Thread: How to mod deployments for specific faction - I know how to use PFM, I only need location of table

Default How to mod deployments for specific faction - I know how to use PFM, I only need location of table

So as I wrote I want to mod deployments per faction but I can't find table. I started making mod for DEI which will make it more realsitic - legion unit sizes (30) and number of legions. I modded mentioned I just need to mod deployments and I am done.
    I play for over 40 yers now and mod is balanced with bigger battles taking palce now and then - 40 k units or more.
    While making mod I was taking into account history - like naval battle of Ecnomus and first and second Punic Wars unit numbers in battles.
    I wanted to feel like I am really managing Rome and not palying a game with silly 2k 18 legions cap.

So pelase help me to make this project of mine better.

One more thing, I modded f+garrison units to have better morale - as when you defend a city you are less likely to flee. For now I only modded morale but I want to make walls harder to breach with artilery - I would need some good advices here.
    Siege battles were historically very costly for attackers so I want to make taking walls far mroe demanding than it is.

THank you in advance.

Default Re: How to mod deployments for specific faction - I know how to use PFM, I only need location of table

Another one more thing regarding modding towers - arrows from them are silly, damage they do is miniscule so I want to mod them too - advice would be very welcome - name of the table.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: How to mod deployments for specific faction - I know how to use PFM, I only need location of table

If you are doing this for DeI then better open a new thread inside DeI submods

first thing use RPFM, it has incredibly useful search functions so you won't need to scroll down a lot of entries
    https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm

deployments: they are simple army effects, you can't (more or less) apply them to factions without scripts, they are linked to stances by default
    go to db > effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions, use the RPFM search bar and write something like deployment, every entry will be isolated

walls harder to breach: this I don't know, try by checking db > campaign variables, could be there is an entry for them, not sure (use RPFM search bar)

towers: I'm pretty sure this is inside db > campaign variables(use RPFM search bar)