Thread: The Winners of POTW 618 & 619, GPOTW 189 and UESW 520!

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default The Winners of POTW 618 & 619, GPOTW 189 and UESW 520!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

The winner of POTW 618 was RafSwi7

The winner of POTW 619 was Turkafinwë

The winner of GPOTW 189 was Gyrosmeister

The winner of UESW 520 was RafSwi7

RewardsRafSwi7: 1 competition point and +6 reps;
    Turkafinwë: 1 competition point and +3 reps;
    Gyrosmeister: 1 competition point and +3 reps;

I welcome all the contestants, all those who voted and those who just came here to once again enjoy the spectacle of beautiful screens!
    After a long break, I'm happy to announce the winners again and I won't lie if I say that I missed you all and your creativity. But stop the lyrics, it's time to get started.

The winner of POTW 618 revote is RafSwi7. The battle is in full swing, arrows are flying, there are screams and the clang of swords, you can hear the sound of shields and death rattles... And of course, by all the rules of the genre, someone gets a spear in the face (unlucky guy). But my God, I looked closer and realized that it wasn't a spear that hit him in the head, but an arrow! But that doesn't make it any easier for this guy anyway, let's leave him to die with honor.Great battle scene, great screen, congratulations RafSwi7!

Hey, but RafSwi7 won not only the POTW re-vote, but the UESW vote as well. His image of the Admiral standing impassively on the deck of a ship amid clouds of smoke, flames and spray was the best in this week's competition. Indeed, coolness is the best trait of a soldier. Once again, please accept our congratulations RafSwi7!

The winner of POTW 619 is Turkafinwë. What can I say about this participant? Other than that he is my colleague and a wonderful person who was thrown under the wheels of competitive chariots and almost single-handedly coped with it for several months? Probably also I can say that it makes great screens, like this one that won this week. The warriors standing on the hill appear to be guarding the bridge below. Since bridges are always strategic objects, the presence of military units in this place is quite logical. In addition to the excellent abilities of the Turk as a military commander, we can note the brilliantly selected exposure, which makes his screen the best in POTW this week. Congratulations, my friend, great job!

The winner of GPOTW 189 is Gyrosmeister. At first glance, we see the gloomy landscape of the North, looking at this screen you want to wrap yourself in a blanket and drink hot tea. But this is only at first glance. The beauty and grandeur of the North is fascinating, the peaks of the mountains are shrouded in clouds, the icy water in the river seems to be endowed with some magical properties... The frosty air seems to be permeated with magic... Wait, man, this is Skyrim, what else is there to permeate the air? Congratulations on your first place Gyrosmeister!

I would also like to remind you that voting continues in Picture of the Year 2020 voting thread and Game Picture of the Year 2020 voting thread contests. If you haven't voted yet, then you have time to do so, support the contestants and cast your votes for the screens that you think deserve it.

Finishing up summing the results of this week's contests, I would like to thank Turk for the work he did, which he did brilliantly. I was away for a long time and I think that it was not easy for the Turk, although he denies it like a real warrior. My friend, please accept my respect and gratitude, you are a great fellow!

That's all for today. I wish you all good luck in the upcoming contests and, as always, a huge thanks to everyone who participated and voted!
    Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Alex

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Winners of POTW 618 & 619, GPOTW 189 and UESW 520!

Congratulations to the winners.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Campidoctor

The Belgian Tyrannos has fallen!
    Personally I already embraced tyranny, but it's still nice to have you back at the show, comrade. Have a +rep for your faithful service.

Congrats to the winners.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations, RafSwi7, Turk and Gyrosmeister!

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    I always knew that the worst tyrants were the Belgians. But the dark times are over. My Soviet roots will not allow to destroy the fragile foundations of tolerance and democracy. Even if It have to ruin everything to the ground.

Thanks for kind words, comrade.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    I gave back my power like a good dictator does when his time comes. People can suffer a dictatorship for a time but not forever. Learn 5 more lessons about succesfull dictatorship via this link

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    I always knew that the worst tyrants were the Belgians. But the dark times are over. My Soviet roots will not allow to destroy the fragile foundations of tolerance and democracy. Even if It have to ruin everything to the ground.
    I know at least one country who would agree with you if only they could raise their hands in agreement.

Great to have you back and thank you!

Thanks everyone who voted for me and congrats to the other winners. Only one point to go and that shiny bronze medal will be mine.

Ohh, somehow my mom told me "don't touch the Belgians, just give them medals in silence".

Thank you. Yeah, you're one step away from bronze, mate. I hope that I will have the honor to announce this when it happens.

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Thanks, congratulations to other winners and participants.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, this is rather late, but damn! Some great pictures and how nice to see you back Alex! Didn't notice it was you until I saw the writeup, heh. Great job guys

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)