Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 with MelooFix 2.17 - Crashes After The Battle (SOLVED)

Default Stainless Steel 6.4 with MelooFix 2.17 - Crashes After The Battle (SOLVED)

I have very good system having 120fps+ at GTA 5 and other kind of huge performance needed games. 16gb ram also (I am telling this because the reason of you may say 2gb ram error) So the error must not be due to performance. I don't use any submod. I have lates version of stainles steel and also use meloo fix. Sometimes it crashes at beginning of the battle. Oftenly it crashes during battle. But mostly it crashes at the end of the battle. I feel like I have %60 chance that I can start and end the battle without any crashes. I love medieval 2. I love stainless steel. I don't wanna give up. Please help.
    Last edited by beratkenanarslan; June 24, 2022 at 03:55 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 with MelooFix 2.17 - Crashes After The Battle (with SS)

You might want to look at this thread:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible

I have seen recent posts in respect to CTD's and crashes, related to the Meloo Fix

NJ

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 with MelooFix 2.17 - Crashes After The Battle (with SS)

I have fully installed stainless steel from that link. I don't have any submod. I use meloo fix because without it it is almost impossible to play without crash. Any other suggestion?

also my screenshot:

Have you installed outside or inside of Program Files?

I use original version of game from steam. It is at c/program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/m2tw/mods and yes inside of program files but x86

Hi,

It would appear that you are using Windows 10 from the screenshot on your post. It is not recommended to install SS or any other mods in Program Files of any kind. I understand that the system wants to maintain the integrity of Windows 10. I would recommend that you install Steam, MTW2 and SS in a purpose created Folder in the Games Folder. Above my post you will find a thread created by Gigantus, I want you to post your problem there and link your post to the thread you created. I know that Gigantus will be able to provide advice on using Steam, not my forte.

Hope this helps

NJ

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I have updated the hotfix in that thread - do apply it. It's save game compatible. The fix addresses crash issues related to incomplete sequences in the quote system which manifest themselves as loading screen crashes, eg after battle.

As to virtual store issues (installing in program files) - check here how to move Steam's library, eg M2TW.

Steam itself has a nasty habit of caching the content of the game directory, which means that after a while present mod files are considered game files and get restored after updates. In some cases I have taken to renaming the mod's directory and subsequently changing the CFg file entry and updating the desktop shortcuts.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 16, 2020 at 10:42 PM. Reason: link to hotfix

I uninstalled m2tw and stainless steel then I changed steam directory c:/program files x86/steam to c:/steam then I installed game opened a campaing and closed. then I installed stainless steel 6.4 from https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible and also installed updated hotfix. I was hoping no crash. But large imperial army attacked to my city genoa. I succesfully destroyed them with small group of my army. It said heroic victory. Then when I clicked ok same crash happened. So my almost 1 hour battle was for nothing. Then I loaded my last autosave. It crashed again with same error. Then I tried again I reached my save game but my mood fell down

I still don't want to give up about enjoying mighty stainles steel! please gigantus help

Blog Entries

I am sorry to hear that the updated hotfix did not solve your issue of post battle crashes. Other then that reason it will be extremely difficult to solve the issue if it repeats.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 16, 2020 at 10:45 PM.

I basically have the same problem , installed 6.4 with meloofix , applied the updated hotfix , made sure it's was installed on local disk D...always crashes before or after a battle...

Blog Entries

Sadly I have not been able to determine the cause of the issue, especially if the crash happens regardless of faction and\or units involved. The only alternative I can offer is the download link to the previous\original installation. Please make sure to manually delete your existing mods\SS6.3 directory and the two desktop shortcuts before installing again and ensure that you have followed this guide if you are using Steam.

Same exact issue. Ever fix it? Losing my mind over this .

I also have the same issue.

I have Windows 10, pretty good (for the game's age) system running, and due to earlier instructions here I installed (again) the steam game on a non-program files folder.
    I play with SS 6.4 and Meloo fix 1.27

I managed to finish a big Byzantine Empire save (250 rounds) but this ended up with me not playing almost no siege battle and having to deploy tactics to overcome this (i.e. having A LOT MORE troops in settlements for winning the automatic battle outcome) or having stacks nearby settlements to help breaking sieges, all solutions being not normal and hampering the gameplay feeling.

I will try to re-install the mod from Gigantus latest post here, but on that last save, even with the crush-fix siege battles continue to crash on a 95% percentage. I dont know what is wrong. I ll try to re-install and return with feedback
    Last edited by Mitsmann; July 21, 2021 at 05:53 AM.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

This has fixed all of my crashes. After I had implemented it, the game only crashed about twice in over 100 turns.

Blog Entries

Yup, it takes care of memory related issues.

Gigantus, can u please resend last link with problem solved? im expecting exact same issue and cant wait to play

Blog Entries

It's still there in post #7, and the LAA 'fix' (increased memory allocation) is in post #15.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's still there in post #7, and the LAA 'fix' (increased memory allocation) is in post #15.
    That post 15 solved my issue. I have tried everything you can imagine and only increased memory allocation works. Now I play without crashes at battle.

Edit: Also I have upgraded my system to Windows 11