Thread: AI keep making the General fight like a common soldier, i have some idea, help!!!

Icon9 AI keep making the General fight like a common soldier, i have some idea, help!!!

Don't get me wrong, I think the AI does an excellent job on the battlefield, except when they decide ' It's time to die, let's send the One '
    here is my idea:
    1. making a undead general by increasing hitpoint --> failed, max hitpoints only 15, hardcoded limit
    2. increasing hitpoints, armour stats in EDU.txt for general bodyguard, --> work okay when the the enemy's stack is led by an unit associate with Family Member, like i only increased Gallic General Bodyguard, not Arkoi, not any other type, so Rebel and those Early game's generals with a special type of bodyguard don't have the buff
    3. editing config_ai_battle.xml <general_unit> <max-engage-dist>0 or even -9999<.../><.../> --> help, i really don't know nothing
    4. creating a formation in descr_formations.txt or descr_formations_ai.txt contains only 1 general's unit and send that unit up some hill and wait. --> help!!!
    5. i saw in EDU.txt " ; category infantry, cavalry, siege, handler, ship or non_combatant ", what's the deal with that??
    6. increase all stat_mental (morale), +15 +20 +... for everything --> already did, work fantastic,enemies still run once their general die BUT rumors said that max stat_mental you can set is 18, hardcoded limit again http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rale-of-a-unit

My goal is make the AI's general not die stupidly during battle at any cost (i would love to see him die once i cut through the enemy's line like reality, if that's even possible), so he might be an immortal, or just stay out in some corner and wait. Either way, please help guys!!! @<>@tk u so much

Default Re: AI keep making the General fight like a common soldier, i have some idea, help!!!

Honestly the best and simplest solution. Is the opposite of what you said.

Give the general AI + 50 or even +20 Hp and he will be much harder to kill during fights, so the combat last longer. Theres a sub mod for it. And i think it honestly should be by default. The AI is only not suicidal when its a Infantry Unit. Because he is slow, and cant just run and tire himself out like the horse generals do. By the way dont take this as a form of criticism, i honestly would love AI generals to not be suicidal anymore, but i think thats an AI hard coded issue. If im wrong great, but it just does not seem possible on this engine. I just read the thread again and saw you already did. HA well i think your idea is interesting, Anyway to make these Generals stop acting like Banzai Charging units would be great.

Its this Mod

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?792182-Stronger-Generals-Harder-Battles

Last edited by moisesjns; December 09, 2020 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: AI keep making the General fight like a common soldier, i have some idea, help!!!

Nope. In that mod max hp you can give is 15. But it’s okay, 15 hp for general + unit’s morale +20, nobody runs. Real nice though.
    hype for 2.35a

Honestly the best and simplest solution. Is the opposite of what you said.

Give the general AI + 50 or even +20 Hp and he will be much harder to kill during fights, so the combat last longer. Theres a sub mod for it. And i think it honestly should be by default. The AI is only not suicidal when its a Infantry Unit. Because he is slow, and cant just run and tire himself out like the horse generals do. By the way dont take this as a form of criticism, i honestly would love AI generals to not be suicidal anymore, but i think thats an AI hard coded issue. If im wrong great, but it just does not seem possible on this engine. I just read the thread again and saw you already did. HA well i think your idea is interesting, Anyway to make these Generals stop acting like Banzai Charging units would be great.

Its this Mod

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?792182-Stronger-Generals-Harder-Battles

doesn’t this make the general almost undefeatable