View Poll Results: Do you like the Battle Announcer?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

4 57.14%
  • Dislike

3 42.86%

Thread: Poll: Battlefield Announcer - Like or Dislike?

Icon1 Poll: Battlefield Announcer - Like or Dislike?

Also, do you think it adds immersion, or the contrary?

I could've posted this on Medieval 2 Forum, but I'm particularly interested in the opinion of SSHIP players, as people probably relate immersion to realism here.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 01, 2020 at 02:26 PM.

Default Re: Poll: Battlefield Announcer - Like or Dislike?

what do you mean with that?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

This guy.

The ones from Medieval 2, respectively, ofc. (Couldn't find a video quickly enough)

For example, personally, I don't like them very much, I dislike that the music (And the rest of the audio? Can't remember) get interrupted when he speaks, After the years I've come to a point when I like to play with no green markers, no floating flags, no minimap, sliding command buttons, and the clicking sfx with much lower volume, for immersion. Oh, it's a bit off topic, but for someone alike, I'd recommend trying to learn to play without unit cards: the banner carriers, army formation and unit spacing become a whole new level of important. I get that the announcers are a sort of a classic thing of the series though.

I think It'd be amazing if a random knight would ride off his formation towards the general and then trigger the voiceline, like the rest of the voices, just a bit louder, and then get back to his unit! Or better, a bodyguard, given that the general has view of the army or battle in that moment, or else it wouldn't trigger, etc.

In either case. I will left them in for my minimod, but I'll probably look up if I can stop the lowering of the volume, and include it as and option.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 01, 2020 at 02:57 PM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

I loved Marcus or whatever his name was in RTW haha. Yeah i think he proves valuable info for begginers rly, but he just talks too much even on the lowest settings , and interrupts and pops up everytime which can become a nuisance for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    I loved Marcus or whatever his name was in RTW haha. Yeah i think he proves valuable info for begginers rly, but he just talks too much even on the lowest settings , and interrupts and pops up everytime which can become a nuisance for most.
    I don't mean the advisor, nor the narrator, but the one that tells, for example, that the enemy general has died, you've won the battle, etc.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

'The gate has fallen!" - brings back memories of conquests past.

To disable that you need to edit the export_descr_sounds_units_battle_events file and then generate a new set of data\sounds\events files.

Call me a stick in the mud, but I voted 'dislike.' Yes, it brings back memories of campaigns past. But I've been around long enough that I don't need someone stating the obvious all the time.

Still, I like the accented campaign-map voices even less. Those are just plain silly.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I like to play
    without the green markers,
    without the flags above the units,
    without the marking of the borders on the battlefield,
    without the radar ...
    but I sometimes use the unit cards (F7) or the cards of their functions (F6) when the battlefield is very large and I have to control several fronts simultaneously.

The voice commenting on the events of the battle brings me a little immersion, even if it is sometimes redundant.

I like the announcer but I wish he had a better grasp of when you are winning. It is very annoying when he says 'I pray the course of this battle changes because defeat seems almost certain' when you are doing fine. The opposite can also be annoying too. That is my only complaint with the announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    I like the announcer but I wish he had a better grasp of when you are winning. It is very annoying when he says 'I pray the course of this battle changes because defeat seems almost certain' when you are doing fine. The opposite can also be annoying too. That is my only complaint with the announcer.
    Also "It is unwise to praise the day before sunset..." as your 2,000 knights and heavy infantry are butchering the last 100 militia in the plaza...

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I love the dude.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman