Thread: Is there ay magic in this mod or any other Total War Middle Earth-type mods?

Default Is there ay magic in this mod or any other Total War Middle Earth-type mods?

I like magic and spellcasters. Are there any spellcasters or magic in this mod or in any Middle Earth-type mod for Total War that you know of; Warhammer Total War seems not ot have a Middle Earth mod. Middle Earth with some magic is what I want, not necessarily a full magic system but something like LOTRO, BFME 2, or the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game by Games Workshop.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there ay magic in this mod or any other Total War Middle Earth-type mods?

A number of main character's have special abilities which is about as close as you will come to magic in M2TW. Some scripting like the 'magic eye' thing that reveals areas of the map aren't that bad either.

What kind of magic did you have in mind?

Default Re: Is there ay magic in this mod or any other Total War Middle Earth-type mods?

Well maybe Gandalf could have a few spells, maybe a shaman here or there. Soemthing like the LOTR Strategy Battlegame ot the War of the Ring expansion of that game. Something in the middle fantasy genre.

Blog Entries

Well, give 'Third Age' a try. Move up and install submods for it (see the dedicated forum for it) that promise what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Well, give 'Third Age' a try. Move up and install submods for it (see the dedicated forum for it) that promise what you are looking for.
    Thanks so much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Hi I played Third Age TW several years ago and plan on installing it again soon. I saw on ModDB that there was an unofficial v4.0. The steam link you shared is v3.2. It sounds like the 4.0 version might have added details that some might not like - I see Dwarves for example start with 50,000 gold. Do you have a recommendation for which version to start with, and/or some solid submod recommendations to throw on top?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mtbizzle View Post
    Hi I played Third Age TW several years ago and plan on installing it again soon. I saw on ModDB that there was an unofficial v4.0. The steam link you shared is v3.2. It sounds like the 4.0 version might have added details that some might not like - I see Dwarves for example start with 50,000 gold. Do you have a recommendation for which version to start with, and/or some solid submod recommendations to throw on top?
    The 'unofficial v4.0' mod is nothing more than a submod for TATW with TATW already being included in its install file, something that is done quite often these days. You can't install a submod for TATW on the 4.0 version as it consists of TATW and a submod. Submods are all meant for v3.2. Here at TWC we still respect the wishes of the original TATW team, that stated that they do not want TATW to be included in any TATW submod install file.

It would have been good if the modder that released the 'unofficial TATW v.4.0' would have named it something else, or at least would add a warning that you can't use it as a base for installing submods.

In the submod forum HERE you can find submods for TATW 3.2. You obviously already know about ModDB.
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 10, 2021 at 04:44 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze