Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

Default Re: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Except many of them receive violent treatment as well. The response, however, is much different.
    Jews and Christians routinely face violence from Muslims in Muslim countries as well as as religious minority in those immigrant no-go zones in Europe.
    Mockery of Christianity and Judaism is pretty mainstream.
    When an anti-Islamic content gets published its turned into a freedom of speech crusade. When an anti-Judaism or anti-Christian content gets published people either take turns to apologize or its kept down low.
    That is simply not true. Christianity and Judaism are constantly mocked in the West. Family Guy routinely makes fun of both. So does South Park. Adult cartoons aside, we have metal music (ironically its being attacked for some bands anti-Islamic stance being interpreted as "racist" like Ad Hominem and Taake) and counter-culture in general being largely opposed to all abrahamic beliefs.

Default Re: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Jews and Christians routinely face violence from Muslims in Muslim countries as well as as religious minority in those immigrant no-go zones in Europe.
    Mockery of Christianity and Judaism is pretty mainstream.

That is simply not true. Christianity and Judaism are constantly mocked in the West. Family Guy routinely makes fun of both. So does South Park. Adult cartoons aside, we have metal music (ironically its being attacked for some bands anti-Islamic stance being interpreted as "racist" like Ad Hominem and Taake) and counter-culture in general being largely opposed to all abrahamic beliefs.
    Notice how you try to take one point and try to build up on it falsely but only on that point. You have no ground to stand on. It is true. When Piss Christ was exhibited it was vandalized with artist and exhibition venue receiving death threats. Response? Exhibition was cancelled with the artist losing his grants. It was certainly not continuously put on exhibition all around the world.
    The Armenian Issue

You are lying. No one here argued in any way to accommodate any kind of tribal interest. That course of argumentation is what's intellectually dishonest here. In one way, its lazy argumentation as you're running away from putting forward an intellectual thought on the matter, instead you're catering to lazy biases people have.
    That your reaction to the Nice murders was to fraudulently accuse Macron of treating terrorism as a boon to his presidency, speaks for itself. As does your continuing effort to distract from the killings by complaining about the abuses of the Roman church (which is particularly tone-deaf given that the victims in Nice were Catholic worshippers).

Call me liar if you will; the subtext of your posts (and the posts of those who've introduced apologetic, diversionary and/or false information) couldn't be more transparent.
    Last edited by Cope; November 02, 2020 at 05:49 PM.

Notice how you try to take one point and try to build up on it falsely but only on that point. You have no ground to stand on. It is true. When Piss Christ was exhibited it was vandalized with artist and exhibition venue receiving death threats. Response? Exhibition was cancelled with the artist losing his grants. It was certainly not continuously put on exhibition all around the world.
    You have no leg to stand on here. Christianity and Judaism are routinely mocked in mainstream culture as well as underground subcultures, and that has been the case for many decades now. Life of Brian came out back when none of us here were even born. We have good example of South Park - they made fun of Christianity and Judaism constantly, but first time had received death threats as well as being censored for... mocking Muhammad. And by mocking I mean simply depicting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    That your reaction to the Nice murders, far from condemnation, was to fraudulently accuse Macron of treating terrorism as a boon to his presidency, speaks for itself. As does your continuing effort to distract from the killings by complaining about the abuses of the Roman church (which is particularly tone-deaf given that the victims in Nice were Catholic worshippers).

Call me liar if you will; the subtext of your posts (and the posts of those who've introduced apologetic, diversionary and/or false information) couldn't be more transparent.
    It's not my reaction to Nice murders. It's my reaction to Macron's opportunism and double standards, and to your lying about what people argue. You can try to alter what people argue all you want to cover up the laziness of your position. I'm certainly not touched by your attempt to use other people's suffering to advance a biased narrative that spreads hate instead of understanding and solutions.

