Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Uh oh..

Is this still on going?
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Quote Originally Posted by a1aska View Post
    Has anyone heard of any updates on this? I hope this wasn't the ultimate fake news of 2020
    The thread was created by Germanicu, impossible to be just fake news.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Has anyone spoken to him since then? Jonesing for an update

Why do this? Why give me hope...

So this is dead again I guess
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Let's have faith.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

why not can see the photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Hi guys,

it's still bugging me, that SS 7.0 has never seen the light of day, despite great amount of time our team contributed to it.
    This is why I have started a salvage project intended to release the content that had been developed and agreed on by the development team between 2011 and 2014.

Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files
    ETA: 6 weeks (beta-ish)

I am in no condition to provide full support, integration, bugfixing etc, that is why I am counting on integrating/bugfixing help from this great community. Nevertheless this is the closest we will get to 7.0.
    Luckily I dug out all contributions and integrations by gracul, I have all the mods I developed, so code-wise we are good.

So what kind of content can you expect?

1. Full Preview I features
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Preview I: Gameplay Features

Stainless Steel team proudly presents new line of gameplay-enhancing modifications deeply rooted in medieval history. Bringing you more fun every day.

Great Discoveries
    Great Discoveries let you recreate paths of most daring naval and land voyages, shaping your own history of exploration.
    Features:
    - 3 sea and 2 land exploration directions
    - 14 landmark discoveries recreated
    - everything based on historical travels and art
    - prestige, titles and income attributed to each journey
    - possibility to rewrite history and speed up some game events
    - triggered by owning certain regions and maintaining fleet on high seas

Autonomous Regions
    A bow towards sovereignities that fell victims to game engine limitations.
    Features:
    - Reenactment of 4 Autonomous Fiefdoms at player's disposal
    - Granting partial independence results in large variety of possible bonuses, depending on region's historical background

Advanced Missions and Rewards
    A whole range of totally new customised missions and rewards opening exciting gameplay-enhancing possibilities. Directly utilised in some of below mentioned modifications.

Papal Investiture
    As expressed by the entire crusade movement, The Pope is desperate to keep political supremacy in christian world
    Features:
    - When in need, the Pope will ask you to lead a purely punitive expedition against Pagans or followers of Allah
    - The sole purpose of such endeavour is death and destruction
    - Varying rewards and bonuses
    - From time to time His Holiness, when feeling such urge, may ask you to return crusade target in order to fulfill obligations towards the Holy Church
    - You will be greatly awarded... or punished for not doing so, this will affect your position among other christian rulers

Terminate Crusading Army
    During crusades period the problem of each non-christian ruler was not if, but when a pack of greedy, yet zealous individuals makes land at their footstep, now is the time to show them the power of Allah... or Perkun.
    Features:
    - Rewarding missions for targetting invasion forces
    - Randomised goals and rewards

Golden Age
    Every civilisation reaches its peak at some point, you can ensure it occurs during your rule
    Features:
    - each exploration stage and great building constructed brings you closer to your goal
    - your population will benefit from greater productivity, growth rate and trade income once Golden Age starts

Spoils of War
    New complex Spoils of War script awards player for battle victories.Features:
    - new system of rewards : attacker gets more money
    - winning with odds against a player gives additional funds, particularly when heavily outnumbered
    - the bigger AI army is, the better rewards
    - when scoring a heroic victory against much bigger enemy, additional reward from The Council may be granted

Leader Development
    Specifically constructed to award adventurous faction leaders
    Features:
    - achievement tracking
    - a range of innovative and most satisfying rewards
    - rewards get better with game progress

Privateers
    An opportunity to invest into shady, yet profitable entrerprise
    Features:
    - Player can issue letters of marque to a privateer
    - A share in bounty will be issued to player
    - If privateer is caught, your reputation wil suffer

New Background \ Loading Screens and Art

2. 80% - 100% of Preview II features

Preview II: Gameplay Features II

The Stainless Steel team proudly presents the second line of gameplay features. Remember folks, this is not everything we have!

Re-emergent Factions

Interactive Festivals

Ally Assistance

Controllable Inquisitors

Godlike Difficulty

Autopillage

3. New Economy Script (tested over nearly 3k turns)
    FRSM01 is the choice, I hope the content is at least vaguely clear, tested on autoplay and monitored via scripts and Debugview)Attachment 362958

4. Gracul's Bugfixes, integrations, features as per list
    (internal communication)Attachment 362957

5. New setup and installer (Steam-compatible)

Later stage:
    6. Community bugfixes
    7. RC/RR 2.0 integration
    8. Content by Kahvi and HoTW
    9. Other content

More details to come in the following weeks.

