sokol archers and i can recruit them.

Are you playing Ottomans?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There isn't a "proper" Zrinjski noble house for Hungary but one member exists, he starts near Zagreb. Gyorgy Zrinyi (aka Juraj I Zrinjski or Juraj III Šubić Bribirski). AFAIK Zrinjski is a cadet branch of the Šubić family, they're not really one and the same.

Constantinople has a vanilla huge city battle map though with much better looking textures so it only has one set of walls.

The events that unlock units also have info on which factions can recruit them. Kul Units are for Karamanids not for Ottomans, it says so in the brackets.

Oh btw, it si possible to move and select ships from Ragusa's port, you just have to zoom the camera out

I know, they did not existe sametime.It is to early for the zrinski.
    Last edited by PavleSubich; January 06, 2021 at 05:58 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    I know, they did not existe sametime.It is to early for the zrinski.
    You are really starting to turn into a troll and have been so for quite some time (for example when you accused that serbian guy that you knew him from years ago and that he promised to make models for Tsardoms which was completely false). This is thelast reply you are getting from the team.

No, it's not too early for Zrinski. The mod covers the period 1345 - 1530, the Zrinski family already existed in Hungary in our time period. They were given the Zrin castle by Louis I. As jurcek already explained Juraj III Birbir took the name Jurj I Zrinski and he died in 1362. He is the Hungarian character that you see on the map.

Hello guys the mod is 2ypt or 4ypt;;;

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    You are really starting to turn into a troll and have been so for quite some time (for example when you accused that serbian guy that you knew him from years ago and that he promised to make models for Tsardoms which was completely false). This is thelast reply you are getting from the team.

No, it's not too early for Zrinski. The mod covers the period 1345 - 1530, the Zrinski family already existed in Hungary in our time period. They were given the Zrin castle by Louis I. As jurcek already explained Juraj III Birbir took the name Jurj I Zrinski and he died in 1362. He is the Hungarian character that you see on the map.
    Not models but flags.Do u want chat screens from facebook chat? It vas long time ago like in 2014. I had a diferent profile and u searched for any help.I saw that guy in the coments of the old tsardoms facebook page.He ofered help so i talked to him.He promised to make flags but then when i told u about him and u gave directions he ignored my mesages!!!
    Well early in the sense that they both exist in the begining of the game.Ask horbatos if that is historicly corect:
    Last edited by PavleSubich; January 08, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

Your name was thekingsmen xD

Like jurček alredy said there were several branches of Šubići, Zrinski was a branch that was given a fort of Zrin.

Juraj III of Bribir controlled fort of Ostrovica not far from Zadar . King Louis took Ostrovica from him in 1347 and he was instead given Zrin in Slavonia and was from then known as of Zrin aka Zrinski.

Like jurček alredy said there were several branches of Šubići, Zrinski was a branch that was given a fort of Zrin.
    OFC i know that!
    Now what im trying to tell u is that when i played as croatia i had my subic general at zagreb in turn 3 and then the hunarians send an army with a captn caled zrinski at me
    I dont think this could hapen at time of mladen,paul subis?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast