Thread: Normal vs Hard Campaign diffficulty

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Normal vs Hard Campaign diffficulty

Hi!

Can you give me main differences between normal and hard campaign difficulty in Dei ? I'm not really decided which should I play.

Default Re: Normal vs Hard Campaign diffficulty

I`m fairly sure the difference is the same as in the base game (you can find a table for that easily).

However, since DeI is considerably harder overall, higher difficulties can sometimes make it challenging.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

basically... money gained, money costs, PO and AI aggressiveness, even if you could say that pretty much everything will slightly change.
    my advice is to play it on hard (normal for battles, even if you can pick hard for non crucial battles) and pay attention during the first part of the game, you may risk to be somehow swallowed but it gives more satisfaction.
    normal could lead you to a quicker steamroll

ps. as a note, not everything about difficulty is in that db table, some things are hardcoded and some other differ through scripts.

Indeed, as Jake said there are a few hardcoded things from the base game like AI aggressiveness and being a lot more willing to declare war.

DeI does have its own custom bonuses for difficulty that are somewhat similar to vanilla in effect but not always in size. Most of our difficulty adjustments come from Imperium level for the AI.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----