This is rather an observation from my personal gameplay. I think that I have never seen the Saka, Sarmatians or Bosporans (when played by the AI) to achieve reforms. I mean, I have never seen the Saka and Sarmatians become settled or the Bosporans convert Nomadic settlements into towns. Has it been tested if the AI can achieve the reform objectives for the factions?

If they are not able to do so, is it possible to allow them the benefits of reforms anyways - once they are past a certain date? That would boost their strength a bit.

One other observation - even with tons of money some factions just can't grow. Over the course of two campaigns that I played, I formed an alliance with the Boii and for lengthy stretches of time provided them with a lots of cash through a diplomat (to avoid the corruption trait in my family). Something in the range of 4,000 every turn for 5 to 10 years, and on occasions dumping 20,000+ on them. Yet they remained a single province faction. I am really puzzled by this. Their neighbors were not superpowers - mostly 3-4-5 province factions.