Thread: Can't start CD Rome 1 in Windows 10

Relentless Hunter 7's Avatar Libertus

Default Can't start CD Rome 1 in Windows 10

Greetings guys.
    I had a surge of nostalgia and decided to re-install RTW along with BI and Alex, all patches included. The games demanded I run them with "administrator privileges", no matter where I installed them. Specifically the message said "please login with administrator privileges and try again". So I did and ran it as an admin but nothing happened. I couldn't get any of the three to work. I searched online and something came about some windows update back from 2015 that messed up with older games on CD (thanks Microsoft, as usual...).

Does anybody know more about this? Could someone help? Thanks.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Can't start CD Rome 1 in Windows 10

I've sent you a pm with help if you want to use it
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Can't start CD Rome 1 in Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless Hunter 7 View Post
    Greetings guys.
    I had a surge of nostalgia and decided to re-install RTW along with BI and Alex, all patches included. The games demanded I run them with "administrator privileges", no matter where I installed them. Specifically the message said "please login with administrator privileges and try again". So I did and ran it as an admin but nothing happened. I couldn't get any of the three to work. I searched online and something came about some windows update back from 2015 that messed up with older games on CD (thanks Microsoft, as usual...).

Does anybody know more about this? Could someone help? Thanks.
    It looks like you have encounter the SafeDisc issue and here is more information about how to get RTW started in Windows 10.

Or buy Rome Total War - Anthology (retail with RTW, BI, and Alexander separately) from your local game store.

I have it myself and I know you can launch it from CD/DVD without a problem just to install it. After that no disc is required to play.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.