Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: k-pop.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: k-pop.

Sissy games compared to real rugby, no body armour or tin hats for our boys.
    Fair enough, but my preferred game Ice Hockey - gives you a weapon
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    conon394,

I remember the days when my brothers and mates played ice hockey, my own mate being a goalie for Crossmyloof juniors. Me, I couldnae skate for love nor money. In fact the only time I tried was on borrowed skates the blades separating from the boot meaning I got nowhere and gave up.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Me, I couldnae skate for love nor money. In fact the only time I tried was on borrowed skates the blades separating from the boot meaning I got nowhere and gave up.
    See you problem was borrowing skates. My father handed down his old leather pair and made me stand in near freezing pond water till they soaked through and then wear them till they formed to my feet by shrinking a bit (or at least that's mumbo jumbo he surrounded his ritual in). Ahh family tradition. I am sure that's why I was good at skating backward, not just practice and some natural potential.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Ice hockey is a hard sport, the lack of friction makes the hits pretty real. The armour there is justified I feel.

Rugby is for kiddies, the offside rule protects 180' of their bodies. "Run at man in front" wow what a sport.

Australian rules footy is for adults. No armour, a pitch twice the size of US football, no offside to protect the blindside (no headshots or tripping but bumps and tackles are allowed). Hardly a dead ball and goals out the wazoo. Oh you can jump on other bloke's heads to catch the ball.

Like K pop Australian Rules Football draws in young people, makes them celebrities, injures their bodies and protects them from social consequences while they can play. The pressue to use drugs is strong, and may be pervasive. the social side is pernicious (plenty of junkies and sad cases among ex-players) but the performance enhancing side is very corrupting.
    Last edited by Cyclops; January 19, 2021 at 03:38 PM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Disney has been doing this to children since the 80s. If anything, South Korea is late to the party and quite unoriginal.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Cyclops,

Australia, is that not the land populated by people who never could keep any rules?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

It seems discussion about k-pop has stopped for some time now. Thread closed
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123