Thread: Apparently increasing the graphics reduces the likelihood of CTDs during battles

Default Apparently increasing the graphics reduces the likelihood of CTDs during battles

I had absolutely minimum graphics, and the game would crash in 50% of battles involving Celtic units. I crank it up to medium, and I haven't had a mid-battle CTD since. You can't explain that with science

Default Re: Apparently increasing the graphics reduces the likelihood of CTDs during battles

Curious.

Default Re: Apparently increasing the graphics reduces the likelihood of CTDs during battles

I suspect that low-resolution models cause issues? If anyone else is playing with the lowest possible settings, please chime in. Maybe the fact that I'm using the worst possible gaming setup (a Mac) is the reason why I'm getting so many crashes

That may be a fluke. Are you playing with 4gb support? Battles with huge unit sizes do need a bit more memory than Medieval II uses natively.

I'm on a mac, so I can't use that exe that modifies the M2TW executable.