Regards
    CAN you post or upload all the photos again ,I could see it on the web here . thanks

[IMG]file:///C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Tencent\Users\260365783\QQ\WinTemp\RichOle\_LZ~TW6]O%3_SG1@{``6U}P.png[/IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	364394
    I could not see the photo ,can you upload it again,thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Economy.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	364445

Name:	graculdiff.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	364446
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Can you upload the photo of Knights Hospitaller and The Knights Templar sent before ,again?thanks

Last year I can see the photos ,but now ,I can not see it on the site here

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post

Name:	graculdiff.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	364446

Is this still happening? I got a couple suggestions.

We believe

Late to the party as usual.
    Didn't notice this thread when it was first posted.
    S.S. 7.0 was always assumed to be a mythic object, something that one might hope to find, but was told it was never going to happen.
    I've forgotten most of what I knew about modding -but would be happy to test and suggest improvements etc.
    My wishlist be short :

A simple all-in-one installer that installs everything needed for the base game.
    Make it simple to add mods, bug fixes etc.

erm that's about it.

My couple suggestions would be a change for Aventuros, they should not be a Tercio Unit but a 2 handed sword (Montante) one.
    For historical reference:
    From the mid-15th century onwards, the lower and middle-ranking leadership of Portuguese expeditions and of the resulting overseas outposts were the fidalgos – gentlemen descended from the old knightly class. The importance of such men was highlighted by Azurara (Gomes Eanes de Zurara) during the second half of the 15th century. His Chronicle of the King Dom Joćo I described the force assembled to attack Ceuta, the most enthusiastic being younger men who ‘ardently desired to acquire the merits of those who had given them life [their fathers], and following their example, to furnish proofs of their courage and loyalty’.

“Success led to a rapid expansion of a class known as the ‘nobility of service’, so that by the 16th century numerous fidalgos from minor and often poor aristocratic families would hang around the royal court, eager for a chance to show their worth. Consequently, the Portuguese government was able to employ large numbers in its armadas and overseas captaincies, their exploits filling the 16th century chronicles and literature.”
    Nicolle ill. Embleton 2012 p13-14

So now that we established that leadership was from Nobility let’s look at their conduct:

Crowley 2015 p228
    “The military code of the fidalgos valued heroic personal deeds over tactics, the taking of booty and prizes over the achievement of strategic objectives. Men-at-arms were tied by personal and economic loyalties to their aristocratic leaders rather than to an overall commander. Victories were gained by acts of individual valor rather than rational planning. The Portuguese fought with a ferocity that stunned the peoples of the Indian Ocean, but their methods were medieval and chaotic and, not infrequently, suicidal.”
    The historian Joćo de Barros summarized its consequences for captains and commanders: ‘that in decisions about whether to fight … so that honorable deeds may be done, even if dangerous, they must not raise objections based on the personal safety of their lives.’ Henceforward prudence was impossible. No one felt able to refuse an engagement, however rash, without accusations of cowardice. Only bravery of the most explicit kind would suffice. The honor code of the fidalgos was accentuated to the extent of an emphasis on hand-to-hand combat over the distant destruction of cannon fire."

Crowley 2015 p278 (describing fidalgos at Goa, 1512)

“[T]he nobles wished to wield their enormous two-handed swords in heroic single combat, winning booty and polishing their reputations…”

Fidalgos who were nobles, clad head to toe in an expensive full set of armour, always at the top commanding positions, and also formed the veritable “spearhead” of assaults. Most notably, they wielded some scary two-handed swords the Portuguese called montante which in the right hands was capable of cutting an un-armoured person (arguably the most common kind of foe the Portuguese faced in the east) in half, if the chronicles are to be trusted. But because they were nobles, they weren’t bound to any kind of uniformity when it came to arms or armour, so it varied; they also used shields, broad swords and halberds. Rather uniquely, these nobles were accompanied into the heat of the fray by personal servants who would carry their weapons and fight alongside them.

Also Portugal should have Grand Carrack as they were the main Naval power until 1580.

Hope to not need to wait 10 more years for the next update.

What the hell happened? Is Germanicu5 gone?

I mean... Ok.... this mod is for free and we don't pay a single cent to the creators.

But what is the point in making such a post and then just disappear again? We are not in a demanding position or something as we already long forgot about this. But I really would like to know the reasoning behind such an announcement if there is no plan to actually release anything even close to the given timeframe of 6 week(ish)?

I find myself comming here too often just to check for news. I think I have to stop this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

Just found this today. Seems 6 weeks has now turned into a full year. Fingers crossed we hear something eventually.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast