Thread: Is there a way to play EB II with English unit/building names like in the first one?

Default Is there a way to play EB II with English unit/building names like in the first one?

Hi everyone, I am someone who loved the first EB. Seriously hats off to you guys for the incredible work you do.

I've played through it a bunch and conquered the world with different factions. That being said I want to play the second one. However all the videos I've seen on youtube show only native names and not the English names in parenthesis like the first one had. Before I install EBII, I want to know if there is an option or a mod that shows the English names. If not, I can always go back to the first EB, but I would really like to play the second one.

Thank you.

Default Re: Is there a way to play EB II with English unit/building names like in the first one?

The English unit names are found in the unit details (right click on the unit portrait and a detailed description pops up)

Default Re: Is there a way to play EB II with English unit/building names like in the first one?

Cool thank you for the reply. Is there a mod available that always has it on display like in the first EB?

I am sorry that I cannot help you, but why are the native names such a deal breaker? One of the greatest things about EBII is that it creates an amazing sense of immersion and historical accuracy, and I don't recall anyone else complaining about it. You'll get the hang of it in no time, I'm sure.

I do understand, especially because it gets really hard to know what units they are. You could solve that by editing the export_units file in data/text with notepad++

There is a way: edit the text files concerned to show only those. A time-consuming activity, but if it matters that much to you, it should be a worthwhile investment and other people might be interested in downloading it too.