Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Simple question about god-human relations

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Simple question about god-human relations

It's why Jesus Christ's actions have never been repeated anywhere in the world outside of Christianity.
    Depends on which believer you ask.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Depends on which believer you ask.
    Well there are those that He knows personally and those that He doesn't meaning that His church has been infiltrated by people who see another Jesus and have never been born again.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Well there are those that He knows personally and those that He doesn't meaning that His church has been infiltrated by people who see another Jesus and have never been born again.
    I rather meant other believers in other faiths who very much believed or did believe in lots of same stuff the Jesus did... or interesting non scientific creation stories.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    How convenient that you just so happen to believe in not only the 'right' religion, but the correct sect as well. How fortunate that almost everyone else in the entire world is wrong and only you and those who believe in exactly the same thing as you are right. What a stroke of luck!

In completely separate matter...

Anyone know the difference between 'hearing the voice of God' and paranoid schizophrenia? Asking for friend...

TheLeft,

I didn't pick anything and couldn't have even if I tried because those who get saved are saved by God as is written. The little I knew about that is because I never heard the Gospel being preached until that day I took up a dare to enter a Baptist church. What I heard that day pierced my heart necause it was directed at me or so I thought so I accused the guy who had given me the dare that he had spoken to the minister making me his target. I was wrong and so I wanted to find out how that preacher knew about me and so I went back and back until the evening I was put on my knees by God to feel that warm glow spread all over my body. From that night my life changed but I still had a lot to learn and so nearly thirtyeight years later you guys get what you get from me. I was forty years old when God saved me, a good Biblical number.

As I am not a Psychiatrist I cannot answer that.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Basics, I respect your beliefs.
    That said, it really isn't the place for this. The thread was meant for something else
    (and tbh, it seems the thread sort of run its course by now...)
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Kyriakos,

The question begs the relationship between man and God so is it really wrong to point out what that is? As a fallen race man has no ability of himself to correct that but he can look forward to a better existence once he leaves this life but only if in this one he can grasp the necessity of getting right with God before he departs. The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is that Way and the only Way, the very reason that He was sent into the world. My story is nothing to many yet many before me had similar and not so similar stories to tell of how their lives were changed by the Gospel. After all it is written that this Gospel is the power of God to save so it is very important if that relationship is to be fully developed. It may have run its course on this thread but as to the wider world it will never run its course until the Lord's return.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456