You have no leg to stand on here. Christianity and Judaism are routinely mocked in mainstream culture as well as underground subcultures, and that has been the case for many decades now. Life of Brian came out back when none of us here were even born. We have good example of South Park - they made fun of Christianity and Judaism constantly, but first time had received death threats as well as being censored for... mocking Muhammad. And by mocking I mean simply depicting him.
    If I had no leg to stand on you wouldn't be trying to ignore those legs like there is no tomorrow.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; November 02, 2020 at 03:28 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

It's not my reaction to Nice murders. It's my reaction to Macron's opportunism and double standards, and to your lying about what people argue. You can try to alter what people argue all you want to cover up the laziness of your position.
    This is false. You directly responded to news of the murders in Nice by introducing the spurious (frankly conspiratorial) allegation that the French president "wanted" terrorism to occur.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm certainly not touched by your attempt to use other people's suffering to advance a biased narrative that spreads hate instead of understanding and solutions.
    Fraudulently accusing others of "spreading hate" for supporting free expression, condemning terrorism and denouncing the cynical allegiance between radical Muslims and elements of the political left precisely illustrates the sort of anti-intellectualism which was referred to in post #131. That you're more prepared to vilify those who oppose extremism above the extremists themselves plainly exposes your commitment to petty tribal interests. The free world (at least what's left of it) should not move an inch to accommodate the irrational belief that blasphemy should be met with censorship, much less murder.
    Last edited by Cope; November 02, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    This is false. You directly responded to news of the murders in Nice by introducing the spurious (frankly conspiratorial) allegation that the French president "wanted" terrorism to occur.
    Fraudulently accusing others of "spreading hate" for supporting free expression, condemning terrorism and denouncing the cynical allegiance between radical Muslims and elements of the political left precisely illustrates the sort of anti-intellectualism which was referred to in post #131. That you're more prepared to vilify those who oppose extremism above the extremists themselves plainly exposes your commitment to petty tribal interests. The free world (at least what's left of it) should not move an inch to accommodate the irrational belief that blasphemy should be met with censorship, much less murder.
    Sigh... My response to Nice attacks did not include Macron's "treating terrorism as a boon to his presidency" since that attack was very new and there was no response from Macron yet. Any such comment was referring to how Macron used the French teacher's death for political show... Don't sugarcoat your insistence on ignorant narratives as support for free expression, condemnation of terrorism, etc. Its extremely petty to claim that I somehow vilify those who oppose extremism above those extremists. Such a take has no ground to stand on. It shows how utterly you're lacking any merit in your opposition to what I say. Truly disgusting that you resort to such intellectual dishonesty.
    The Armenian Issue

If I had no leg to stand on you wouldn't be trying to ignore those legs like there is no tomorrow.
    You said that there is a hyporcicy in the West on how criticism/satire of Islam is treated with less hostility then that of Christianity and Judaism and I demonstrated pretty well that this is not the case. Which part of your argument did I ignore? It sounds like you are just changing goal posts.

You said that there is a hyporcicy in the West on how criticism/satire of Islam is treated with less hostility then that of Christianity and Judaism and I demonstrated pretty well that this is not the case. Which part of your argument did I ignore? It sounds like you are just changing goal posts.
    Nope. Never changed my goal post. You pretty much ignored anything I write. I never argued that Christianity or Judaism are never mocked. I argued anything but that. Yet, that's all you argued against. You were battling windmills.
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

You ignored me mentioning them multiple times already. Clearly, me pointing out Macron's lack of targeting of Catholic priests that molested thousands of French kids isn't convenient for certain narratives.
    Molestation is not terrorism. There isn't an equal comparison to draw here.

Furthermore, he is not targeting Islamic priests.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Nope. Never changed my goal post. You pretty much ignored anything I write. I never argued that Christianity or Judaism are never mocked. I argued anything but that. Yet, that's all you argued against. You were battling windmills.
    ... Um, you literally said the opposite in previous page:
    Except many of them receive violent treatment as well. The response, however, is much different. When an anti-Islamic content gets published its turned into a freedom of speech crusade. When an anti-Judaism or anti-Christian content gets published people either take turns to apologize or its kept down low.
    I've demonstrated that objectively it is other way around with multiple examples. So now you concede and admit that anti-Islamic content faces far more scrutiny then anti-Christian or anti-Judaism content?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    So, you take my quote out of context to make it seem like it has a completely different meaning.
    I wrote,"This week, the Charlie Hebdo’s issue features a disgusting cartoon of the funeral of the French beheaded teacher, showing officers carrying two coffins, one for the body, one for the head"
    As the C.Hebdo founder wrote,"Nothing is sacred. Principle No. 1. Not even your own mother, not the Jewish martyrs, not even people starving of hunger"
    Was the meaning of your statement that Hebdo had published a disgusting cartoon featuring the murdered teacher and his funeral?

Also I asked if nearly everyone attacks and murders because of Hebdo's 'offensive cartoons'.

It's not my reaction to Nice murders. It's my reaction to Macron's opportunism and double standards, and to your lying about what people argue. You can try to alter what people argue all you want to cover up the laziness of your position. I'm certainly not touched by your attempt to use other people's suffering to advance a biased narrative that spreads hate instead of understanding and solutions.
    It is you that is guilty of double standard. You continuingly brng up false comparisons, and make excuses and justification for terrorist acts.

Bringing up the Catholic priest scandal and comparing it Islamic terrorist acts demonstrates your double standards. No one is defending the actions of the Catholic priesr or don't say it was wrong. However, millions of Muslims do justify Muslim terrorist act, and don't think the beheading of a teacher was wrong, but defend it. And that is the problem. It is not just the actions of a few Muslims that is the problem, but the very widespread support among Muslims that is the problem.

All 4 schools of sharia law call for death to Muslim apostates, and many Muslim countries have death penalty for apostate, not tiny fringe Muslim countries, but major, influential ones like Iran, Saudia Arabia. Death penalty for blasphemy is found in Pakistan, the world's second.largest Ialamic country. All Muslims like you have ever done is defend the right of Muslims to kill non Muslims. You don't condemned the killing of non Muslims by Muslims, as your denial of the Armenian Genocide demonstrates.

Name a single Muslim country where non Muslims are given all the same rights. It would be s a question I know you won't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Molestation is not terrorism. There isn't an equal comparison to draw here.
    Furthermore, he is not targeting Islamic priests.
    Molestation doesn't have to be terrorism for us to oppose it. You can run away from that all you want. Macron treated molestation by Catholic priests vastly different to terrorism by Muslims.

... Um, you literally said the opposite in previous page:
    I've demonstrated that objectively it is other way around with multiple examples. So now you concede and admit that anti-Islamic content faces far more scrutiny then anti-Christian or anti-Judaism content?
    I didn't literally said the opposite. In fact you're literally quoting me saying it. You're quoting me saying that both receive "anti" content, whether its through protests, death threats or attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    It is you that is guilty of double standard. You continuingly brng up false comparisons, and make excuses and justification for terrorist acts.
    Bringing up the Catholic priest scandal and comparing it Islamic terrorist acts demonstrates your double standards. No one is defending the actions of the Catholic priesr or don't say it was wrong. However, millions of Muslims do justify Muslim terrorist act, and don't think the beheading of a teacher was wrong, but defend it. And that is the problem. It is not just the actions of a few Muslims that is the problem, but the very widespread support among Muslims that is the problem.
    All 4 schools of sharia law call for death to Muslim apostates, and many Muslim countries have death penalty for apostate, not tiny fringe Muslim countries, but major, influential ones like Iran, Saudia Arabia. Death penalty for blasphemy is found in Pakistan, the world's second.largest Ialamic country. All Muslims like you have ever done is defend the right of Muslims to kill non Muslims. You don't condemned the killing of non Muslims by Muslims, as your denial of the Armenian Genocide demonstrates.
    Name a single Muslim country where non Muslims are given all the same rights. It would be s a question I know you won't answer.
    Correction: I continuously bring up inconvenient comparisons, and I have never once made any excuses or justifications for terror acts. You're merely lying about that. Vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with such attacks and they openly condemn them.

For your question that you are sure I won't answer: Apart from my home country, Albania comes to mind first.
    The Armenian Issue

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Molestation doesn't have to be terrorism for us to oppose it. You can run away from that all you want. Macron treated molestation by Catholic priests vastly different to terrorism by Muslims. I didn't literally said the opposite. In fact you're literally quoting me saying it. You're quoting me saying that both receive "anti" content, whether its through protests, death threats or attacks. Correction: I continuously bring up inconvenient comparisons, and I have never once made any excuses or justifications for terror acts. You're merely lying about that. Vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with such attacks and they openly condemn them. For your question that you are sure I won't answer: Apart from my home country, Albania comes to mind first.

Molestation doesn't have to be terrorism for us to oppose it. You can run away from that all you want. Macron treated molestation by Catholic priests vastly different to terrorism by Muslims.
    You missed my point. The Catholics have universily condemened the actions of the priests, but Muslims have supported the action terrorists. Whole armies during f Muslims have joijed ISIS to commit terrorist.attacks, and support.for Islamic terrorism is widespread among the Muslim world. https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...ion-polls.aspx. https://clarionproject.org/new-poll-...rt-terrorists/ A quarter of British Muslims were sympathetic toward the Charlie Hebo attackers https://www.dawn.com/news/1165850. Muslms were far more.concerned about the words of the French president than the Islamic terrorist acts. Muslims never organized a boycott against Iran for excecuting young girls who were raped, or against the he Ayatollah for pronouncing a death sentence against Rushdie. Muslims across the world, moderate Muslims, are trying to.boycott France, but did not spend a fraction of the effort condemning Islamic terrorist acts, such as ISIS. And it is typical of your double standard that you talk about Catholic priest but ignore the childbexecutions by devout Muslims countries like Iran https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d6d_1213054769. Or devoutly Muslim Iran condemning to death a pregnant 13 year old girl https://es.redskins.com/topic/76109-...eing-pregnant/ [Quote=* I didn't literally said the opposite. In fact you're literally quoting me saying it. You're quoting me saying that both receive "anti" content, whether its through protests, death threats or attacks. [/quote] Name the post you actually condmned the Islamic terrorist acts. Name the post you condenmed to Islamic countries executiong apostats. Name the posts where you condemn the death sentences by Pakiatan for blasphemy against mostly non Muslims, even though they make up only a tiny portion of Pakistans population. https://courtingthelaw.com/2020/08/2...e-in-pakistan/
    Correction: I continuously bring up inconvenient comparisons, and I have never once made any excuses or justifications for terror acts.
    In which post have you actually condemned the terrorist acts? You seemed concerned about the welfare of.children when it involved priest, bt not when Muslim countries like Iran sanction child marriages and sex between 10 year old glrs and 40 year old men. France and the Catholc church recognize.what the priests.did was wrong and have condemned it, but Iran has not recognzed sex with 10 year old girlsnis.wrong nor child executions, and Muslim.world has not condemned by Iran for.allowing it.. [Quote=* ↩↩You're merely lying about that. Vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with such attacks and they openly condemn them. [/quote] The vast majoirty of Muslims are more.willing to boycott France than take any actual actions against Muslim terrorist. More Muslims hage physically supported terrorism with their actions.than taken.actual physical actions.to stop terrorism. Name.aName.a boycott by Muslims.agaijat Muslim countries.that support terrorism. Name a boycott.by Muslims against countries like Pakistan for their death penalty for blasphemy and
    For your question that you are sure I won't answer: Apart from my home country, Albania comes to mind first.
    I did overlook formerly atheistic communist Muslim countries. However, the.majoirty of Albanians are not religious and Albania is officially still secular https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/m...-in-the-world/ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion. For.many years Albania was an atheist country, and only since the fall of.communism has religion made a comeback, so essentially Albania isn't really a Muslim country. But for.Muslim countries that were officially atheistist a few decades agao, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, Algeria, Mali, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, etc., non Muslims.are not officially treated equally, and whenever Muslims are firmly in charge, the worse non Muslims are treated. The Muslim, yoursellf.included, refuse.to egen recognize the existence of the massacres of Armenians and Christians Assyrians, let alone.condemn it. But Muslim are very quick take action when the interest of Muslims are being threatened. Islamic terrorist acts in France, not just the beheading of the professor, bt an old.woman in church in France. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...is/ar-BB1avl2c only elicited the feebliest protest by Muslims, but mere words by thr French President Muslims elicited boycotts by Muslims. You have said more criticizing thr French President than you have codemning the beheading of of a old.woman.in church and.fhat is.a fact you can't deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    You missed my point. The Catholics have universily condemened the actions of the priests, but Muslims have supported the action terrorists. Whole armies during f Muslims have joijed ISIS to commit terrorist.attacks, and support.for Islamic terrorism is widespread among the Muslim world. https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...ion-polls.aspx. https://clarionproject.org/new-poll-...rt-terrorists/ A quarter of British Muslims were sympathetic toward the Charlie Hebo attackers https://www.dawn.com/news/1165850. Muslms were far more.concerned about the words of the French president than the Islamic terrorist acts. Muslims never organized a boycott against Iran for excecuting young girls who were raped, or against the he Ayatollah for pronouncing a death sentence against Rushdie. Muslims across the world, moderate Muslims, are trying to.boycott France, but did not spend a fraction of the effort condemning Islamic terrorist acts, such as ISIS. And it is typical of your double standard that you talk about Catholic priest but ignore the childbexecutions by devout Muslims countries like Iran https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d6d_1213054769. Or devoutly Muslim Iran condemning to death a pregnant 13 year old girl https://es.redskins.com/topic/76109-...eing-pregnant/ Name the post you actually condmned the Islamic terrorist acts. Name the post you condenmed to Islamic countries executiong apostats. Name the posts where you condemn the death sentences by Pakiatan for blasphemy against mostly non Muslims, even though they make up only a tiny portion of Pakistans population. https://courtingthelaw.com/2020/08/2...e-in-pakistan/ In which post have you actually condemned the terrorist acts? You seemed concerned about the welfare of.children when it involved priest, bt not when Muslim countries like Iran sanction child marriages and sex between 10 year old glrs and 40 year old men. France and the Catholc church recognize.what the priests.did was wrong and have condemned it, but Iran has not recognzed sex with 10 year old girlsnis.wrong nor child executions, and Muslim.world has not condemned by Iran for.allowing it.. The vast majoirty of Muslims are more.willing to boycott France than take any actual actions against Muslim terrorist. More Muslims hage physically supported terrorism with their actions.than taken.actual physical actions.to stop terrorism. Name.aName.a boycott by Muslims.agaijat Muslim countries.that support terrorism. Name a boycott.by Muslims against countries like Pakistan for their death penalty for blasphemy and I did overlook formerly atheistic communist Muslim countries. However, the.majoirty of Albanians are not religious and Albania is officially still secular https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/m...-in-the-world/ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion. For.many years Albania was an atheist country, and only since the fall of.communism has religion made a comeback, so essentially Albania isn't really a Muslim country. But for.Muslim countries that were officially atheistist a few decades agao, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, Algeria, Mali, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, etc., non Muslims.are not officially treated equally, and whenever Muslims are firmly in charge, the worse non Muslims are treated. The Muslim, yoursellf.included, refuse.to egen recognize the existence of the massacres of Armenians and Christians Assyrians, let alone.condemn it. But Muslim are very quick take action when the interest of Muslims are being threatened. Islamic terrorist acts in France, not just the beheading of the professor, bt an old.woman in church in France. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...is/ar-BB1avl2c only elicited the feebliest protest by Muslims, but mere words by thr French President Muslims elicited boycotts by Muslims. You have said more criticizing thr French President than you have codemning the beheading of of a old.woman.in church and.fhat is.a fact you can't deny.
    Sigh... What a load of crap. I don't need to put up a show to condemn acts of terrorism to make you feel better. Just like some Muslims, some Catholics did stay silent to cover up molestation cases. That allowed those priests to continue molesting more kids. The Church didn't go out of its way to stem out those pedophiles and condemn them. They tried to cover it up... You can muddy the waters with appeals to emotion just to cover up the fact that you lied about what I argued all you want. You are continuing to lie about what I argue. It's a very weak argumentation tactic. You shouldn't do that to assume merit for your position. Your rhetoric is not much more quality than that of ISIL terrorists... Ah, so you're moving from having the same rights to treated equally. I should have stopped reading when you said Turkey was an atheistic country a few decades ago. When the reality you present is so fundamentally flawed I'm incapable of responding with patience. Good luck.
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Why shouldn’t Macron be critical of Islamist organisations and associated terrorism?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Why shouldn’t Macron be critical of Islamist organisations and associated terrorism?
    Who said he shouldn't be?
    The Armenian Issue