Thread: Historical Campaign with Aurelian

Icon5 Historical Campaign with Aurelian

After discovering this mod, I woke up my desire to follow a campaign as close to reality as possible, with Aurelian. Follow the correct steps, from the destruction of Quintillus to the unification of the Empire. For that I need to know if it is possible to represent this in this mod, in the campaign with Aurelian in 270, and if the scripts that act in chronological order of the real events.

I come to suggest the addition of missions by script that leave him the mod, with the greatest possible historicity. An example:

"Imperivm Romanvm
    First Mission: Opposition to Quintillus
    When Claudius died, his brother Quintillus took power with the support of the Senate. The army refused to recognize the new emperor, preferring to support one of its commanders: Aureliano was proclaimed legion emperor of Sirmium. Aureliano must defeat Quintilo's troops to be recognized as Emperor by the Senate. Until the end of the year 270, if you do not meet the indicated date, there will be penalties for your future policy. "

These missions can follow the chronological order of Aureliano's conflicts, going through the wars with Zenobia to the final part with the conquest of the Gallic Empire.
    If you are successful in missions, you will earn rewards such as money, as well as legions. But, for failures, there will be a penalty, such as negative income for some shifts and loss of characteristics.
    To represent the recruitment of troops by Aureliano for the Conquest of the Palmireno Empire, I recommend adding scripts that gave veteran legions in the year of the conquest, which historically was in 272.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Historical Campaign with Aurelian

I really like the idea and will see how I can include these missions in the script.

Yes it is totally possible to add missions by script. I've seen great projects come to fruition from that base.

If you continue and need help with writing the scripts, count on me!
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    Yes it is totally possible to add missions by script. I've seen great projects come to fruition from that base.

If you continue and need help with writing the scripts, count on me!
    If you you could have a go at this I would greatly appreciate it. I could then incorporate this idea into the other campaigns.

What a Great idea!

Im looking forward this.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    If you you could have a go at this I would greatly appreciate it. I could then incorporate this idea into the other campaigns.
    If you give me the name of the file in which the missions are to be added by scripts, and even a topic about editing and how to edit the files to add the text and make them work, I will try. I am not a modder. I can write the missions by script and send the text to you, now to add them and make them work there I have no idea. I think you got it wrong, anyway I can try

I don't know if you played FRRE's mods, but I recommend if you didn't know check them out for you to see what the scripts I am talking about and how they are.
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; October 21, 2020 at 03:22 PM.