Thread: problem with savegame corruption after certain turn

Default problem with savegame corruption after certain turn

Hello, i am playing austria with the 1700 startdate and after the year 1732 all savefiles corrupt. I have already tried to reinstall ETW and to completly reinstall the mod with the same settings and fresh downloads. I have also tried the fix for for savegame corruption where u delete the script and nothing worked. All my other savegames work and even the ones before 1733 from this campaign. I can also play early savegames then save them before 1733 and load them again and they work so not all files i save get corrupted. I can even play way beyond 1733 and the game does not crash.. i just cant load the any of the savefiles after 1733. Has somebody an idea whats the cause or how one could fix it? My fear is that even new campaign would corrupted at that point. Thanks.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: problem with savegame corruption after certain turn

Welcome to TWC, guard102!

Are using mods and if you do what kind of mods?

Also, how many gamesaves do you have in the C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder?

The reason I ask is because ETW doesn't support compressed gamesaves while NTW does that and having too many gamesaves could sometimes corrupt a gamesave(s).

Almost forgot to mention. Where is ETW installed, is it in the Steam folder or is it outside of both UAC and the Steam folder?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7710-TDLC-0426
    Last edited by Leonardo; November 28, 2020 at 06:23 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I use iperial destroyer and i have changed the unit scale myself.
    there are only a handfull of savegames (completly reinstalled empire deleting everything)

It is installed in the steam folder.#

thank u

My save game has just corrupted, got up to turn 108 in early campaign and loading crashes to desktop

Foederatus

It's a known issue for many ETW players.
    What I've found online and it has really helped me was making a separate save at the end of each turn/ 2 turns.
    If/when the current savegame gets corrupted, one has the chance to fall back to a previous save.

Remember to also delete the auto_save and quick_save every turn -- for whatever reason, this kept things more stable.