Thread: Some possible future GW/CA cooperation

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Some possible future GW/CA cooperation

So in short very popular 30k and 40k writer and game designer from GW and Forgeworld Anuj Malhotra, recently joined Creative Assembly.
    https://www.facebook.com/a.malhotra2...01419550518405

I've had a fantastic time writing the narratives of, designing the rules for and concepting many of the models for the Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness game over the last few years with Forge World, but it's time for me to leave the crusade, and to begin my next great project.

I'm incredibly proud of the work I've done on the Horus Heresy and what I've achieved at Forge World. I'm also very confident in the game's future - some of the best is yet to come. Given the way we work years ahead of releases, you'll keep seeing my invisible hand on things for a long while yet, and I'll keep consulting and play-testing for the team for as long as they'll have me.

I want to thank the overwhelmingly talented people I've had the opportunity to work alongside again, as well as all of the super passionate fans of the game who I've enjoyed meeting and who've given the team so much useful feedback. I did it for you guys in the community, you've been excellent.

Lastly, a special shout out to my partner in heresy, Neil Wylie, for being an exceptional person to work with and continuing to be the driving force behind everything that's cool in the Age of Darkness. It has been just the two of us writing and designing these last few years, and I have every faith in him for the future.

As for me, from tomorrow I'll be designing computer games with Creative Assembly. Incredibly excited.
    One possibility is, the project/work might be related to Warhammer: The Old World...but that is basically Wh3, which should be far in production already.
    https://ageofminiatures.com/warhamme...ld-world-news/

First of all
    , it’s being developed by the Warhammer Studio in cooperation with Forge World studio (it’s still a bit unclear how exactly this works), which does many of GW’s “side projects”, usually in resin rather than plastic.
    Secondly, GW have referred to Warhammer: The Old World as a parallel to Horus Heresy, another Forge World game that chronicles the ancient history of the Warhammer 40,000 universe with rules that resembles that games earlier editions rather than its current edition.
    The possible second option might be, that CA..TW might go into 30/40K Warhammer...
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...0k-game#latest

Anuj Malhotra:
    Warhammer 40,000 and The Horus Heresy
    - Principal game designer
    - Narrative designer & background writer
    - IP generation, concept and product development
    - Brand ambassador: The Horus Heresy

- Published projects include:
    The Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness Rulebook
    The Horus Heresy Book Eight: Malevolence
    The Horus Heresy Book Nine: Crusade
    The Horus Heresy FAQ & Errata series

- Unpublished projects:
    Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Armour 16: Warmachines of the Space Marines (2017)
    Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Armour 17: [Untitled Space Marine project] (2018)
    Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Armour 18: The Talons of the Emperor (2018)
    Unannounced Horus Heresy project (2020)
    Unannounced project (2021)
    Unannounced project (2021)
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 10, 2020 at 04:58 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Default Re: Some possible future GW/CA cooperation

40k would be the most drastic divergence in design to date, not least of which because the very style of warfare is a complete contrast to what the Total War formula was built on.

Then again, I guess it's only limited by one's creative liberty.

Default Re: Some possible future GW/CA cooperation

Whatever they learn from 40k could help for modern tactics games. Battles are so quick as it is, I'd like to see them tackle mixed units.