Thread: Modding out AI replenshiment and extra movement

Default Modding out AI replenshiment and extra movement

I keep coming back to this mod even after three kingdoms TW as it is amazingly done. The newest patch is a blast. That being said there is a few AI bonuses that can become annoying. To Be fair I am playing on VH/VH so i dont know if some of these bonuses are hardcoded for these difficulties and if so, ignore everything I'm saying

The AI seems to replenish a huge amount of casualties if I lose a battle. I actually enjoy losing a battle here and there, but Ive brought the enemy down to 80% casualties before and once i get the defeat statistics, they have replenished back up to 30% losses, recovering over half their force making the whole battle kinda moot, as I didnt even hurt the AI enough to buy myself a turn to recover. This is annoying as the AI already supports multiple stacks and does not need to have any replenishment IMO, beyond the regular amount. It makes it so instead of trying to fight a battle i might lose, I will just retreat off the map as soon as the battle starts to be able to null the AI attack.

The AI movment is also insanely unrealistic. They can move seemingly double my armies with similar compositions. It makes it hard to tactically keep forces safe or outrun an enemy army.

So my question is: Can I mod out these bonuses in the text files? and if so which file and what lines would i need to change?

Cheers
    Last edited by Gongsunzan; October 19, 2020 at 02:04 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Modding out AI replenshiment and extra movement

I can’t look at the EDCT file now but, as far as I’m aware, all such bonuses to AI casualty recovery and movement (unless due to a personal trait) have already been long removed. So any bonuses they have are either due to personal traits the character has that affect such and/or something hardcoded - being that you’re playing on VH/VH, I would assume the AI gets hardcoded bonuses.
    Last edited by Seether; October 19, 2020 at 06:33 AM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

It must be hardcoded by the difficulty then. I had searched about the difficulty of med 2 and didnt see any information on casualty recovery but it seems to happen in SS 6.4 as well. I cant imagine its the general traits. I had one battle on turn 4 as Lu Bu against two armies, I destroyed i think it was Xun You's army (didnt get to chase down routers, so no prisoners they could have recovered) and then got routed by Cao Cao, but at the end of the battle Xun You's army recovered more than half the casualties.

There are definitely ways of making more troops recover after battle, both with traits and ancillaries. Check both files for "BattleSurgery". Reduce the number you find attached to that effect, or just comment it out.