Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mods saved to an external hard drive crash whenever i try to play a battle

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mods saved to an external hard drive crash whenever i try to play a battle

There is no need to ever remove unused entries from the modelDB file. Adding is the only action required if needed.

Upload the file anyhow, I am quite intrigued.

Default Re: Mods saved to an external hard drive crash whenever i try to play a battle

Ah right, i wasn't aware of that, i thought if a unit wasn't present in the EDU then it shouldn't be in the battle_models file either! So i plonked your nice formatted version of the battle_models file into the mod instead of my mine, it still causes a crash with the vigamenn but at least its more readable to mine eye!

Before that though i did edit with IDLE the python file as you suggested, all pretty cryptic as you said too... It did throw out that same result as before of the string count error at line 1169.

But anyway, if you get a chance to look at my attached battle_models file that'd be great... You'll probably notice the rectangle characters denoting the end of each entry line (it was like that when i got it haha) and TBH i've never seen another battle_models file in any of my other mods written quite like that
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The file you uploading is in unix format (most likely why your editor is displaying the square) and is largely missing the space and the end of lines.
    Looking at the very first line the file appears to have been formatting with the more common method:
    Code:
    22 serialization::archive 3 0 0 0 0 258 0 0 
    10 mount_pony
    This is how most of mine look now after using Gracul's Unit editor to put a final format on them:
    Code:
    22 serialization::archive 3 0 0 0 0 676 0 0 
    5 blank 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    10 mount_pony
    I'll have a closer look at your file at some time and will let know the result hopefully before the end of the week.

I tried pretty much everything - including copying that section from another model, but the checker insists in the error. I moved the model to the bottom of the file now. The checker otherwise gives proper results and other checkers did not find an issue.

Here is the file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 03, 2020 at 03:01 AM.

Ah there's no rush at all, but thanks for taking the time looking into it for me

Its just really frustrating wondering what the hell the issue is with them in battles... They're a pretty poor unit and i doubt i would miss them in campaign play if i got rid of them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12