Thread: HELP: Any modification I make to the campaign map crashes the game

Default HELP: Any modification I make to the campaign map crashes the game

Hello. So I'm back from a long time.

I'm trying to enable religion in a mod I'm playing (Narnia Total War), but for some reason whenever I do any modification to the descr_regions file in the data\world\maps\base folder and delete the map.rwm file in order to apply the changes, the campaign stops working. When I select a faction and click on the arrow to start the game, it sends me back to the main menu. There is no show-err message after I close the game.

I have made some experiments and come to the realization that my game generates a broken map.rwm file after I delete the original, but if I don't delete the original, the changes I made to descr_regions will not be applied. Even if I don't change anything at all, just deleting the map.rwm file is enough to cause the crash. It seems that my game can't generate a functional replacement.

Does anyone have any explanation for why this is happening, and most importantly, does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I just need my game to generate a functional map.rwm that doesn't crash the campaign. This should happen automatically in vanilla, as it always did with me.
    Last edited by es157; November 17, 2020 at 05:38 PM.

Default Re: HELP: Any modification I make to the campaign map crashes the game

If I get it right, the game crashes even if you don't make any change just by deleting the existing map.rwm file.

One question, do this mod come with an already generated map.rwm in the mod folder? If so, the problem might be at the root, maybe the developers changed something after generating the map and included is as it was for release.

Try this: first, delete the whole mod folder and try reinstalling it. Then, delete any map.rwm present. Try to launch the campaign this way.

If it doesn't work, try to download the mod again and do the same steps I mentioned before.