Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRC government called Australia "white trash"

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon11 PRC government called Australia "white trash"

From news.com.au

A mouthpiece for Beijing has taken a furious jab at Canberra calling Australians “poor white trash” and darkly warning there will be “consequences” if we don’t play nice with China.

This morning stories about Australia appeared five times on the front page of the Global Times, a news website heavily aligned with the Chinese Communist Party. None of them were complementary.
    Original source here, but you can skip reading as there isn't much else.

Is the commies' party getting desperate? They have severed ties with US democrats, Germany, Czech, Canada, several neighbors in SE Asia and now Australia. Apparently they no longer have any card left and resorted to childish shouting.

What's next? Is US going to man up and be a little more aggressive, like it did to Iran and Venezuela?

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: PRC government called Australia "white trash"

With the CCP murdering political, religious, and ethnic prisoners, then harvesting their organs to profit on the black market, with the CCP generally showing their true colours (EVIL) over the past 12 months, the real question now remains... what is the rest of the world going to do about the CCP ...hmmm

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

As I've said before, the Aussies are kinda' like Popeye the Sailor; they're small but pack a big punch, especially when they're backed up by the US.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Hasn't China's attitude towards Australia been quite imperious for a while now? What's the surprise here?

Besides, they aren't even being racist, they insulted the white oppressors, not some exploited minority.

Praeses

AFAIK our volume of trad is still increasing despite the recent embargoes/cancellations of certain products. If the Chinese leadership were for real they could crash our economy very quickly, at a certain cost to themselves. This is China displaying displeasure for home consumption I assume, in response to Australia tidying up a little excessive Chinese influence here.

Its interesting because Winne has taken more power directly into his own hands, away from the oligarchy of the CCCP; perhaps he needs to reassure the larger populace that he's indispensable? It'd be interesting to see how much more window dressing the Premier needs to do to shore up his position. In the past Chinese leaders were able to literally steamroll internal opposition and disregard international criticism because the party held ranks.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Hasn't China's attitude towards Australia been quite imperious for a while now? What's the surprise here?

Besides, they aren't even being racist, they insulted the white oppressors, not some exploited minority.
    China has been on a publicity show over Australia's leading calls for an independent inquiry into Covid. But the show doesn't always hold up. In spite of them publicly putting pressure on several important Australian exports, Australia's exports to China grew this year by something like 2.5 billion dollars.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

That's nothing in comparison to the immense trade volume on the SEA markets which are all dominated by China. Nearly all Western countries depend on Chinese production and currency, what they can't do with trade deficit, they can compensate with the fundamental "weakness" of Western countries, which are the human rights. Of course they can bully around even Australia and New Zealand mid term and long term.

Historically speaking, China ain't wrong. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    So you'd accept being called trash because some of your ancestors were?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    So you'd accept being called trash because some of your ancestors were?
    It was a joke, but if you want a serious statement on the issue, it is absolutely wrong for China and its representatives to make such statements about another country. At the same time, since I actually read the article, it's hard to take such obscure situations seriously. The remarks mentioned in the thread do not seriously represent the view of the Chinese government, nor is it attributable to a senior official. I don't think it's possible to have a serious discussion about the specifics in the article, though there is certainly plenty to discuss regarding overall Australian-Chinese relations.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Historically speaking, many thinkers have understood that history doesn't really teach. 'Presentdaylispeaking', China is a threat.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

It was a joke, but if you want a serious statement on the issue, it is absolutely wrong for China and its representatives to make such statements about another country. At the same time, since I actually read the article, it's hard to take such obscure situations seriously. The remarks mentioned in the thread do not seriously represent the view of the Chinese government, nor is it attributable to a senior official. I don't think it's possible to have a serious discussion about the specifics in the article, though there is certainly plenty to discuss regarding overall Australian-Chinese relations.
    Over the past 6-8 months, the Chinese government or authorised central media have actually made some fairly full on statements towards Australia. Maybe not quite so ad hominem, but full on all the same. Their ambassador has made open threats. And it has been difficult for Australian officials to actually have their Chinese counterparts pick up the phone. So while "white trash" might not be legitimately attributable, it's not far off what is.

