Thread: Help with a softlock

Default Help with a softlock

Before I revert back to an earlier save, I thought I'd see if someone could help me move a buggy character that is preventing the game from progressing.
    I've used this method in the past successfully when it happened with an agent, but the game is refusing to allow me to move a general doing the same thing.

Its a known bug that units who try to cross bridges without enough movement points will softlock the game, and the only way to fix it is to move or destroy the character. It is a Polish general named Roman Becker who is stuck on a bridge and I cannot move him because the cheat menu will not accept that "Roman Becker" is his real name. Is there a method I can use to find his true name?

Default Re: Help with a softlock

Late, but for the record, perhaps try to select the general and replace his name with "this".

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help with a softlock

Pity I didn't see at he time: nope, that works only in the script.

It could be that there are multiple characters with that name or that the data spelling is incorrect, eg the name in curly brackets is different from the display name. Becker only exists as surname for the sicily (Utrechter Union) faction in descr_names. Roman is fine as polish first name.

There are however these entries in text\names: {Becker}Becker and {von_Lodsch}Becker. Which means the correct entry would have been Roman von_Lodsch

Rule of thumb: check in text\names if there are alternative data names for a display name
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 11, 2020 at 05:25 AM.