Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future releases and submods

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Suggestions for future releases and submods

Two things I personaly dislike in modding community.
    1ST: When a mod is under development and asking for help too few come to its aid...only by waiting others to do what their dreamed about a mod themselvs.
    2ND: When a mod finally is released but trying hard to stand on its feet by solving its "chilhood" problems , instead of helping solving thme , few people ask for more forgeting that even the tiny fragmant of a mod its self requires time and effort to be made.
    This post might look kind of agressive but please...let the team release a bug free version of the curent mod. HELP THEM if you know how. ONLY THEN ask for more.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Look wall waned reports and we are giving reports.
    If the mod had real problems we would report them but becouse the mod functions almost perfectly we are writing tiny like this or mising captain pictures for rebbel armies.
    I dont know what he wants to know.If he wants a certain faction il play that certian faction
    Im alredy to mighty with the ottomans i only send tree armies to a faction besige tree tovns and send a diplomat to make them my vassals and they agre
    Soft power <3
    Last edited by PavleSubich; January 08, 2021 at 01:37 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    OFC i know that!
    Now what im trying to tell u is that when i played as croatia i had my subic general at zagreb in turn 3 and then the hunarians send an army with a captn caled zrinski at me
    I dont think this could hapen at time of mladen,paul subis?
    Why do you keep trolling? Three team members have already replied to you. Yes, that general is Juraj I Zrinski (Juraj III Bribir). What is it so hard to understand? He was alive in 1345 and he is on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Two things I personaly dislike in modding community.
    1ST: When a mod is under development and asking for help too few come to its aid...only by waiting others to do what their dreamed about a mod themselvs.
    2ND: When a mod finally is released but trying hard to stand on its feet by solving its "chilhood" problems , instead of helping solving thme , few people ask for more forgeting that even the tiny fragmant of a mod its self requires time and effort to be made.
    This post might look kind of agressive but please...let the team release a bug free version of the curent mod. HELP THEM if you know how. ONLY THEN ask for more.
    I wholeheartedly second that. Your entire post should be on neon signs all around our forum. This is mainly the reason I am much more active in the Tsardoms closed Dev Forum than in public, I prefer to stay quiet than being excessively blunt. Some people insist on asking, complaining, making requests (sometimes even demands!), questioning decisions, but without making any practical contribution to the development of the mod, which some forget is just a hobby, done voluntarily by all of us. The way I see it, who wanted to take any part in the directions a mod would take, should have read tutorials, learned how to contribute, and then step up. That is exactly what I did 4-5 years ago.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

OK cool

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by kanteljic View Post
    I wholeheartedly second that. Your entire post should be on neon signs all around our forum. This is mainly the reason I am much more active in the Tsardoms closed Dev Forum than in public, I prefer to stay quiet than being excessively blunt. Some people insist on asking, complaining, making requests (sometimes even demands!), questioning decisions, but without making any practical contribution to the development of the mod, which some forget is just a hobby, done voluntarily by all of us. The way I see it, who wanted to take any part in the directions a mod would take, should have read tutorials, learned how to contribute, and then step up. That is exactly what I did 4-5 years ago.
    Date: Novenber 10th 2009
    Thread title: Please guide me to get started.
    Teachers:
    Absinthia
    Sumskilz
    Matthaeus
    Koultoyras
    Lord_Calidor
    Ceasar Clivus
    =NF= Vasileios_the2nd
    Socal_Infidel

The story was that coding and scripting were too complicated for me to learn. So I desided to help all those renown moddelers to finish the mod's rosters quiker.
    I bought milkshape back them because it was cheaper and easier. And i start learning to make models ussing parts of original model those great modelers already made.
    The thread had 10 pages of lessons for all steps i had to deal with.
    In the end when they retired i continued alone but they are all still there because i use parts of their original models.
    That was the way to help the modding team to procceed.
    As a requester? Ceasar Clivus once said "he is a mad man asking us crazy things" but they were great artists all and made my requests.
    Not to forget..the two major skin artists parts of theirs i still use:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco.
    Ofcource i use parts from textures made by:
    Matthaeus
    Socal_infidel
    Sumskilz.
    The result ?
    Two tutorials to pay back the help i recieved back then. Knowlege must be shared:
    Adding MARKA Horses in your mod or create new versions of them.
    Bowstring animated model creation

Conclusion: If you want to help. Ask advices how you can learn how to help and see the mod in full scale and fully enjoyable by everyone.
    Again I apologise if my "tone" in the post is a bit agressive.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hi!

I'm trying to make a recruitment from population submod.

This is the code i'm trying:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ; -------------- Arges: ---------- SETTLEMENT---------

monitor_event UnitTrained SettlementName Arges
    and TrainedUnitCategory infantry
    and not TrainedUnitClass missile
    console_command add_population Arges -150
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory infantry
    and TrainedUnitClass missile
    console_command add_population Arges -120
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory cavalry
    console_command add_population Arges -60
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory ship
    console_command add_population Arges -50
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory siege
    console_command add_population Arges -30
    end_monitor

monitor_event UnitDisbanded TrainedUnitCategory infantry
    and I_SettlementSelected Arges
    console_command add_population Arges 150
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitClass missile
    console_command add_population Arges 120
    end_monitor

monitor_event UnitDisbanded TrainedUnitCategory cavalry
    console_command add_population Arges 60
    end_monitor

monitor_event UnitDisbanded TrainedUnitCategory siege
    console_command add_population Arges 30
    end_monitor

; -------------- Arges_Region: ---------- PROVINCE---------

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Arges_Region
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio < 0.299
    freeze_recruit_pool Arges_Region false
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Arges_Region
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio > 0.300
    freeze_recruit_pool Arges_Region true
    end_monitor

I don't know why it doesn't work. How is it possible that this script works for all the other 20 mods i have installed, i adapted this script to all of them and it has always worked, but it's not working on this mod It's so strange.

I've tried deleting all other scripts in campaign in case there was a conflict, the add_population cheat is working in the console, i've also tried writing only this:

console_command add_population Arges 150
    end_monitor

I've tried with other settlements like Milan....

Nothing works! Does anyone know why?

Could the original modders of this mod introduce that type of recruitment and make it work?

It's my favourite script. Without it Medieval 2 is not the same, without this script i don't care who or how many soldiers die in battle, it doesn't matter because people are recruited magically from the air (how many soldiers you have becomes just a question of time and money). Without this script plagues don't matter because you don't recruit from people, when you see people in battle you know they came from the air, they become infinite, so you don't care about them anymore

I would appreciate if someone knows why this script is not working in this mod.

Thank you in advance.

I did it! i did it!!!

Now it works flawlessly. Here is what i did:

I compared all the files of this mod with all the files of the mods in which this script is working, using the app FreeFileSync.

I discovered that suspiciously there was a couple of files that Tsardoms didn't have in campaing folders. So i generated one of them from another file and the other i just had to copy from the mod itself. So i introduced them here:

\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt

\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt

\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt

\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_regions.txt

And i added the script into the
    \Medieval II - Total War\mods\Tsardoms_beta-1.4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

The other thing i had to do is to remove the script Skynet battle AI. And i installed ReallyBadAI (which is very good too). With that battle AI script it didn't work, because that script is inside campaign_script.txt and i don't know how it affects, but the recruitment script doesn't work with it.

Now everything works perfect.

I will add other cool features to this mod and i will publish the submod once i'm satisfied testing and playing, in case there's something else to do.

Thank you all, despite not having time to help me with this last problem. I'm sure if i wouldn't have found the solution "so relatively fast" someone would have helped

There is such thing as a good AI for med 2?
    Cant wait!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Population with recruitment awesome. Some polities have massive populations for their time compared to others. Before the plague.
    Do you intend to base population on game settlement sizes or is there a more historical approach to populations and therefore mercenary dependence.
    Not to mention the fact you are really not going to want your settlements sacked now!

