View Poll Results: Shall Jake Armitage join the ranks of the Citizenry?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [ARTIFEX]Jake Armitage (Patron: Flinn)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default [ARTIFEX]Jake Armitage (Patron: Flinn)

Because at some point in your life you need to leave someone behind you...

my bit
    Hello there my dear Curialists, it's the time again I'm somewhat shocked to realize that Jake Armitage is my very first Italian client (both for citizenship and for large awards), and they say that Italians are parochial, like patronage and nepotism and are vote-catchers .. oh wait .

However, I said it was about time that the good Jake was put forward for his deserved badge, so here we are. What can I say about him? Well he did vote for me, so I owe him something in return has been roaming at TWC for longer than me and I remember when I first noticed him in the TATW fora .. I was still a noob at the time, but he was already involved in submodding TATW (with the DaC team, here is an example from 2014). As many of you know, the work of the modder is for the most a thankless one, especially for those who are not on the front-line .. and sometimes it takes time for the proper recognition to come.. actually last year he did won a Modding Award as one of the favorite "Steel" modders (for his Rome 2 work).

Jake is the kind of the hard worker, that dude that conclude things no matter what.. recently he joined me in the Modding Awards Committee, where he's working to produce some artwork as well as giving his precious input as an experienced modder (he already gave me a couple of interesting points to think at).

However, 'nuff of my babbling, I'll leave the bone to the younger dog now...

Applicant's bit

Dear TWC Curia,

I would like to apply for being accepted as a TWC Artifex.

I'm a long time TWC lover, subscribed back in 2011 when I discovered TW games thanks to King Kong's TATW for M2TW.
    Started with doing simple mods (released inside TWC) for TATW, became a member of TATW's DaC during early stages, parts of my scripts and family portraits are still used into nowadays DaC.
    After a pause I came back in 2016, noticed Rome 2 DeI, understood it was already smartly developed and that its potentials were really huge.
    So I started modding it towards my own gameplay tastes and became a team dev in 2018. I am particularly active inside DeI and Rome2 TWC forums.
    Besides helping the DeI team when and if it's needed, it's almost 4 years I'm developing a custom submod called Testudo (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-DeICampaign- // TESTUDO-v-1-7-Custom-Packs-upd-aug-09-20); this sumbod was voted as the second best for the 2019 Steel category.
    I also started planning, always as a submod for DeI, a new project called RoR666. (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Rome-666-(WIP)

Here below there's a list of other mods/tools I released

For DeI and submods
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...lved)-research (Faster research)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-dec-01-19 (Virtual Point System)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-feb-27-20 (Diplomacy limitator)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ARE-RECRUITING! (GC Smartmap, tool)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-clever-people! (Click and erase AI)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-feb-27-20 (Rpg units)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...8#post15963128 (Flags redone)
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-jun-09-19 (Political overhaul)

Troy
    - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...t-map-movement (reduced strat map movement)

So now... I could describe many other things about my TWC presence but... I think I would just become boring

Best Regards,
    Jake Armitage

Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden

I am more than happy to support Jake as an Artifex, he is a great modder and a very helpful member of this community. I started working with Jake a couple years ago when he became a very active member of our submodding community. I immediately realized that he was a very dedicated modder and someone with creative ideas that would be unique for our group of developers.

At first, he joined our team mainly as a submodder and created some wonderful and widely used submods on his own including Testudo, RPGu, FLAGs, and his Political Overhaul among others. These submods add very complex and interesting campaign systems using scripting and traditional db modifications. He also specializes in various UI work. Some of his submods have won awards and they have been very well received by the community at large. After working on his own submods, Jake has also begun working on the main DeI mod as well. He has contributed to many aspects of the mod in terms of research/testing and has added substantial additions to main mod features in the past few updates.

On top of being an excellent modder and quality person, Jake also contributes to the TWC community in many aspects. He is always very helpful on many threads when questions are being asked or when people request a small mod or submod to be made. He regularly interacts with veteran TWC members who may have a small question or with completely new folks to welcome them to the platform. He is also interested in keeping TWC alive in these dynamic times and tries to participate when suggestions are requested on site improvements and mod policy.

I regret I was not the one to recommend Jake originally, Flinn beat me to that! But I fully endorse Jake as an Artifex and believe that would cement the already important role he plays in this wonderful forum community. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150

Jake is very valuable member of the team and a great person.

He excels in out of the box thinking and tries to push boundaries further of what can be with TW games.

He is also undercover Italian, which I did not know despite visiting his hometown like 10 times before I asked where he lives. Sneaky bastard.

Fully recommended to join the family.

Cheers

And there you go.. I particularly like the fact that KAM called him a sneaky bastard, because that's actually a huge compliment here in Italy!

Flinn,
    of the Church
    of the Latter Day Dude
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [ARTIFEX]Jake Armitage (Patron: Flinn)

Yes.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Such a difficult decision! After much deliberation I've decided to take the radical step of endorsing this.

Support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.

Jake should already be a citizen by now, so I guess that it's better later than never.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support!!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Support.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I'll ad another support.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Yes

edit:

i mean support
    Last edited by Vladyvid; October 24, 2020 at 04:07 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Easy support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Poll added
    and Peaman

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

voted

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Voted.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Voted.

Blog Entries

And so, it is with flying colours that we welcome Jake Armitage!
    and Peaman