Thread: Napoleon's Battle Waterloo with French

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Napoleon's Battle Waterloo with French

Have you ever played Waterloo battle with French? I am looking for tactics, ideas, strategies to succeed with this battle as is the only one I am struggling with.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Napoleon's Battle Waterloo with French

I once did that, but it was years ago and I don't remember what tactic I used back then. So, play it and try different tactic each time.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

I'll try Napoleon approach and start attacking Hougoumont Farm, if it doesn't work I'll try to think other strategies. Thanks.

Generally speaking, Napoleon Total War is designed in such a way that copying Napoleon's tactics is usually the surest way to get obliterated! As far as I remember, there are two tactics that can grant you an easy victory in Waterloo.

1. Amass your forces and attack a specific wing of the British army (preferably the right one). You will take heavy casualties, but you will prevail thanks to sheer numbers and to how passive the AI is. Then envelop the remaining British and wait for the Prussians to defeat them in detail. That's how I won in Borodino.

2. The sneaky way is to ignore the British and park your army right next to the corner from where the Prussians appear. You can easily get rid of them without too much hassle and then concentrate all your forces on the British (enveloping them from their left side, this time).