Thread: RotR Questions, Observations and Suggestions

Default RotR Questions, Observations and Suggestions

Questions first: Has optimization been improved since the 10th anniversary release? Minutes-Long delays on turn ends (suspiciously hanging on Russia fairly often) makes RotR campaigns a bit of a slog. Related to slog is the veritable proliferation of army stacks from some factions. Non-redone factions like Austria can seem to have an unlimited supply of armies and steamroll neighbors. Prussia also seems to bloat, and so does France. Comparatively, the factions with unit caps are much more manageable, but obviously have trouble if they war with one of the unlimited recruitment factions. USA is a regular victim of this.

Suggestions: Universal unit caps for all factions is an idea some mods use for controlling AI bloat (and I imagine) lag. I think that's a little unreasonable, as the amount of land one conquers should allow a player to expand their army size. I think a better way to control both AI and player growth would be to strangle the economy somewhat. Maybe touching the actual economy is unnecessary--but higher upkeep on regiments might work well.

Unrelated to performance and play: Has the team considered the ephemeral 'Rumford' Bavarian uniforms designed by Benjamin Thompson? They're period appropriate and absolutely fit the bill for strange uniforms worn on the eve of the Revolution. https://historyin172.blogspot.com/20...hagen.html?m=1 here's a good collection of source images for them---and the Conde army maybe used the helmets at some point?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: RotR Questions, Observations and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandair View Post
    Questions first: Has optimization been improved since the 10th anniversary release? Minutes-Long delays on turn ends (suspiciously hanging on Russia fairly often) makes RotR campaigns a bit of a slog. Related to slog is the veritable proliferation of army stacks from some factions. Non-redone factions like Austria can seem to have an unlimited supply of armies and steamroll neighbors. Prussia also seems to bloat, and so does France. Comparatively, the factions with unit caps are much more manageable, but obviously have trouble if they war with one of the unlimited recruitment factions. USA is a regular victim of this.

Suggestions: Universal unit caps for all factions is an idea some mods use for controlling AI bloat (and I imagine) lag. I think that's a little unreasonable, as the amount of land one conquers should allow a player to expand their army size. I think a better way to control both AI and player growth would be to strangle the economy somewhat. Maybe touching the actual economy is unnecessary--but higher upkeep on regiments might work well.

Unrelated to performance and play: Has the team considered the ephemeral 'Rumford' Bavarian uniforms designed by Benjamin Thompson? They're period appropriate and absolutely fit the bill for strange uniforms worn on the eve of the Revolution. https://historyin172.blogspot.com/20...hagen.html?m=1 here's a good collection of source images for them---and the Conde army maybe used the helmets at some point?
    We integrated Pike's AI work in order to keep the duration of a term in a reasonable time frame. In addition, Russia and Prussia will get the AoR system to and therefore a unit-limit. And yes, that's actually the plan for the Bavarians. Only that they are not at the top of our list. But thanks for the pics!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop