Thread: How to move buildings from a mod to another one?

Icon5 How to move buildings from a mod to another one?

Hello, I need to move the buildings of the Aztecs from the Americas DLC to a mod made for Vanilla (I own both dlcs). I already tried modifing the export_descr_buildings, export_descr_buildings_enums, export_buildings, added the folders blockset and settlements. Nothing seems to work. Any idea what are the files I need to copy and the texts I would have to edit/add? Do I need the IWTE or some other tool?

Default Re: How to move buildings from a mod to another one?

This is a link to my crash log https://pastebin.pl/view/626e40d0

It looks like it might be missing the UI stuff last bit in main log before it got stuck in the triggers was:

exists: missing mods/Europe/data/ui/mesoamerican/buildings/#mesoamerican_temple_pagan.tga

have you copied those over? And if re-named the buildings or used them for a different culture did you include re-named .tga.s?

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    It looks like it might be missing the UI stuff last bit in main log before it got stuck in the triggers was:

exists: missing mods/Europe/data/ui/mesoamerican/buildings/#mesoamerican_temple_pagan.tga

have you copied those over? And if re-named the buildings or used them for a different culture did you include re-named .tga.s?
    Hey, thanks for the answer. So when I add a new building I need to add a ui with the name of the culture or faction? I will try that later!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

a question about ui and cultures:

i renamed the eastern_european culture into slavic culture. last part is still to rename all the building UI´s into #slavic...XY
    anyway - i´ve tested the build to see if i missed anything code related and it´s working on campaign map. i can siege slavic settlements from village to city (didn´t add a large_city settlement, but i think the game will use the SE generic L_C).

my log now allways says this after i´ve tested a campaign siege slavic settlement:
    Code:
    02:55:55.276 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/banners/main_spear.mesh (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/faction_variations/croatia/Faction_banner_england.texture
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/Banners/textures/faction_variations/croatia/Faction_banner_england.texture
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/Faction_banner_england.texture (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/Faction_banner_england.texture (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/faction_variations/croatia/Faction_banner_england_trans.texture
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/Banners/textures/faction_variations/croatia/Faction_banner_england_trans.texture
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/Faction_banner_england_trans.texture (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/Banners/textures/Faction_banner_england_trans.texture (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.277 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/banners/main_spear.mesh,,,-51473
    02:55:55.291 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

02:55:55.423 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/config_ai_battle.xml (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.423 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC_melt/data/config_ai_battle.xml,35110
    02:55:55.423 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/config_ai_battle.xml (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.425 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/battle_config.xml (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.425 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC_melt/data/battle_config.xml,10744
    02:55:55.425 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/TGC_melt/data/battle_config.xml (from: J:\me2tw)
    02:55:55.431 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/banners/main_general.mesh,,not found
    02:55:55.431 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/banners/main_general.mesh,118869
    what can this error be? the game doesn´t seem to have a problem for now, but i can no longer use custom battlemaps anymore for any settlement and any culture.
    before this change i´ve also changed the greek culture into romiac and all went well. if it´s just the missing UI, then i will find out soon.

did someone experienced this as well?

I'm guessing that although it's defaulting to use the SE settlements it isn't exactly happy about it!

If you want them to keep using the SE stuff and be available in custom-battle you need to just make .worldpkgdesc for each settlement level (use existing SE ones as a base, and change the culture to 'slavic'

that should then allow the 'slavic' culture to be populated into the custom battle drop down menu under settlement level

The fact that greek worked is probably because of a quirk of where the greek factions are in the sm_factions list - it only causes a problem with you accessing the other cultures in the drop-down list if it's trying to put the culture which doesn't have pkgs set up into the first slot... which one that is depends on the sm_factions order (though not in the obvious 1st is 1st type way!)

hi,
    thank you for relpying.
    it seems that the missing UI did the crash in the custom battles menue. after i renamed my EE files into slavic, the error disapeared and custom battles with settlements are available again.
    i think the game need UI for #slavic_village and so on to run smooth as this icons are used in the siege menue in the campaign.

other buildings can use generic placeholders.

so i´m back on track
    i try now to add techtree buildings into the map. you´ve delivered very good tutorials for this .

doublepost
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 25, 2021 at 09:04 AM.