Although all of this is for show for a mostly domestic Chinese audience, because as mentioned, in spite of threats and actual tariffs, Australia's exports to China have actually grown in the last year and some industry leaders have suggested that they will continue to use Australian suppliers in spite of statements. For the short term China simply can't replace some of Australia's raw materials with other sources without making them vulnerable to other larger competitive powers (e.g. Russia). It's better for China to buy Australian and publicly attack them, than it is to buy Russian and have to stay quiet.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Over the past 6-8 months, the Chinese government or authorised central media have actually made some fairly full on statements towards Australia. Maybe not quite so ad hominem, but full on all the same. Their ambassador has made open threats. And it has been difficult for Australian officials to actually have their Chinese counterparts pick up the phone. So while "white trash" might not be legitimately attributable, it's not far off what is.
    I'm not aware of those statements, but this particular article, talked about an opinion piece on a Chinese publication Global Times by an author who's name I cannot recognize and who's title was not mentioned in the article. This would be akin to Germany getting outraged at United States because Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor called Germans, left-wing fascists in a fiery op-ed on the National Review. We'd laugh because it's incredibly petty and inconsequential to global US policy, even if it does reflect certain attitudes and views in our country.

Similarly, while I have no doubt that there is plenty to discuss on the topic of Australia and China's relationship, I simply think this article is a bit of a wash. In my opinion, from what I have read and from what I know, the Chinese are pragmatic and careful in their foreign policy, even if they have a lot of hawkish attitudes within the country and their government. Winnie the Pooh has been aggressive. He's aware that Australia depends on the sea for trade, that it is a raw materials exporter. and that China is their biggest trade partner. Ultimately, he wants to co-opt members of the US umbrella in the Pacific into their own faction, rather than wage an economic or military conflict. Let's not forget, that a mere ten years ago, all of these countries were happy doing business with each other.

Although all of this is for show for a mostly domestic Chinese audience, because as mentioned, in spite of threats and actual tariffs, Australia's exports to China have actually grown in the last year and some industry leaders have suggested that they will continue to use Australian suppliers in spite of statements. For the short term China simply can't replace some of Australia's raw materials with other sources without making them vulnerable to other larger competitive powers (e.g. Russia). It's better for China to buy Australian and publicly attack them, than it is to buy Russian and have to stay quiet.
    China's BRI project will provide alternatives. On the other hand, exporting ores over water isn't a high margin business and losing one of its largest and closest customers, doesn't bode well for the Australian economy.

Praeses

One of my ancestors was a boxer from New York so you got me there.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

[img]https://www.quotemaster.org/images/00/007125a59d08[/img]

Considering the original colonists were criminals.

But that's what happens when you don't diversify your economy, and cater principally to one client.

It's like relying on Apple.

Last edited by Condottiere 40K; October 11, 2020 at 03:09 PM.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Indefinitely Banned

to be fair to the anglo australians, there is no other customer that can replace China. Who's gonna replace Chinese consumers for Aussie beef?certainly not the cow worshipping indians. Or the wine industry of australia? Certainly not the muslims in India.

It's truly pathetic seeing the white supremacists anglo leaders of australia try to start a fight with China, needlessly provoking China and then crying when Chinese trade and foreign ministers refuse to pick up their calls. Like a crazy stalker ex girlfriend trying to get back an alpha male.

Pro tip: the title of this thread is a lie.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Pro tip: the title of this thread is a lie.
    Creating half truths and full lies is all the rage nowadays, can't beat it. Underneath the 'trash' reference from the linked article. Singapore isn't PRC (yet?) last I checked.
    Couldn't help a short laugh at the first part of the paragraph.

Indeed, further decoupling with China will not send China back to poverty, but will only make former Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew's famous statement more likely to come true: that if Australia doesn't open up its economy and reduce unemployment, it risks becoming the "poor white trash of Asia."
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 12, 2020 at 07:27 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Given the increase in racial attacks against Chinese students in Australia and even chinese or Asian Australians, can it be denied that australia is led by "white trash". Australia's leaders and murdoch media instigated this culture of hate and fear against Chinese people, it should only be fitting that they reap what they sow.

EDIT:
    Anyway, it should be clear by now that Australia is ed for the simple reason that Australia is not a truly democratic nor free nation; it is a US satrapy controlled by its intelligence services which are themselves, mere franchises of the CIA and Pentagon. Mearsheimer just threatened Australian politicians with death if they didn't toe the line with the new cold war, which means Australia's economy gets butt ed, that Australians become poorer, all to benefit the primacy of anglo america.

I'm sure anglo australians don't mind poverty if it means preserving anglo privilege.
    Last edited by Exarch; October 12, 2020 at 07:42 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Mearsheimer just threatened Australian politicians with death if they didn't toe the line with the new cold war...
    That I gotta see for myself, care to provide a reference? While you are at it throw one in for this statement as well: "Given the increase in racial attacks against Chinese students in Australia and even chinese or Asian Australians..."

Love how you made the connection from there to 'white trash'. Worthy of a Murdoch article, I venture?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast