Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing as Romani: How do you handle the massive influx of all those FM in the early game?

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Playing as Romani: How do you handle the massive influx of all those FM in the early game?

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    So if I can unpack this message, you just played EBII and came to the discovery that future leaders' education is a good thing and definitely something to spend on? I must say that this mod is truly marvelous!
    Nope.

Education was always a good thing, up to a point, in EB. Get over educated and it can become a malus rather than a bonus.

So, I built all the education building chain in Rome and parked my young FM there for education until "cultured" and then sent them on campaign until their 7.5 years of service was done.

But I had forgot that the education stops at age 28. By stops I mean that after age 28 an FM can't go up into the malus levels of education if he isn't already there. He can still get beneficial traits and ancillaries though. And that last bit was the part I had forgotten.

So, there's no downside to parking an FM over the age of 28 in a city with an academy. Before, I believed that they'd keep going up and up the ranks of educated until they became a rather useless academic idiot.

Default Re: Playing as Romani: How do you handle the massive influx of all those FM in the early game?

I think higher levels of education are not purely negative. They allow to get other traits and ancillaries easier the higher you fo, even if the trait itself its negative.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Good to know. Thanks.

Also, seems from the ingame info, Erudite is where the actual bonuses start?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12