Is it conceivable to consider Bohemia as a separate faction? I have no idea whether you have reached limit or whether you have any interest in adding any further factions. Aside from the possibility of Bohemia another Italian signora or another family in the Balkans.
    By another family it could represent either an ethnic Bulgarian, Serb or Vlach but ethnicity does not determine loyalty or religion. As many could be found married or alligned on any side at anytime.
    The various Despotates in the region are perfect example.
    I realise that the mod has shadow factions, but it doesn't allow you to choose Despotate of Lazar or Vdin. As opposed to another noble house or side with current monarch.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yes we are going to replace Shadow Hungary with Bohemia in the next version. The AI really can't handle the shadow hungary, it usually paralyses AI controlled hungary when it emerges. We will replace shadow hungary with various scripted rebellions and also potentially a coronation script for Hungary. Historically, when the hungarian king died the barons tried to take control of the realm so you would need to quickly go to your capital and get crowned otherwise you would face some serious rebellions.

The problem with another Italian faction is that it would be just another copy paste faction. We were thinking of beylik of germiyan too but again it would have nothing unique compared to aydin, karamnids. Bohemia would be very unique due to the hussite situation. There will be scripts to choose whether you support or fight against the hussites and you would get to recruit hussite units.

That does sound like a very good idea indeed. Not that I have anything against a "copy" faction it's units might have much in common. But the history and culture of whichever dynasty ( I use dynasties as opposed to ethnicity or definitely not state) you happen to choose. A Beylik would also be interesting if only to add spice to Anatolia
    I also think in certain regards dynasties/families have more effect than religion ( among ruling classes of a region)
    PS I imagine it will be difficult to get the Anjou to attempt to retake the throne of Hungary

PS.
    Apologies me again!
    Just to say though I might keep coming up with suggestions I have absolutely no complaints with things exactly as they are, I'm just thinking out loud.

I wondered could a let's call it a council of nobles (via script) depose Monarch and heir thus forcing player to side with nobility or reclaim throne? Before someone else
    Just a thought, reading a book on Sigismond
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 14, 2021 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes we are going to replace Shadow Hungary with Bohemia in the next version. The AI really can't handle the shadow hungary, it usually paralyses AI controlled hungary when it emerges. We will replace shadow hungary with various scripted rebellions and also potentially a coronation script for Hungary. Historically, when the hungarian king died the barons tried to take control of the realm so you would need to quickly go to your capital and get crowned otherwise you would face some serious rebellions.

The problem with another Italian faction is that it would be just another copy paste faction. We were thinking of beylik of germiyan too but again it would have nothing unique compared to aydin, karamnids. Bohemia would be very unique due to the hussite situation. There will be scripts to choose whether you support or fight against the hussites and you would get to recruit hussite units.
    Excellent stuff! Looking forward to it.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Is it conceivable to consider Bohemia as a separate faction?
    Are you psychic by any chance?

Ha ha awesome

Too bad Prague or more of Bohemia isn't in the map.

That was a really powerful city in the timeframe of this mod.

It is a problem, but I could say that about many great cities on the fringes of the map ( I would like in) in this case I won't be able to do Defenestratio Pragensis but then. I keep thinking oh Krakow and Kiev would be nice too.
    Edit:

I'm having a pretty good Albania campaign at the moment, I do not get to throw anyone at of windows but I was wondering should I expect Louis of Évreux coming for Durrazzo?
    The the Navarrese Company are in the mod somewhere else aren't they?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 17, 2021 at 11:39 PM.

Very nice addition indeed! Speaking of which...will the wagon forts be "fixed" next version? The current, almost indestructible idle wagons of doom just take away some flair of playing against the Hussites, which I know they are meant to be hard to beat as an emerging event, but the difficulty seems very artificially adjusted by having those wagons just be improvised XV century gun nests.

Bohemia looks so cool! Well done to the team. I have been playing MTW2 (quite literally) since it launched and I can say with absolute honesty that this mod is the best I've played. It's not even my favorite time period and it is STILL the best mod by a long shot. Looking forward to the new update and the above poster's population submod.

Cheers from Florida.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast