Thread: Chevrons go up but experience doesn't, is there a fix?

Default Chevrons go up but experience doesn't, is there a fix?

In Empire as the units continue to gather experience points, the Chevron’s increase but there are no changes in the experience levels. As each Chevron is added to the unit card there should be a corresponding increase in various aspects of experience, such as accuracy, reloading skill, morale etc., does anyone know if there is a fix for this? It works perfectly in Napoleon but never in Empire.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default Re: Chevrons go up but experience doesn't, is there a fix?

Hi,

I have the same bug and only noticed this recently !

Since my game is heavily modded, i assume it's my fault somewhat. I still search what i did wrong in the first place. I also added the actual bonus table from the main.pack into my modded one to see if there would be any change, i am still testing various settings.

Is your game modded as well or vanilla ?

Are you sure it's a bug? ETW shows stats adjusted for experience and tech only during battle when you pause and right click on the unit, otherwise it just shows base stats.

Hi,

I think it's a bug, because i realized at some point the units did not show their boosted stats on campaign map so it must have been visible before or it wouldn't have bothered me too !?

Still, maybe you are right and it showed in NTW but not in Empire. In any case, like you said, i opened a veteran unit details during a battle and they had visible bonuses to accuracy, morale, attack/def etc. so they do work, it's just weird that it doesn't show on campaign map as well ...

It's difficult to "see" the chevron-improvements of various unit types during a battle, particularly if one has a general with morale bonuses that makes friendly routs very uncommon.

However I can definitely see an improvement in my artillery accuracy (both long guns and howitzers) as they hit 2 and then 3 chevrons. This is most noticeable:

- for long guns when employing counter battery fire at slightly greater than Effective Range (the arc marked in red on the battle map).; and

- for howitzers in sieges when firing up at troops on the wall.
    Napoleon Total War Play-Throughs:

Italian Campaign - VH/VH (completed Late May, 1797)

Egyptian campaign - VH/VH (conquered all provinces Late Nov. 1800)
    Prussian Campaign - VH/VH (in progress)

Just because you CAN buy that shiny bauble - doesn't mean you SHOULD buy it.

Sylla,
    One of the things I love about TW games is the increase of experience. Seems to me that Empire (ETW) use to work right in the beginning ( I could be wrong). I tried removing all my mods but it didn't change.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Sar1n, I will try what you suggest. I never right clicked during battle.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Thanks William, I will try what Sar1n suggested and report back to you guys.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox