Thread: Why switch to an Empire (Rome)?

Default Why switch to an Empire (Rome)?

So, I was 70-75% on my way to victory. So after boosting my factions influence to 65%. I declared Rome an Empire, and I guess I am now a god-like leader, but I was pretty god-like in the Republic; it seemed.

Now, of course, I took this huge PO hit and needed to spend a lot of time dealing with unrest.

Finally, the Empire is beginning to chill.

But what good is the Empire?

It's my first DEI game (just in learning/noob mode). I certainly don't need any money. I followed some of Jackie's tips early on.

I am now about 110 years (4 TPY) in and have about $6.5M. I was thinking of skipping veteran legions segmentata and just buying a few brigades of main battle tanks instead with all that money.
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; October 27, 2020 at 08:07 AM.

Default Re: Why switch to an Empire (Rome)?

Another thing I have noticed is that no matter what government type you choose, the "scale" of influence that determines what positive and negative effects you get based on how influential your party is, stays the same. Which is strange because in an empire you would expect the ruling faction to be much more influential(and thus have the "sweet spot" on the scale be higher up) than in a senatorial/tribal assembly/politeia system. Unfortunately this is likely a hardcoded limitation of the game, but given how the DEI has been able to get around some of them(not an easy task I'm sure), it might be changeable in the future.

The Empire government type is getting a buff in the next update, as indeed it is a bit of a weak choice right now.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

The Empire government type is getting a buff in the next update, as indeed it is a bit of a weak choice right now.
    Any estimated date of that next update ?

You'll have to ask Dresden, but all I can say is SoonTM.